Sponsored

**New from RPI Designs...2015 Ford Mustang Stealth Splash Guards Mud Flaps Kit**

Status
Not open for further replies.

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Thanks for the update on install. I might do this myself. It would not be fun to have to mess with these down the line.

Although now we're approaching $60 for a very simple set of splash guards..
FWIW, I've not paid less than $130 for factory molded splash guards on any of the new cars I've bought over the last 20 years. If Ford came out with a molded design that attached to metal, I'd happily pay it again. However, with the additional attachment points I added, the RPI guards look good and are now secure enough to withstand nasty Iowa winters. :headbang:

Jim
Sponsored

whitestang5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This kit was so blotched together, rear spacers are a complete joke, you also need spacers and longer pins for the front.

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Test Mule
This kit was so blotched together, rear spacers are a complete joke, you also need spacers and longer pins for the front.
I don't know why you say this, I have them on my own 2015. We did change the front guards slightly for guys that said "they stuck out too far". It's opinions on what they should look like. Some guys loved them like they were, some wanted them to stick out less. So we moved the fronts in a bit, so that they do not stick out quite as much, should be a good compromise for the guys that liked the originals and those who did not.

:thumbsup:

whitestang5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think your missing the point, the pins are to short, there is also a gap between the fender and wheel well, I don't know if its on all cars, b/c I understand there were fitment issues. I like the way they look, just need improved hardware, the front pins on mine are not long enough, my fender liner is about a 1/8 lower than the fender liner on both sides. Did you use a different pin on your car?

I don't know why you say this, I have them on my own 2015. We did change the front guards slightly for guys that said "they stuck out too far". It's opinions on what they should look like. Some guys loved them like they were, some wanted them to stick out less. So we moved the fronts in a bit, so that they do not stick out quite as much, should be a good compromise for the guys that liked the originals and those who did not.

:thumbsup:

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Guard flavored
So I have a set of these for sale since RPI won't return my PM's. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them, never mounted, just was not impressed with the quality of them whatsoever.

Best offer takes them.
Rypkr did you ever get a reply on returns?

Sponsored

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
Rypkr did you ever get a reply on returns?
After 4 or 5 PM's over a couple weeks to member "RPI designs" he messaged back saying yes they'd return them. But never answered my question of details of how I should return them to ensure a refund.

Member "RPIDON" has been helpful though and provided me with the information needed for my return.

Thanks for asking.

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
ordered and worried about comment on above guys.

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
Just an FYI. The splash guards have been redesigned. Also if you need to reach us you can always email through the website www.rpidesigns.com or call 888-257-8515. We try to check the pm's regularly but do not always get right to them. If you do not get a reply within a day and need immediate assistance please call or email through the website. Thanks to everyone who has ordered. We sincerely appreciate the business!

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
Just an FYI. The splash guards have been redesigned. Also if you need to reach us you can always email through the website www.rpidesigns.com or call 888-257-8515. We try to check the pm's regularly but do not always get right to them. If you do not get a reply within a day and need immediate assistance please call or email through the website. Thanks to everyone who has ordered. We sincerely appreciate the business!
When did you redesign it?

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great to hear! It's awesome to see a company responding to the concerns of its customers. Can you share details on the redesign, what's changed?

Sponsored

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RPI, just sent you a PM.

I have an unopened set of splash guards. I'd like to know what has changed in the redesign and I'd like to exchange my current set for the new style if it fixes the installation problems.

I have emailed and called to no answer. Now i have PM'ed.

Please respond in some fashion.

I don't think this is an unreasonable request.

Thanks

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
RPI, just sent you a PM.

I have an unopened set of splash guards. I'd like to know what has changed in the redesign and I'd like to exchange my current set for the new style if it fixes the installation problems.

I have emailed and called to no answer. Now i have PM'ed.

Please respond in some fashion.

I don't think this is an unreasonable request.

Thanks
IF new design will fit on your car. please let me know.

OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
RPI Designs

RPI Designs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rpidesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
Great to hear! It's awesome to see a company responding to the concerns of its customers. Can you share details on the redesign, what's changed?
Some people didn't like the fronts, they said they stuck out too far, the top portion of them were too far out from the fender. So we adjusted them and the fronts now follow the body line closer and do not stick out as far towards the top. But you should not have problems with fitment with the set you purchased.

sleepless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some people didn't like the fronts, they said they stuck out too far, the top portion of them were too far out from the fender. So we adjusted them and the fronts now follow the body line closer and do not stick out as far towards the top. But you should not have problems with fitment with the set you purchased.
Actually I did have problems with fitment. The front guards are basically unusable without modification. Granted these are only $50, but as the first and only experience I have had with RPI, the fit and finish on this product leaves a lot to be desired.

I would not recommend this product and if this is representative of the thought that goes into design, I will not be buying products from RPI in the future. It is simply not acceptable to have to modify brand new parts.

Out of the box:
BRANDNEW.jpg

Drilled out the top hole for correct alignment:
DRILLED.jpg

Modified installation:
MODIFIED.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.