Sponsored

New cold air kit from PMAS No tune required.

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Jamie, I just spent a few hours with the other kit that had the same problem as you. Moving the harness around I found that that there was a wire that was not completely soldered to the circuit board.. When the board would get heat soaked the connection would expand enough that it would lose contact. I will solder these personally from now on until I automate the process. If you still want to return your kit I completely understand. if not I can send you a replacement harness next day air today.

TO all I know I don't need to post all these details for the world to see but I would like everyone to know and understand the process of developing a new product. This way you can all have faith in your kits and understand that we will completely stand behind our product. The product is great.. we just had a few manufacturing glitches to smooth out. Please understand our kit is a lot more complicated than a plastic tube and an air filter like all the other kits.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
TO all I know I don't need to post all these details for the world to see but I would like everyone to know and understand the process of developing a new product. This way you can all have faith in your kits and understand that we will completely stand behind our product. The product is great.. we just had a few manufacturing glitches to smooth out. Please understand our kit is a lot more complicated than a plastic tube and an air filter like all the other kits.
:cheers::cheers::thumbsup:

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Jamie, I just spent a few hours with the other kit that had the same problem as you. Moving the harness around I found that that there was a wire that was not completely soldered to the circuit board.. When the board would get heat soaked the connection would expand enough that it would lose contact. I will solder these personally from now on until I automate the process. If you still want to return your kit I completely understand. if not I can send you a replacement harness next day air today.
Did the vehicle throw the mass air codes also? That'd be great I'm willing to give it another shot. But if it still fails to work correctly I'd like a refund, I think that's fair. Would you like me to PM you my work address to overnight it to?

Thank you for trying to help PMAS!

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Did the vehicle throw the mass air codes also? That'd be great I'm willing to give it another shot. But if it still fails to work correctly I'd like a refund, I think that's fair. Would you like me to PM you my work address to overnight it to?

Thank you for trying to help PMAS!
Yes, when it looses connection it acts like the maf was unplugged and it will throw a maf code.

Yes it's more than fair and no please email it to Kailey at [email protected]

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes, when it looses connection it acts like the maf was unplugged and it will throw a maf code.

Yes it's more than fair and no please email it to Kailey at [email protected]

Yep that was exactly the symptoms I was experiencing. I emailed Kailey my work address to overnight the harness to. Great customer service! :cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Yep that was exactly the symptoms I was experiencing. I emailed Kailey my work address to overnight the harness to. Great customer service! :cheers:
Thank you! :cheers:

If you can get the serial number from your maf flowsheet I can send the box pre-programmed so you don't have to.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
No problem, 15C01048 is the serial number

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
No problem, 15C01048 is the serial number
Hope it all works out for you.

Got to say what good service from PMAS.
Working in a manufacturing business myself, especially in new part introduction, their are always teething problems until enough time and resource is given to improve the manufacturing capability. It feels to me that PMAS is getting over this hump and producing the goods.

Can't wait to get my car and this will certainly be my first buy for it (unfortunately it won't be until next year... missed first allocation here in UK).

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Just FYI:

The harness that was included with the update parts was bad. IAT would read as ---

Worked with PMAS to test the temperature sensor in the tube to verify if it was that or the harness. They have a new harness on the way to me, no hassle.

I'm just using the new tube with the old harness for the time being.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm looking forward to trying the new harness out tomorrow

Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just received the new harness, thank you for your excellent customer service PMAS! I'll install it this evening and report back.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Unfortunately the harness didn't fix it, so I'd like to proceed with the refund. I emailed Kailey. Thanks for all yoir help PMAS , wish things would have been different.

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Unfortunately the harness didn't fix it, so I'd like to proceed with the refund. I emailed Kailey. Thanks for all yoir help PMAS , wish things would have been different.
That's really unfortunate as we tested it here and everything worked correctly. I will check everything when the kit comes back.

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Hey pmas, do you have the part number for the s&b filter? Im looking to see if they carry one in a different color, but i cant find the exact filter that came with the kit on their site.

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Hey pmas, do you have the part number for the s&b filter? Im looking to see if they carry one in a different color, but i cant find the exact filter that came with the kit on their site.
No we had them custom made for our maf. They won't have them listed. What color did you want?
Sponsored