460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Boy I hate these kind of threads.
You do you and I’ll do me should be the phrase of the day.
emcmtony….Just a heads up. Look up new GT500 owners who have owned GT350’s. Some are looking to sell or have sold to get back into another GT350.
It’s all about what you want out of your car and what you are comfortable to spend.
Not all of us are into extensive modifications. As a matter of fact, I’d say most of us are not.
There are times when I think I over bought for what I’m using the GT350 for right now. The intent was a retirement sports car that will hit the track a few times a year. Retirement hasn’t happened yet, so there’s that.
Nobody here has to justify their purchases. Who cares?
This reminds me of the current political environment. One side isn’t going to change the thought process of another, time and experience will.
I‘ve never cared at all how others spend their money. I do care how our government spends my money though.
You all have a great week.
Sponsored

Last edited:

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That’s funny right there! Bless your heart!
Love your post and made my day!!:giggle:

Still chuckling this morning and "Bless Your Heart" as well for posting!

For our new found friend in NJ it is actually "MagneRide" and not "magnaride" and hoping that I get his approval for a good response.

:clap:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Love your post and made my day!!:giggle:

Still chuckling this morning and "Bless Your Heart" as well for posting!

For our new found friend in NJ it is actually "MagneRide" and not "magnaride" and hoping that I get his approval for a good response.

:clap:
She, or he, will probably reach down into her/his coin pocket of condescension and likely attempt to berate you with intellectual lint.

it’s good to hear from you again HG.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
She, or he, will probably reach down into her/his coin pocket of condescension and likely attempt to berate you with intellectual lint.

it’s good to hear from you again HG.
Same to you FW! :like: :like:

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
plus613-allaboard-thehot-mess-express-toot-toot-memegenerator-net-all-aboard-52825088.png

sk8ermoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350 / 2004 LSB M3
This guy's just trying to quantify something that requires an elevated sense of appreciation for something that's a passion. That's difficult to explain. The Mustang is a rental cheap car platform and is not associated with a high end driving experience. It only gets interesting once the GT350 comes in (I wouldn't even include the GT500), with a very unique high revving engine. These types of cars typically appeal to a certain connoisseur type. If you want to define it using a checklist, it would be a high revving engine, rear wheel drive, and manual transmission car. Examples include Honda S2000, E46/E92 M3, Porsche GT3, and of course a few exotics out there. It's limited company that appeal to a limited audience. We sacrifice objectively inferior numbers for enhanced driving feel and experience.

This is not to say all GT350 owners are these people since some Mustang fans just love Mustangs and get every single kind. The great thing about the GT350 is it introduces this great type of driving experience to those who would've never experienced such a car. The Boss 302 is the closest thing, but the interior makes you throw up.

It's not the perfect analogy, but this troll is comparing a Double Cheeseburger from Carl's Jr. to a Double Double. He argues you can add on onion rings, bacon, bbq sauce, AND still has 2 buns and 2 patties to get a Western Bacon Cheeseburger. It must be tangibly better so why do we all get the Double Double? How do you explain that to someone who thinks like that? Just enjoy the Double Double and kinda laugh at the person who thinks the WBC is better.

A suggestion to the troll...the GT350 is not for you if you have to ask. We've done our research and appreciate the package as a whole. If you think you can do better and enjoy that driving experience better, then go for it. The GT350 wasn't made for you and you're not the intended audience. May I suggest a Dodge Challenger to you? I think you have the car you want already so what are you looking for? I'm willing to bet you can never picture yourself driving a Miata?

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
This guy's just trying to quantify something that requires an elevated sense of appreciation for something that's a passion. That's difficult to explain. The Mustang is a rental cheap car platform and is not associated with a high end driving experience. It only gets interesting once the GT350 comes in (I wouldn't even include the GT500), with a very unique high revving engine. These types of cars typically appeal to a certain connoisseur type. If you want to define it using a checklist, it would be a high revving engine, rear wheel drive, and manual transmission car. Examples include Honda S2000, E46/E92 M3, Porsche GT3, and of course a few exotics out there. It's limited company that appeal to a limited audience. We sacrifice objectively inferior numbers for enhanced driving feel and experience.

This is not to say all GT350 owners are these people since some Mustang fans just love Mustangs and get every single kind. The great thing about the GT350 is it introduces this great type of driving experience to those who would've never experienced such a car. The Boss 302 is the closest thing, but the interior makes you throw up.

