Sponsored

New Gt350r Owner ! $57,000 CarMax Wow!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That is a good buy - despite the absence of the CF rims. I wouid gthwr to say that CarMax did know the significance of the vehicle and the cost of the CF rim replacement. Shops like a Vroom, CarMax, etc. know what they are buying, they also run various VIN check reports too.

Was it priced low? Sure, but as stated it was probably priced as fair as it could be considering the missing components and current market. They're not going to sit on inventory, which costs them money daily for every vehicle sitting on the lot.

There are still deals to be found if shopping Nationwide and using a variety of tools/resources.
Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
That is a good buy - despite the absence of the CF rims. I wouid gthwr to say that CarMax did know the significance of the vehicle and the cost of the CF rim replacement. Shops like a Vroom, CarMax, etc. know what they are buying, they also run various VIN check reports too.

Was it priced low? Sure, but as stated it was probably priced as fair as it could be considering the missing components and current market. They're not going to sit on inventory, which costs them money daily for every vehicle sitting on the lot.

There are still deals to be found if shopping Nationwide and using a variety of tools/resources.
Because of the vin which would have said that it was an R model, they probably did know, but absence of the wheels is most likely why they choose to buy the car. That completely eliminates any costly wheel liability or replacement costs when they were preparing the car for sale and replacing any used or broken parts. We now know those seconds hand resellers will buy the car if the carbon wheels are missing. And they must not know that the wing is also carbon and goes for around 25k, if they knew that they probably would not have touched it, unless they figure that the wing is a low damage area.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Because of the vin which would have said that it was an R model, they probably did know, but absence of the wheels is most likely why they choose to buy the car. That completely eliminates any costly wheel liability or replacement costs when they were preparing the car for sale and replacing any used or broken parts. We now know those seconds hand resellers will buy the car if the carbon wheels are missing. And they must not know that the wing is also carbon and goes for around 25k, if they knew that they probably would not have touched it, unless they figure that the wing is a low damage area.
The wing alone is worth $25k?!!

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
The wing alone is worth $25k?!!
yep. The carbon bits are extremely pricey if they donā€™t come with the car. Cool point, the wing was made by Multimatic. The 500ā€™s wing is supposedly made by another firm.

I remember one R model that was the victim of theft while on a dealers lot. They crooks stole the wheels and the wing. The car was totaled because of the cost to replace the missing parts. It was for sale on eBay with a salvage title for around 50k two years ago. Wouldā€™ve been a great track car.

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
not quite...I guess it depends on your dealer, mine quoted 12k and some change not long ago šŸ˜‰
definitely depends on the dealer. I see one dealer still has it priced at $23k while others have it for 10k.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Or maybe someone at the dealer knew what it was worth and took the parts off spent a little on the wheels and sold the wheels and wing for bank

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Nice find if you were looking to get aftermarket wheels anyways.... Congrats

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
No storage of the CF wheels here. Run 'em! Anyone can make a non-R an R, but it'll cost ya. R by VIN, but not an R without those spectacularly light wheels.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ace2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350r/Raptor
Tell that to Jay Leno who took out his factory R seats and installed stock mustang seats because they were more comfortable. I bought the car because of how it made me feel when I drove it. If it had come with the carbon fiber wheels I would have taken them off for some aftermarket wheels anyway. I may over time pick up an oem wheel here and their untill I have a complete set but they would not go on the car.At the end of the day I spent 57000.00 for a gt350r.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Congratulations!

Good and bad news for some, used car prices are just starting to correct themselves this month. We can see how everything is going at the auctions and we're turning a corner back towards reality.

Most are telling their guys (appraisers, buyers) to throw away their books and buy right at the moment.. The days of one year old trucks and SUVs going for over MSRP are thankfully over! Watching all trucks sit right now, nothing selling on the lanes. Mid level sportscars and low level highline will drop next.. Exotics and rare highline will probably take a little more time.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Tell that to Jay Leno who took out his factory R seats and installed stock mustang seats because they were more comfortable. I bought the car because of how it made me feel when I drove it. If it had come with the carbon fiber wheels I would have taken them off for some aftermarket wheels anyway. I may over time pick up an oem wheel here and their untill I have a complete set but they would not go on the car.At the end of the day I spent 57000.00 for a gt350r.
You definitely did good.

SMH at the guy saying it isn't an R because it doesn't have the wheels. Ok dude.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Like the first response to this thread said ā€œdrive it like you stole itā€ because at that price you literally did. Great find!

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
ace2020,
No offense intended. Only to state that you need to experience what FP intended with the R by the use of Carbon Revolution's incredible manufacturing feat. If you do find a set of CR CF wheels, I highly recommend you run them.
Sponsored

Last edited: