Sponsored

New cold air kit from PMAS No tune required.

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Comp Orange. 65 Fastback ,T5, 302
Interesting. Now I wonder what the numbers would be if you systematically changed out intake parts individually from stock so you could see what the actual limiting factors are with the stock intake setup?
Sponsored

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Interesting. Now I wonder what the numbers would be if you systematically changed out intake parts individually from stock so you could see what the actual limiting factors are with the stock intake setup?
Air takes the path of least residence, so any little molded ridge or jagged edge will create the slightest bit of hinderance in flow. The stock airtube has that flex piece so that is a start (all of the jagged edges), I'm not quite sure where or what else in the tube or Airbox hinders flow but I'm sure there are quite a bit of things due to the need to be able to mass produce these things fast on fords part. The PMAS reps would be able to answer this question more accurately than myself

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Air takes the path of least residence, so any little molded ridge or jagged edge will create the slightest bit of hinderance in flow. The stock airtube has that flex piece so that is a start (all of the jagged edges), I'm not quite sure where or what else in the tube or Airbox hinders flow but I'm sure there are quite a bit of things due to the need to be able to mass produce these things fast on fords part. The PMAS reps would be able to answer this question more accurately than myself
This, particularly the bold.

Years ago in college I did some flowbench testing of various intake tubes and air cleaners, and the 'accordion'/flex portion of an intake tract was always a culprit when it came to restriction. My guess is that the raised portions internally set up a boundary layer of airflow along the section of flexible tube, effectively restricting flow to a degree.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Oh trust me there is LOTS in the upper and lower parts of the airbox to hinder the air flow.. I had to cut it all out! lol

michigan stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
65 coupe, 2015 gt pp stg 2 procharged
Hi everyone. My car was used to develop this kit. First let me say I see no reason what so ever that other cars will see the same results. Car is stock other than ford resonator delete that I dont care for, to raspy. I am not a dyno operator or super tech but did spend 24 years as a tool maker so I do have some wrenching skill. Dyno pulls were performed by a very skilled and respected dyno shop. First off impressions is that it is very large and looks very good and in your face in person. It is a tight fit at elbow but when adjusted fits and clears hood. Mass air meter is a work of art and allows lots of room to grow. Driving impressions. I believe throttle response improved, Can hear the motor more, I have removed sound tube. Real seat of the pants improvement from 4000 rpm and above. Car idles and drives perfect. In my opinion this kit is for the real car guy that values real performance. 100% confident this will perform as stated. Did I say it is big. Now that I have said all this I do have to say that it is coming off as I have had a stage 2 procharger sitting in the garage for a month waiting to go on and can not wait any longer. Special thanks to Nick at P MAS. Everything turned out great.

Sponsored

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
sooooo the one that is on your car will be for sale as a used CAI?? LOL

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ill have a slightly use Steeda CAI for sale in a few weeks.

michigan stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
65 coupe, 2015 gt pp stg 2 procharged
Sorry, for some reason I want to keep the first Kit. Just thought it was kinda cool to have my car used to develop something for the mustang.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Good info Michigan! Thanks for being the test mule.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
PMAS do we have any final install pics of it with the heat shield and blue filter ;-p

Also a picture from a better angle like top down.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Thought I'd jump over to this thread.

3 questions for PMAS…

1. Were your dyno tests run with hood open or hood shut? Sorry I have to bring this up but with your design wanting to seal to the hood I need to compare apples to apples and I don't drive with the hood up.

2. Do you think it would be a good idea to open up the honeycombs in the grille in front of your intake to flow more air? In other words are those 4 holes in the grille a restriction or not? Would more holes be better for your setup?

3. Will you offer a warranty/limited warranty on the included MAF sensor included in the kit?

Thanks you have been great with your communication on the site here. :)

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple

2 questions for PMAS…

1. Were your dyno tests run with hood open or hood shut? Sorry I have to bring this up but with your design wanting to seal to the hood I need to compare apples to apples and I don't drive with the hood up.

2. Do you think it would be a good idea to open up the honeycombs in the grille in front of your intake to flow more air? In other words are those 4 holes in the grille a restriction or not? Would more holes be better for your setup?

Thanks you have been great with your communication on the site here. :)
Hood up but air temps were higher with pulls on our kit as the room was hotter by 10 degrees and the car wasn't moving for any of the tests. If anything temps into our filter would be higher because more air is being drawn from the engine compartment that way and not as much from the grill opening.

Yes, anything you can do to improve airflow will help flow and temps.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
PMAS do we have any final install pics of it with the heat shield and blue filter ;-p

Also a picture from a better angle like top down.
Ya I would be interested in seeing those too.

3 questions for PMAS…

this!.. I have been thinking about opening that inlet up as well. I cant see it hurting anything but if there is no intake box would there really be a purpose since that incoming air wouldn't really make it to the filter? I guess some "cooler" air would be better than none at all. I think that is the ONLY thing I don't like about this intake... lack of actual incoming cool air from outside the hot motor bay. Maybe it does use that air somehow and I just don't know it ??
Sponsored