It's not the perfect analogy, but this troll is comparing a Double Cheeseburger from Carl's Jr. to a Double Double. He argues you can add on onion rings, bacon, bbq sauce, AND still has 2 buns and 2 patties to get a Western Bacon Cheeseburger. It must be tangibly better so why do we all get the Double Double? How do you explain that to someone who thinks like that? Just enjoy the Double Double and kinda laugh at the person who thinks the WBC is better.

A suggestion to the troll...the GT350 is not for you if you have to ask. We've done our research and appreciate the package as a whole. If you think you can do better and enjoy that driving experience better, then go for it. The GT350 wasn't made for you and you're not the intended audience. May I suggest a Dodge Challenger to you? I think you have the car you want already so what are you looking for? I'm willing to bet you can never picture yourself driving a Miata?

Sponsored

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks....that is a good response. appreciate it
The unfortunate downside of emails and texts is that what a person communicates can be easily misinterpreted. There is tangible value in having the in-person conversation or even a phone conversation.

TBH, I did not take your initial comments/reasoning in a negative light. It is actually a valid point in terms of overall value vs. initial cost.

To answer your original question is ultimately one of personal preference.

My GT350 is my 4th Mustang and the 3rd of the S550 platform. Of the S550 platform, I started with the 2015 GT Performance Pack. I had the car for about 3 yrs and did the typical bolt on aftermarket modifications (lowering springs, cold air intake, cat-back exhaust, tune, IRS components). With each modification, the car's performance increased as did my modification appetite. It is of note that this car did not have MagneRide as it was not an available option. This car was a base model and did not have the large touch screen/navigation, heated/cooled seats, leather.

Since owning the 2015, I became a annual visitor to the Ford Nationals. There, I was able to do a ride-along with a modified Mustang GT with all of Ford Performance's after market bits. On the autocross, it was mind-blowing how much better the car handled than my GT. In 2019, I did my first ride-along in a 2019 GT350. My mind was absolutely blown on how the car handled on the autocross with the butt-dyno grinning in delight on the difference from the 5.0 Coyote compared to the 5.2 Voodoo. I was smitten but I would never have the disposable income to afford such a car.

A few weeks later, I traded-up the 2015 GT Performance Pack for a 2019 base GT Performance Pack 2. This car was a significant upgrade compared to the the base 2015 because the MagneRide required the electronics package (large touch screen and my color). Compared to my 2015, this car handled on rails! It is inconceivable the difference in performance of the MagneRide to that of the traditional shocks. The ride is more composed and even in the sport setting, the ride was very tolerable compared to the harshness of the lowered 2015. I opted to jump on the Ford Performance Cold air Intake/GT Tune so that the motor would match the output of the 2019 Bullitt and I was extremely happy with the mild uptick in power. I was about to buy more aftermarket bolt on parts until...

I was very blessed and fortunate to find a 2019 GT350 that was a previous model year left over. I was able to get the car for $10k under sticker and this deal enabled me to obtain the GT350. This car was a dream car of mine since it was introduced. I never sat in the car in real life until the 2019 ride-along. I did however test drove a used (2017) GT350, but I could not get a deal done that I could afford.

In my ownership of the 2019 PP2, I learned that even though the performance of the car was a quantum leap ahead of the PP1, it did not match that of the GT350. There are endless posts in this forum about the bang-for-your buck value of the PP2 vs. the GT350. There are numerous comparisons done in the magazines and on YouTube.

I can best summarize is that IF you are comparing the bargain-basement price of the base PP2, you can use the cost savings from the GT350 and go the aftermarket options of an E85 tune, cold air intake, long tube headers, track brake pads and installation of an aftermarket diff cooler. This set-up routinely puts a stock GT350 to shame on the track.

Your observations reminded me of the debate of the merits of the GT PP2 vs the GT350. My history/experiences with the S550 platform as described above brings me to my answer to your observations:

1. Warranty. There are owners that have sometimes unnecessary anxieties about violating their warranty new car warranty. I have noted a lot of these people opt with only going with the Ford Performance route with dealer installation of parts to maintain a resemblance of a warranty in their opinion. I do not harbor ill will about this opinion because in the end it is their hard earned money as a customer and they want that piece of mind.

2. Insurance. Outside of a Shelby modified vehicle, a Roush vehicle VIN is linked to a GT, and not a $80k+ RS3. I am not 100% certain, but I believe that a Saleen vehicle is also in this category. It is understandable as an owner, the true value of the car takes a hit when car insurance is compensating for a total loss. For those that finance with GAP insurance, they are protected. For those that pay cash, you could have potentially lost up to 50% value of the car at MSRP (those of the supercharged flavor).

3. The driving experience.
a. This is obviously highly subjective. My thoughts are that anyone can modify a car with an infinite amount of aftermarket parts. However I feel that the GT350 is the "complete deal." What I mean is that the engineering the Ford has done for this car has made the significant perceived performance upgrades over a Mustang GT seamless.
b. Compared to any stock Mustang (until 2020) the GT350 top tier production Mustang. Even then there were cars out there faster in a straight line, yet this car transformed the typical "muscle car" identification of Mustang (big power but cannot turn), to that of a pure sports car. Dealers enjoyed outrageous mark-ups for the first 3 years of production. The bang-for-your buck vs. BMW and Porsche models that cost tens of thousands of dollars more for similar/better on-track performance placed this car in high demand. The GT350 and the comparable Camaro transformed these muscle cars to purist sports cars. Cross shopping of would-be Porsche/BMW owners is not unheard of and the car was more "every day" livable as opposed to the typical modified mustang.
c. I have told many people that I use to modify mustangs because not only did I enjoy doing the work, but I liked the gains that I observed in doing so. In reality, I was chasing to meet or exceed the performance of the GT350. The GT PP2 is very close to GT350 performance, but I can attest and agree with the car journalists that at the limit, the PP2 is quite sketchy and does not exude confidence to me as a driver, it just felt incomplete.
d. Simply put, as a guy that has owned/modified numerous Mustangs, I love that I now have a car that is quite powerful naturally aspirated, and the power delivery is that of one that I don't have to worry about losing the rear end during hard cornering. I personally enjoy driving the car in the twisties and am not attracted to the drag strip or street racing. I am in the category of opinion that there is only so much usable horsepower for the street. I have the exclusivity of a very unique motor and am now getting into autocross and some HPDE.
e. This car exudes confidence, and I honestly feel that I am the limiting factor as a driver and that this car has much more to offer. I have not found the limit to this car. I cannot say that to the previous mustangs that I have had in the past.

This car is a weekend toy and provides the "therapy" I need with a smile on my face.

My hope is that some of these points that I have outlined will give you a glimpse at my perceived value of the GT350 over that of other Mustang models, modified or not. In the end, as previously stated, an answer to your opinion is in the eye of the owner. There is honestly no bad choice.

By the way, Saleen has done an incredible job with their White Label Edition cars. I hope that you are enjoying driving you car! I also see the value in purchasing a car from Saleen, Steeda or Roush.

If it was not for the Voodoo, I most likely would have an RS3 in my garage. That motor is what initially hooked me the the GT350... there is nothing out their like it! ...until the Z06 comes out.... but then again it may comeback in a Thunderbird??

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
The unfortunate downside of emails and texts is that what a person communicates can be easily misinterpreted. There is tangible value in having the in-person conversation or even a phone conversation.

TBH, I did not take your initial comments/reasoning in a negative light. It is actually a valid point in terms of overall value vs. initial cost.

To answer your original question is ultimately one of personal preference.

My GT350 is my 4th Mustang and the 3rd of the S550 platform. Of the S550 platform, I started with the 2015 GT Performance Pack. I had the car for about 3 yrs and did the typical bolt on aftermarket modifications (lowering springs, cold air intake, cat-back exhaust, tune, IRS components). With each modification, the car's performance increased as did my modification appetite. It is of note that this car did not have MagneRide as it was not an available option. This car was a base model and did not have the large touch screen/navigation, heated/cooled seats, leather.

Since owning the 2015, I became a annual visitor to the Ford Nationals. There, I was able to do a ride-along with a modified Mustang GT with all of Ford Performance's after market bits. On the autocross, it was mind-blowing how much better the car handled than my GT. In 2019, I did my first ride-along in a 2019 GT350. My mind was absolutely blown on how the car handled on the autocross with the butt-dyno grinning in delight on the difference from the 5.0 Coyote compared to the 5.2 Voodoo. I was smitten but I would never have the disposable income to afford such a car.

A few weeks later, I traded-up the 2015 GT Performance Pack for a 2019 base GT Performance Pack 2. This car was a significant upgrade compared to the the base 2015 because the MagneRide required the electronics package (large touch screen and my color). Compared to my 2015, this car handled on rails! It is inconceivable the difference in performance of the MagneRide to that of the traditional shocks. The ride is more composed and even in the sport setting, the ride was very tolerable compared to the harshness of the lowered 2015. I opted to jump on the Ford Performance Cold air Intake/GT Tune so that the motor would match the output of the 2019 Bullitt and I was extremely happy with the mild uptick in power. I was about to buy more aftermarket bolt on parts until...

