Sponsored

New car time. What cars are you considering w/replacing your Mustang?

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Nissan GTR or nice used NSX.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Been looking around for a slightly used 4 door truck to

1. Haul all my damn kids
2. Haul my damn car to the track

Not a whole lot of luck because trucks seem to be made out of gold these days lol.
Might have to buy new as it seems like a better value with how inflated the truck
market is right now.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Yeah, the used truck market is crazy right now. My F150 is 5 years old and I could likely sell it for not too much less than I paid for it new.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Audi RS3. That turbo 5 cylinder and AWD is a damn rocket with basic bolt ons and a tune.
A coworker and friend has one of these, it's an amazing car. He let me drive it one time when we went out for lunch. It a lot of fun, fast and has a beautiful interior. It just goes when you hit the gas, where I have to be a little more careful with my car. I finally had some real world experience with all wheel vs. rear wheel drive cars. The downside, he got a nail in a tire that couldn't be repaired and ended up replacing all 4 tires when they had plenty of tread left.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm intrigued by what I've read about the upcoming Nissan 400Z. I like my 2015 GT, it's the 5th Mustang I've owned in my life (my first car was a 1965 Convertible). Every time I drive it, it still gives me a thrill and I fall in love with it all over again.

I've also owned a few Z cars over the years. The 370Z was a very close second to the Mustang when I bought it (if I had been able to find an ethical Nissan dealer willing to sell me a car without playing games, I may well have ended up with one). With a 400 hp twin-turbo engine, the performance is likely to be similar to a GT, but with better build quality and reliability than Ford can do.

In any event, it'll be fun to test drive (after Nissan dealers get over hyping the launch of the car with insane ADM's and other ridiculous games), and something to look forward to on the other side of this pandemic.

Nissan400Z.jpg
I had an 03 350z (the 1st year the Z came back), I loved that car. It was pretty quick, handling was amazing. I never felt like I would come close to pushing it to it's limits. The reliability was awesome, only requiring basic maintenance for wear and tear items. I owned the car for 9 years and did nothing other than basic maintenance (brakes, batteries, tires and oil changes). I've owned several cars over the years, the 350z was the only car I paid off and continued to drive. I traded it in because I thought it was starting to burn oil and figured it was going to start giving me problems, it had 186k miles on it by then. Turned out it was leaking oil from the value covers. I also wanted something with a back seat. I ended up getting a 2014 Maxima thinking my Z was awesome, so the Maxima should be a great car too. Boy was that a mistake, the transmission (CVT) blew up on me at 80k miles, I fixed it and within 1 month traded it in on the mustang I have now.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

When the Mustang goes it will not be replaced by another car.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I'm intrigued by what I've read about the upcoming Nissan 400Z. I like my 2015 GT, it's the 5th Mustang I've owned in my life (my first car was a 1965 Convertible). Every time I drive it, it still gives me a thrill and I fall in love with it all over again.

I've also owned a few Z cars over the years. The 370Z was a very close second to the Mustang when I bought it (if I had been able to find an ethical Nissan dealer willing to sell me a car without playing games, I may well have ended up with one). With a 400 hp twin-turbo engine, the performance is likely to be similar to a GT, but with better build quality and reliability than Ford can do.

In any event, it'll be fun to test drive (after Nissan dealers get over hyping the launch of the car with insane ADM's and other ridiculous games), and something to look forward to on the other side of this pandemic.

Nissan400Z.jpg
I may consider one as well. I was 95% sure I was going to get a Scat Pack of some sort, but I may end up waiting to check out the new Z if it comes out in 2021 and not 2022. The guys over on the Challenger forum think I'm crazy to cross shop them as they say are nothing alike. But to me it makes sense since I'm single. Its still a RWD sports car. Yeah, it won't have the V8 sound and maybe as much torque right off the line, but should be comparable in performance with better handling and gas mileage and should be a lot easier to get more power with mods being a turbo.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Care to elaborate? Do you have the power of levitation? Know the secrets of Astral projection? Have acces to teleportation technology? I need answers!
Flying carpet? Airplane? A drone? A billion ants?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Scat Pack Charger Wide-body and probably find it missing from my carport the next day. :p

Sponsored

Tukman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2020 pp2 Roush stage 2 Mustang GT/ 2019 Bullitt
Looking too replace my 17 gt with a 2020 gt pp2 stage 3 rousch supercharged mustang.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Back in 2012 I had rented a 2013 vert S197 for a week. My work had flown me to Montreal and they covered the car rental costs and the guy at Hertz was nice of enough to give me a Mustang. Ever since that experience I’ve always wanted a 2013/2014 V6 S197 MCA in silver with a mansmission. In August 2019 I found a 2014 model exactly like what I wanted and only had 12,945 kilometres on it, practically new and super low miles and no accidents. Cost of a new one is $34k and mine was $20k. It’s what I drive now. It has backup sensors but I would have preferred one with a navi and a backup camera but beggars can’t be choosers.

So I honestly don’t know what I’d buy after this as this is what I consider to be my dream car. A S550 GT or a new BRZ are the only things I’d consider if I sold the S197.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I'm going to check out the new BMW Z4 M40i, in the spring. It really seems like my kind of car. I just don't know if I can adjust to having no rear seat of any kind. The biggest attraction of my GT was it actually has a rear seat real people could sit in. I thought that would be a big hit with the grandkids, but it didn't work out that way. Riding in the rear seat of a convertible with the top down gets old pretty fast.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I may consider one as well. I was 95% sure I was going to get a Scat Pack of some sort, but I may end up waiting to check out the new Z if it comes out in 2021 and not 2022. The guys over on the Challenger forum think I'm crazy to cross shop them as they say are nothing alike. But to me it makes sense since I'm single. Its still a RWD sports car. Yeah, it won't have the V8 sound and maybe as much torque right off the line, but should be comparable in performance with better handling and gas mileage and should be a lot easier to get more power with mods being a turbo.
Hope it sells well cause it has a manual and a breath of fresh air over all the SUV cross over stuff going on.