Sponsored

**New from RPI Designs...2015 Ford Mustang Stealth Splash Guards Mud Flaps Kit**

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Test Mule
2015 Ford Mustang Stealth Splash Guards Mud Flaps Kit

UPDATE 5/5/2015 - We had customers ask us to "adjust" the front guards a bit, to make them stick out a little less and follow the body line more, we listened and adjusted the front set to fit the body line closer. If you have the originals and want to change them out for the new fronts, just send me an email, [email protected], include your order number. Thank you!

Hey guys,

You have been asking for splash guards. And we have been working diligently to produce them. They are just about ready to go. We are taking pre-orders, these will start to ship April 23, 2015. Get your order in to be the first in line.

No need to drill new holes. This four piece splash guard kit is designed to use existing holes and mounting locations on your 2015 Ford Mustang. These are often referred to as "no drill splash guards". This kit consists of four ABS plastic, impact resistant splash guards and mounting hardware.

The front splash guards will use "plastic push pins" and our special "U" bracket to install. The rear splash guards will use long metal screws to replace your existing factory inner fender liner screws.

The 2015 Ford Mustang rear mud guards will require you to remove your rear wheels for installation. The front guards can be installed with your wheels left on the car.

All hardware is included with these "no drilling required" splash guards.

Use coupon code "LANA5" at checkout to receive 5% off your order!

Available here:
http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5419

:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, I'll try and locate my order number for an updated front set :)
Finally got to ending you an email :)

Looking forward to the new upgraded set

Jaime

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
So we're just completely ignoring the post from sleepless on the very poor fitment?

I need a set of guards for the coming winter, but looks like these are not it with the complete lack of standing behind this product.

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
So we're just completely ignoring the post from sleepless on the very poor fitment?

I need a set of guards for the coming winter, but looks like these are not it with the complete lack of standing behind this product.
They have play....so you can adjust.

Sponsored

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
They have play....so you can adjust.
just received 4 of these sets the heavy duty ones.

1. They do not line up (the front ones) we haven't even tried the rear ones yet. The top part of the flaps is leaning inside towards the wheel well.

2. There is no such thing as play in them, so you simply can not adjust them, the plastic pins will either be damaged permanently or simply pop out.

3. The U clips for front ones won't fit

4. The most important the existing 2 bottom pins for the front ones, can never be reused, due to the extended space between the flaps and the liner in addition to the thickness of the splash guard. The pins can never be fully inserted and locked.

Didn't you guys test your products before start selling them and taking orders.

I have sent email and I have not received any response yet. I will appreciate, if you can respond back with a solution please.

Its not just 1 set, there are 4 of them all with same issue.

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
just received 4 of these sets the heavy duty ones.

1. They do not line up (the front ones) we haven't even tried the rear ones yet. The top part of the flaps is leaning inside towards the wheel well.

2. There is no such thing as play in them, so you simply can not adjust them, the plastic pins will either be damaged permanently or simply pop out.

3. The U clips for front ones won't fit

4. The most important the existing 2 bottom pins for the front ones, can never be reused, due to the extended space between the flaps and the liner in addition to the thickness of the splash guard. The pins can never be fully inserted and locked.

Didn't you guys test your products before start selling them and taking orders.

I have sent email and I have not received any response yet. I will appreciate, if you can respond back with a solution please.

Its not just 1 set, there are 4 of them all with same issue.

Customers complained about them sticking out too far so we moved them in.

We now have longer pins for the kits because of the problems customers were having with the thicker material. You must have gotten an earlier kit.

I had no problem installing the supplied u clips. They need to be tight to ensure a secure installation. If they are too tight you can use a screwdriver to open them up a little.

We have not received your email. Please give us a call at 888.257 8515 so we can get your information and send you some new pins.

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Customers complained about them sticking out too far so we moved them in.

We now have longer pins for the kits because of the problems customers were having with the thicker material. You must have gotten an earlier kit.

I had no problem installing the supplied u clips. They need to be tight to ensure a secure installation. If they are too tight you can use a screwdriver to open them up a little.

We have not received your email. Please give us a call at 888.257 8515 so we can get your information and send you some new pins.
Ok, well they were sticking out first and sticking too far in. What is the fix for not lining up?
If we received the earlier kit as you said, then shouldn't these be sticking out instead of leaning too far in?
If it's an earlier kit, then the Rear guards might also have same or similar issue which we haven't even tried yet. Also where do the screws for rear fasten into, as there are no fasteners, just spacers.
I can try to put up with U clip but will definitely need the longer clips for front to compensate for the thickness of guards and the gap/space between the liner and guard especially for the bottom two pins where the liner is recessed a bit which makes this gap even bigger.
Good to know you are ready to send some new PINs, I will PM you my details, phone call may not work due to time difference.
But would appreciate if you can also address the lining issue and advise where do we fasten the rear screws to.

Thanks

Sponsored

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, i was not able to attach pictures in PM as requested by you, so i am posting them here, there are for LHS wheel when sitting in car (RHS wheel if standing in front of car), the other side is even worse but the i couldn't take picture of the other side due to the way it was parked right now.

AS you can see in the pictures, the bottom PIN is not even pushed in and locked yet. If i try to do that, the guard leans further inwards.
Then even if i try to hold both the PINS or all three PINS with one hand and move the guard outwards, either the bottom pins pop out or the whole guard comes out.
The holes drilled in the guard are not lining up and there is no play to adjust.

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2642.jpg

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
Use coupon code LANA5 to save 5% off your order!

Ylwjkt23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have similar issues in that the front pushpins don't line up.
The 2 lower ones do but the top hole is off by about a half an inch.

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have similar issues in that the front pushpins don't line up.
The 2 lower ones do but the top hole is off by about a half an inch.
There is fix for that. If you are using stock pins at bottom then you will have to drill new hole at the top.
Or simply get new push pins with threads which will only lock the top hole.
The bottom ones won't be locked properly but will help you hold the flap in place and still leaving enough play to tilt the flap to be lined up with guard and clip it.
The bottom ones, even when they are not locked still hold in place due to the tilt as they are threaded and now secured to the edges of the bottom holes.

I used this method and it worked. The slash guard is so secured that only way to take it off is cut the head of the top push pin. So you can relax that it's not going to fall off.
Stock pins just won't work with these slash guards.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.