Sponsored

New GT - Time for Twins

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well I finally picked up a new 2020 Mustang GT this week. Went with a 401A, a10, PP car....and LOVE it.

I had a VMP supercharged 2015 Mustang GT that I sold about 2 1/2 years ago and since then I haven't been up to date on much regarding the mustang world. I can tell you I love this new car. I feel like it handles so much better, is super quick, and all around the features are very nice compared to my '15.

My goal with this car. Hellion Sleeper Setup and street friendly 9 sec weekend cruiser. I have a few questions that I haven't easily found the answers to and I'm hoping you guys can help.

1. Do you know what the "Hellion Spec" Fore Fuel system consists of that you can purchase with the hellion kit through TBR and is it worth the money?
2. Do I need to worry about any wheel fitment issues with the PP car so long as I go with an 18" front and 17" rear for a drag pack?
3. I was planning on a fairly mild exhaust with loudmouth boost actuated cutouts. Anyone have reviews/thoughts on those?
4. Any thoughts/suggestions regarding the Hellion Kit do's and do not's are welcome as well!
Sponsored

jwaked

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jalal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10, 2017 Chevy SS Sedan 6MT
following, I also want to build a 9 sec weekend car in the next few weeks.

OP
OP

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
following, I also want to build a 9 sec weekend car in the next few weeks.
It’s not hard these days with boost. Just pick your poison between centri, roots, turbos.

Mine will be the Hellion Street Sleeper Kit with BB 62’s, triple pump fuel system with 1050 or 1300cc injectors (depending on what my tuner says), e85, opg’s, and a tire.

2kblacksleeper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT
Well I finally picked up a new 2020 Mustang GT this week. Went with a 401A, a10, PP car....and LOVE it.

I had a VMP supercharged 2015 Mustang GT that I sold about 2 1/2 years ago and since then I haven't been up to date on much regarding the mustang world. I can tell you I love this new car. I feel like it handles so much better, is super quick, and all around the features are very nice compared to my '15.

My goal with this car. Hellion Sleeper Setup and street friendly 9 sec weekend cruiser. I have a few questions that I haven't easily found the answers to and I'm hoping you guys can help.

1. Do you know what the "Hellion Spec" Fore Fuel system consists of that you can purchase with the hellion kit through TBR and is it worth the money?
2. Do I need to worry about any wheel fitment issues with the PP car so long as I go with an 18" front and 17" rear for a drag pack?
3. I was planning on a fairly mild exhaust with loudmouth boost actuated cutouts. Anyone have reviews/thoughts on those?
4. Any thoughts/suggestions regarding the Hellion Kit do's and do not's are welcome as well!
Just give Terry a call and ask him.

Beefcake racing. 513-478-1965

OP
OP

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just give Terry a call and ask him.

Beefcake racing. 513-478-1965

I actually e-mailed Terry before making the post. He never got back with me, I didn’t call at the time because it was after hours and I figured he’d get back with me. I’ve talked to him before on the phone and ordered a Procharger through him for my brothers car....so I know I “could” get ahold of him if I was ordering ASAP, but I’m going to wait for another sale I figure as I just bought the car.

I just figured someone who’s went this route would be on here and be able to add clarity to my concerns without much effort.

Sponsored

2kblacksleeper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT
No i get you. The fuel systems can vary greatly in what they include. That's why it would be best to talk to him.

Some companies list fuel kits, but they dont come with a controller so you have to wire both pumps running all the time, install a hobbs switch etc.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
if you don't mind me asking, how much was the car?

OP
OP

MidnightGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
No i get you. The fuel systems can vary greatly in what they include. That's why it would be best to talk to him.

Some companies list fuel kits, but they dont come with a controller so you have to wire both pumps running all the time, install a hobbs switch etc.
Thanks man, yeah. I'll definitely be talking before making a purchase!

if you don't mind me asking, how much was the car?
Well, I may have overpaid? $47,500 OTD -2020 401A, Performance Pack 1, A10 - took the 0% for 72mo over the rebates and got $1k off MSRP.
If I could have found a similarly equipped 2019 local to me, I would have bought it because you can get a much better deal on them right now, but I couldn't find one within 200 miles so I bit the bullet on the 2020.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Grats on the car! You can't go wrong with the Hellion Sleeper kit by the way, I had a 17 Hellion car that pulled freight trains. One suggestion I will offer is to make sure you pick up the ball bearing upgrade for the turbos. If you have any questions about this kit or want to see what kind of price I can get for you. Hit me up. Lethalperformance.com
Sponsored