I was very blessed and fortunate to find a 2019 GT350 that was a previous model year left over. I was able to get the car for $10k under sticker and this deal enabled me to obtain the GT350. This car was a dream car of mine since it was introduced. I never sat in the car in real life until the 2019 ride-along. I did however test drove a used (2017) GT350, but I could not get a deal done that I could afford.

In my ownership of the 2019 PP2, I learned that even though the performance of the car was a quantum leap ahead of the PP1, it did not match that of the GT350. There are endless posts in this forum about the bang-for-your buck value of the PP2 vs. the GT350. There are numerous comparisons done in the magazines and on YouTube.

I can best summarize is that IF you are comparing the bargain-basement price of the base PP2, you can use the cost savings from the GT350 and go the aftermarket options of an E85 tune, cold air intake, long tube headers, track brake pads and installation of an aftermarket diff cooler. This set-up routinely puts a stock GT350 to shame on the track.

Your observations reminded me of the debate of the merits of the GT PP2 vs the GT350. My history/experiences with the S550 platform as described above brings me to my answer to your observations:

1. Warranty. There are owners that have sometimes unnecessary anxieties about violating their warranty new car warranty. I have noted a lot of these people opt with only going with the Ford Performance route with dealer installation of parts to maintain a resemblance of a warranty in their opinion. I do not harbor ill will about this opinion because in the end it is their hard earned money as a customer and they want that piece of mind.

2. Insurance. Outside of a Shelby modified vehicle, a Roush vehicle VIN is linked to a GT, and not a $80k+ RS3. I am not 100% certain, but I believe that a Saleen vehicle is also in this category. It is understandable as an owner, the true value of the car takes a hit when car insurance is compensating for a total loss. For those that finance with GAP insurance, they are protected. For those that pay cash, you could have potentially lost up to 50% value of the car at MSRP (those of the supercharged flavor).

3. The driving experience.
a. This is obviously highly subjective. My thoughts are that anyone can modify a car with an infinite amount of aftermarket parts. However I feel that the GT350 is the "complete deal." What I mean is that the engineering the Ford has done for this car has made the significant perceived performance upgrades over a Mustang GT seamless.
b. Compared to any stock Mustang (until 2020) the GT350 top tier production Mustang. Even then there were cars out there faster in a straight line, yet this car transformed the typical "muscle car" identification of Mustang (big power but cannot turn), to that of a pure sports car. Dealers enjoyed outrageous mark-ups for the first 3 years of production. The bang-for-your buck vs. BMW and Porsche models that cost tens of thousands of dollars more for similar/better on-track performance placed this car in high demand. The GT350 and the comparable Camaro transformed these muscle cars to purist sports cars. Cross shopping of would-be Porsche/BMW owners is not unheard of and the car was more "every day" livable as opposed to the typical modified mustang.
c. I have told many people that I use to modify mustangs because not only did I enjoy doing the work, but I liked the gains that I observed in doing so. In reality, I was chasing to meet or exceed the performance of the GT350. The GT PP2 is very close to GT350 performance, but I can attest and agree with the car journalists that at the limit, the PP2 is quite sketchy and does not exude confidence to me as a driver, it just felt incomplete.
d. Simply put, as a guy that has owned/modified numerous Mustangs, I love that I now have a car that is quite powerful naturally aspirated, and the power delivery is that of one that I don't have to worry about losing the rear end during hard cornering. I personally enjoy driving the car in the twisties and am not attracted to the drag strip or street racing. I am in the category of opinion that there is only so much usable horsepower for the street. I have the exclusivity of a very unique motor and am now getting into autocross and some HPDE.
e. This car exudes confidence, and I honestly feel that I am the limiting factor as a driver and that this car has much more to offer. I have not found the limit to this car. I cannot say that to the previous mustangs that I have had in the past.

This car is a weekend toy and provides the "therapy" I need with a smile on my face.

My hope is that some of these points that I have outlined will give you a glimpse at my perceived value of the GT350 over that of other Mustang models, modified or not. In the end, as previously stated, an answer to your opinion is in the eye of the owner. There is honestly no bad choice.

By the way, Saleen has done an incredible job with their White Label Edition cars. I hope that you are enjoying driving you car! I also see the value in purchasing a car from Saleen, Steeda or Roush.

If it was not for the Voodoo, I most likely would have an RS3 in my garage. That motor is what initially hooked me the the GT350... there is nothing out their like it! ...until the Z06 comes out.... but then again it may comeback in a Thunderbird??
What is your track experience? What tracks have you been on and how frequently?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I just purchased a gt350r from CarMax. I only paid $57,000 with 1 owner 4500 miles. A true dream come true! I just had to share.
OP, have you taken possession of the car and driven it yet?.. anxious to hear your impressions.