2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
You can buy direct from Forgeline. Lots of wheel manufacturers don't really make their own wheels, they farm them out to a third party. Forgeline designs and makes their own wheels, all done here (Ohio I think) and not in Taiwan or China.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
You can buy direct from Forgeline. Lots of wheel manufacturers don't really make their own wheels, they farm them out to a third party. Forgeline designs and makes their own wheels, all done here (Ohio I think) and not in Taiwan or China.
In my experience with Forgeline, their price quotes are higher than their distibutors price quotes.

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
The only "must haves" are... a case of motorcraft oil :) Enjoy.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Now, now Badger, let the guy break his engine in first :wink:

X2 on track time after the engine break in :rockon:
Best place to break it in is on the race track, right? :cwl:

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
I am not a believer in saving the wheels to put them on the shelf and not use them even in a daily driver situation why save them for the next buyer, at best put a set of non cup tires on it and drive it. Personally I drove both track and street on the cups and would not have had it any other way. One of the main characteristic difference in the cars is the wheels and tires it just makes the car and steering feel lighter and extremely nimble but obviously tramlines a bit.

Yea they are expensive but if a wheel is totally damaged that is what insurance is for. If you scrape a wheel or need minor repairs they can be fixed and repaired for about $300 each and a few weeks.

The guy that repairs them has all the x-ray equipment etc to do it properly his # is 949-355-1045 I forgot the company name though but its in Scotts Valley California

Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
I am not a believer in saving the wheels to put them on the shelf and not use them even in a daily driver situation why save them for the next buyer, at best put a set of non cup tires on it and drive it. Personally I drove both track and street on the cups and would not have had it any other way. One of the main characteristic difference in the cars is the wheels and tires it just makes the car and steering feel lighter and extremely nimble but obviously tramlines a bit.

Yea they are expensive but if a wheel is totally damaged that is what insurance is for. If you scrape a wheel or need minor repairs they can be fixed and repaired for about $300 each and a few weeks.

The guy that repairs them has all the x-ray equipment etc to do it properly his # is 949-355-1045 I forgot the company name though but its in Scotts Valley California
Thanks. I hope I never need them but I've got them bookmarked. http://spydercomposites.com/

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
My ford dealer is delivering my new 2018 R delivered Saturday in Orange Fury. Car has 6 miles. What are the must have accessories for this car? I’ve read about the rock guards and front splitter guards. Anything else I should invest in? Thank you. Trying to stay ahead of things
Dom,

The OEM wheels are bad ass on this car. Look great and perform well. Lightweight, strong, and stiff. No real argument to say they aren’t as good as everyone says they are.

Down side is they are a pain to repair if damaged, cost a fortune to replace, and have a tight caliper clearance that will cause debris to scratch the ceramic heat coating if caught between the wheel/caliper. Not to mention the wear rating on the SC2 tire, fickle behavior in cold/wet, tramlining on the street, and scratches to the quarter panels/doors from throwing rocks down the body. Keep the R wheels and use them for what they are designed for, track use. Even then, you don’t want to make a mistake on them.

That is where us at Signature Wheel come in. Custom forged aluminum wheels that are track engineered and proven. For the street or track we build setups that are less expensive, with double the OEM caliper clearance, 20-22lbs in weight, and comperable strength/stiffness to the carbon fiber. Not to mention a variety of design and finish options.

Www.signaturewheel.com

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qBHDLwf5bI6kFYRK2
Sponsored