Sponsored

New cold air kit from PMAS No tune required.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
What's the forum discount again? I can't remember what you told me a while back.
Sponsored

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We dropped the price to what the forum discount was. Kits are 299 and 399 now.
Very nice! I'm assuming the $299 is tun-required?

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
With the no tune kit we supply a specially calibrated O.E.M. sensor element. This sensor is installed into our maf housing and outputs the correct flow data to the computer. This is the same way FORD does it from the factory. With the tune required kit you install your factory sensor into our maf housing and we supply the correct maf transfer function. This way you can use this in your tune and use any type of tuner.
I looked through almost this whole thread for this one post.

MAF transfer function. Is this some type of programming, done via computer cables. Or just programming?

Just looking for more specifics. As I'm stuck on this kit or the air raid. Both for different reasons.

The air raid, because it's sealed off from the engine bay and draws in air from outside the vehicle. I can also install it without a tune.

I like the PMAS kit for the ability to flow and the tubing size. Plus it's easier on the pocket book for the tune required.

I'm glad I didn't waste my time sifting through the first 40 pages.

Sponsored

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
I looked through almost this whole thread for this one post.

MAF transfer function. Is this some type of programming, done via computer cables. Or just programming?

Just looking for more specifics. As I'm stuck on this kit or the air raid. Both for different reasons.

The air raid, because it's sealed off from the engine bay and draws in air from outside the vehicle. I can also install it without a tune.

I like the PMAS kit for the ability to flow and the tubing size. Plus it's easier on the pocket book for the tune required.

I'm glad I didn't waste my time sifting through the first 40 pages.
Every mass airflow sensor has what's called a maf transfer function. This is a table of output (hz or V) vs an airflow. It's the function used by the ecu to make calculations based on engine airflow. When you take a maf sensor out of the original intake and install it in a larger tube, it will require more airflow to get the same original output. This is why a tune is required with most good performing kits.
Some kits that don't require a tune either use OEM size tube or and OEM maf sized insert so the maf output is "close" to stock and they let fuel trims correct their errors. This way usually results in very little gain as you neck down the pipe size to make it run.

Since we manufacture mass air sensors we can calibrate the sensor to have the output of an OEM maf installed in the OEM air box, even though our maf is installed in a 120mm tube.

With our tune required kit we supply the correct transfer function that you will end up with when you install your factory maf into our 120mm tube.

This means you don't need to build a tune for our kit. You only swap the OEM maf transfer function with ours. We can do this because we have the correct equipment to extract the exact maf transfer function for a given maf system. We provide this data to FORD, Roush, Whipple, EPA, and a bunch of others.

This also means you can take your existing tune and just change the maf transfer function for our kit to work with your tune.

All the other cold air companies that require a tune spend hours on the dyno tuning and guessing what they think the maf transfer function is for their kit.

Temps.. We see about 2-3 degrees over outside air at 65mph and about 10 over at 25mph. We have tested this for years and an increase in flow ALWAYS makes more power than a more restrictive system that attempts to pull all the air twice as far away because it's cooler. Our kit picked up 20WHP in a room on a dyno sitting on one place with a fan on the front of the car. I assure you it makes more with the car actually moving down the street.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Every mass airflow sensor has what's called a maf transfer function. This is a table of output (hz or V) vs an airflow. It's the function used by the ecu to make calculations based on engine airflow. When you take a maf sensor out of the original intake and install it in a larger tube, it will require more airflow to get the same original output. This is why a tune is required with most good performing kits.
Some kits that don't require a tune either use OEM size tube or and OEM maf sized insert so the maf output is "close" to stock and they let fuel trims correct their errors. This way usually results in very little gain as you neck down the pipe size to make it run.

Since we manufacture mass air sensors we can calibrate the sensor to have the output of an OEM maf installed in the OEM air box, even though our maf is installed in a 120mm tube.

With our tune required kit we supply the correct transfer function that you will end up with when you install your factory maf into our 120mm tube.

This means you don't need to build a tune for our kit. You only swap the OEM maf transfer function with ours. We can do this because we have the correct equipment to extract the exact maf transfer function for a given maf system. We provide this data to FORD, Roush, Whipple, EPA, and a bunch of others.

This also means you can take your existing tune and just change the maf transfer function for our kit to work with your tune.

All the other cold air companies that require a tune spend hours on the dyno tuning and guessing what they think the maf transfer function is for their kit.

Temps.. We see about 2-3 degrees over outside air at 65mph and about 10 over at 25mph. We have tested this for years and an increase in flow ALWAYS makes more power than a more restrictive system that attempts to pull all the air twice as far away because it's cooler. Our kit picked up 20WHP in a room on a dyno sitting on one place with a fan on the front of the car. I assure you it makes more with the car actually moving down the street.
Thank you for the prompt response.

So in simple terms, buy your tune required intake, drop my stock MAF sensor in and tell my tuner, let's say Lund what I have and I should be able to upload their tune without issue?

I'm just making sure I'm following along properly.

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Thank you for the prompt response.

So in simple terms, buy your tune required intake, drop my stock MAF sensor in and tell my tuner, let's say Lund what I have and I should be able to upload their tune without issue?

I'm just making sure I'm following along properly.
You got it!

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have y'all done any testing with larger TBs or intake manifolds?
I was wondering the same. It'd be awesome to see this paired up with the CJ or GT350 intake mani.

Sponsored
OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Not yet but the more power the car makes the higher the improvement will be replacing a restrictive intake.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
So has anyone installed one of thenew setups? I just did both the new elbow and the new maf... looks great, but one problem... the inlet air temp doesnt work! I had such high hopes too.

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Is this a flash or no flash kit? Both kits use an oem maf so there shouldn't be any issues with IAT?

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Its the no tune required kit.