New car with aftermarket system.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Well, JL amplifiers and as it looks a JL W6 sub and Mosconi DSP. Yes, that is some really good equipment.
I agree. Pay the money to have a pro look it. Not just anyone but someone who actually sells and installs Mosconi DSP's because this is likely where the system needs come configuring. Damn that's a nice install!!

Adding this: The previous owner likely never listened to the in dash system with such a high-end media player connected. There may not even be a connection from the OEM radio to the aftermarket system. The center speaker likely just left connected so the OEM system can sound off alerts and GPS directions. If you like listening to the radio then you will probably need the OEM head unit connected into the Mosconi DSP. Hopefully there are a couple of unused inputs to do this. Good luck and report back. We are all audio gear heads here.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The media player astella & kern when connected to the USB port worked only once with the sub and speakers other then that the sub or all the other speakers haven't worked smh.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Take it to a quality shop to have them check all the connections. You have a seriously bad-ass system that somebody who knows audio well, dropped a lot of money into. When you take it to the shop, ask them what all is installed, ie model numbers of speakers, amps, sub, etc, and then do some googling and I imagine you will have a big smile on your face afterward. :)

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
The media player astella & kern when connected to the USB port worked only once with the sub and speakers other then that the sub or all the other speakers haven't worked smh.
Just for information’s sake, are you able to move between DSP presets using the Mosconi DSP controller in front of the shifter?

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP
OP

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
That is why I am suggesting to have an installer check the connections. (Inputs into the Mosconi).
Yea thats one I am working on. 1 shop can't have me in until the 13th.. The shop that supposedly built it will not pick up the phone lol fml.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I understand. Is the shop that installed it close enough for a drive out to visit them? I've found that walking into the shop can result in much more help than calling. I know a lot of shops are having problems getting products delivered to them during this Covid times.

Yea thats one I am working on. 1 shop can't have me in until the 13th.. The shop that supposedly built it will not pick up the phone lol fml.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I understand. Is the shop that installed it close enough for a drive out to visit them? I've found that walking into the shop can result in much more help than calling. I know a lot of shops are having problems getting products delivered to them during this Covid times.
all audio shops are completely booked for like 2 months. people with stimulus money, buying all the car audio and installs I assume

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
That could be but people have to watch out because some shops are pushing what they have in stock and not necessarily what the patron wants.

all audio shops are completely booked for like 2 months. people with stimulus money, buying all the car audio and installs I assume

OP
OP

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Well went to the original installer. Yea I'm a retard when It comes to this stuff. It works

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
That is great to hear. Did he explain the high quality of the system you have.

Well went to the original installer. Yea I'm a retard when It comes to this stuff. It works

OP
OP

mustangflanagan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
That is great to hear. Did he explain the high quality of the system you have.
He showed me how to use the mosconi. Which is pretty cool.. One thing I gotta fig out is why the back of the sub box and back seat squeek everytime I drive and fig out what to do.

20210115_203539.jpg

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Probably rubbing on each other. Tight tolerances and such things...
Sponsored