Sponsored

New exhaust has produced a rattle

TheDoctor66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Name: Sylvanas
I installed RTR Comp spec. They sound great, nice rumble at idle and good purr when normal driving. When you step on the loud pedal they scream like a banshee. I love them, I hate the goddam rattle that they have produced. It sounds like it is coming from the rear deck lid. I had a buddy ride around in the trunk and it wouldn't rattle. It only does it at certain RPM's. Has anyone else experienced this when installing axle-backs.
Sponsored

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
I think it is funny your buddy was in the trunk. I would check the clearance of the hangers etc, something has to be close?

OP
OP
TheDoctor66

TheDoctor66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Name: Sylvanas
I think it is funny your buddy was in the trunk. I would check the clearance of the hangers etc, something has to be close?
He is a good buddy. We had the seats folded down and he was in the back with his feet near the passenger seat. I was easy on the gas and brakes for him. It rattled last night too, so he'll be back in the trunk tonight.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Could be anything. Check for contact around the hangers, loose clamps, license plate frame, loose items in the trunk well.

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
How long have you had the system installed? I've had a rattle in mine (custom system & not RTR) that happened after about 7 months of being installed...turned out the x-pipe had cracked.

Sponsored

Orange_cru$h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO Premium Pkg 6A 3.15 18"
Check that the Hanger bolts are tight I had a rattle and it was one bolt on the hangers located near the bumper. Just tight them and you should be good to go.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Look at everything you touched....ie what everyone else is saying.....hanger clearance is a good start.

Also, maybe check for anything loose in the "spare tire" area.

Does it sound like its coming from outside the vehicle? Maybe one of the mufflers has an internal weld that is loose and will vibrate at only certain rpm (resonant frequency of that specific part).
Sponsored