New Gt350r Owner ! $57,000 CarMax Wow!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Tell that to Jay Leno who took out his factory R seats and installed stock mustang seats because they were more comfortable. I bought the car because of how it made me feel when I drove it. If it had come with the carbon fiber wheels I would have taken them off for some aftermarket wheels anyway. I may over time pick up an oem wheel here and their untill I have a complete set but they would not go on the car.At the end of the day I spent 57000.00 for a gt350r.
Just a heads up aceā€¦...
Do your homework on buying the correct CF wheels. Donā€™t know what year the design changed but it did. Be sure and get all of the like.
BTWā€¦Good on you for the deal you got but more importunately, welcome to the forum.
Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
I've bought a couple cars at CarMax in the past, and I seem to recall their corporate policy being something along the lines that if you discover any original equipment missing from the car within the first 30 days, they would order the missing parts. Might be a long shot here, but it wouldn't hurt to do some research and see if they still follow that policy. Who knows... Maybe they'll order 4 brand new CF wheels for you, or split the cost with you. Good luck!

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
I've bought a couple cars at CarMax in the past, and I seem to recall their corporate policy being something along the lines that if you discover any original equipment missing from the car within the first 30 days, they would order the missing parts. Might be a long shot here, but it wouldn't hurt to do some research and see if they still follow that policy. Who knows... Maybe they'll order 4 brand new CF wheels for you, or split the cost with you. Good luck!
Canā€™t hurt. All they can do is say no.

turns out Carmax now do sell GT350Rā€™s even with carbon wheels.

2019 GT350R for $75k

https://www.carmax.com/car/20540955

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Holy crap. Not the 12k I quoted ,but you'd be looking at more like 24K.

They won't do that without a big fight, but wouldn't that be glorious.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Wouldnā€™t that be something!
Weā€™ll be keeping an eye on this. Why? Because I hate the man keeping the little guy down. ;-)

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
this used '19R sold yesterday for $100k (after BAT fee)...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2019-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350r-10
You know how it goes, things are worth what people are willing to pay.. BAT is an auction platform that has successfully attracted the type of bidders that continue to overperform.. At the end of the day, people often have more money than sense IMO. It wasn't my money and if the winning bidder is happy, more power to him/her.

As someone in the business, I'm just glad we've finally turned the corner. Bids and pricing are rapidly adjusting in my surrounding markets on the bread and butter stuff. There will be some temporary peaks on the way back to reality.. Lots of people were sitting out, some people will have emergencies etc.. New supply has been making it's way on the lots. But, as I mentioned.. these types of cars and exotics will take some time to adjust. I mean you can't go out and get a new 350 R anymore.

Sponsored

Los_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.motormisfit.com
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT in Grabber Lime Green
Congrats on your amazing buy!!! Enjoy that car!