Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Buying a used car today is like buying a house today. A good deal today, is likely a sub par deal in a few months.
Ummm, really? You compare this no-shoes R to a complete R market and say a good deal is subpar in a few months? Lol.

This guy just got an R minus shoes for $57k. Iā€™ll take that deal and it wonā€™t be subpar ever.

For the record, the market hasnā€™t changed. Good luck making predictions in this market. There are far too many variables to even contemplate gauging the 350 market-cap right now.

Ash1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Shelby GT350 Race Red
Great deal. I would have jumped on it. Gave fun with your new toy.

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Ummm, really? You compare this no-shoes R to a complete R market and say a good deal is subpar in a few months? Lol.

This guy just got an R minus shoes for $57k. Iā€™ll take that deal and it wonā€™t be subpar ever.

For the record, the market hasnā€™t changed. Good luck making predictions in this market. There are far too many variables to even contemplate gauging the 350 market-cap right now.
Some of you get way too bent over the price of these cars. As somebody mentioned in another thread, we are in a bubble in more markets than one. The car bubble is due to a chip shortage. The gt350 isn't the only car that's selling for more than it's worth right now. The market is dragging the 350 up, not the other way around. Sure, it would be great if the prices were to never fall, but OP just proved it that there are weaknesses in the bubble. I wouldn't be surprised seeing this deal pop up more an more in the coming months. Hell, i posted one a few months ago and was hit with, "that ad is fake". I'd say, if you're that sensitive over the price of your car, you might want to put your head in the sand when things go south.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Some of you get way too bent over the price of these cars. As somebody mentioned in another thread, we are in a bubble in more markets than one. The car bubble is due to a chip shortage. The gt350 isn't the only car that's selling for more than it's worth right now. The market is dragging the 350 up, not the other way around. Sure, it would be great if the prices were to never fall, but OP just proved it that there are weaknesses in the bubble. I wouldn't be surprised seeing this deal pop up more an more in the coming months. Hell, i posted one a few months ago and was hit with, "that ad is fake". I'd say, if you're that sensitive over the price of your car, you might want to put your head in the sand when things go south.
Look man, youā€™re the one selling snake oil. My car isnā€™t going anywhere, so if things go east, west, north or south, Iā€™m ok.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It happened to coincide with the end of R production - It's the right time for a bump with these cars. It's a completely different thing than higher prices family commuter cars.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
If you are suggesting that we will see pricing for other R models dropping to this same price point in the very near future it is obvious that you have no comprehension as to the recent increased interest, collectibility and the tremendous demand for these 2 seat 2nd generation GT350/R's.

There are a number of important factors that has spiked the recent increase in demand for these very cool R models and if you haven't figured that out by now then not really much else to say.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
For the OP - First, welcome to the club - incredible cars. I think the Apex wheels actually look pretty kick ass.

The reason people are dismissing the "deal" is because an R without the most valuable component is simply worth that much less - it's not representative of what people would consider the R "market". Still 100% an R by vin.

Sponsored

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
This has become a very interesting thread. Happy for the OP who now owns a VIN R. But come on folksā€¦just like a ā€œGolden Ticketā€ CFTP GT500 without the CR CF wheels on the car, or in its owners possession and included in the sale, is hardly a ā€œgolden ticketā€. A GT350R without the CR CF wheels is a shell of the original car to investors (Carmax or a buyer/investor). As much as current car prices are elevated, this car will (until reunited with its original CF wheels) continue to be or perform to a fraction of its original intended trackable glory. And thus, as is, will sell and resell for a fraction of its R model potential value.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Hilarious!
How and the heck did you find that?
Easy to find!
Leave Glendale with chick driving to Vegas.šŸ˜
Find out shes decided to run up Hwy 2 to cut across to 15.šŸ˜Ž
Detour at big pines when you realize she ran thru a speed trap prolly 30 minutes ago and cops is pissed.šŸ˜²
Big pines highway to Palmdale but drop off at 82nd to drive along the irrigation canal.šŸ¤«
Boom! you in PalmdalešŸ¤Ŗ

Last edited:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Easy to find!
Leave Glendale with chick driving to Vegas.šŸ˜
Find out shes decided to run up Hwy 2 to cut across to 15.šŸ˜Ž
Detour at big pines when you realize she ran thru a speed trap prolly 30 minutes ago and cops is pissed.šŸ˜²
Big pines highway to Palmdale but drop off at 82nd to drive along the irrigation canal.šŸ¤«
Boom! you in PalmdalešŸ¤Ŗ
Changing someoneā€™s quoteā€¦..not cool but very funny.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This has become a very interesting thread. Happy for the OP who now owns a VIN R. But come on folksā€¦just like a ā€œGolden Ticketā€ CFTP GT500 without the CR CF wheels on the car, or in its owners possession and included in the sale, is hardly a ā€œgolden ticketā€. A GT350R without the CR CF wheels is a shell of the original car to investors (Carmax or a buyer/investor). As much as current car prices are elevated, this car will (until reunited with its original CF wheels) continue to be or perform to a fraction of its original intended trackable glory. And thus, as is, will sell and resell for a fraction of its R model potential value.
FWIW, the wheels are not serialized to the car. All the guy has to do is come up with a set of appropriate CF wheels and cup 2s and all is ok.

Unfortunately, that is a tall order and most won't ever complete the task.

But hey, he has an R for 57K...... sort of
Sponsored