New hood isn't painted behind fire blanket

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Question: Did Ford paint this or did the Ford dealership body shop? It was on backorder for 3-4 weeks. Not sure where to direct my anger
Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Question: Did Ford paint this or did the Ford dealership body shop? It was on backorder for 3-4 weeks. Not sure where to direct my anger
Looks to be the e coat . Or I you will it is primer . The factory would paint but not clear under the hood . That is why it would be dull . Judging by your car color it may have been sprayed but not cleard

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
That's what you get when you take your car to the dealership. They don't give a rats arse about serving the customer correctly. My car has never been back to dealer since the day i bought it.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
I had my hood replaced under warranty too. The dealership had their body shop paint it. They painted the whole thing, but only clear coated the outside portions and about 1/8th inch around edges. I complained and made them redo it (also had fish-eyes popping up, so they did a really shitty job the first time). Second time around they painted and clear coated whole thing both top and bottom. I had the service manager out there inspecting it with me when I went to pick it up the second time.
Also, fun fact: the new hood does not come with the plastic vents. They transferred the vents from my old hood to the new one.

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
I spoke with the shop this morning, they're going to take care of it. Attached are two photos of my original hood
Stock Original Hood - IMG_20180823_111354.jpg
Stock Original Hood2 - IMG_20180823_111339.jpg

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
When they replaced mine they painted and cleared the whole thing but did not buff out the underside (it has a matte finish). I was on the fence about taking it back but when I looked at my other cars (including my wifes Jag) they were all that way - not polished underneath. I know from the factory it WAS buffed out but I did not want to take it back and have the dearlership screw it up trying to fix it.