Sponsored

New car time. What cars are you considering w/replacing your Mustang?

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
I wouldnt mind a M850i if I could afford it. I love GT cars for their cruising capabilities. I test drove a 2020 M850i and in comfort it is sublime but turn the dial to sport or sport + and the active suspension makes the car handle really well. Too bad it stickers at about 120K fully loaded.
Sponsored

bullitt2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Green
if you think a gtr is not going to perform well on a track because is heavy... you need to drive a gtr on a track so your brain can rewire itself on how something that feels so big and bulky, can be that fast and agile...

if you are gonna mod the shit out of the car, a cheap 2009, if you want the best of both worlds... comfort and performance, go for a 2013... now, if you want a nicer interior but not to concern about performance, +2017

the newer gtr are softer, less sharp than the old ones but a million times more comfortable for daily use and materials... but a couple minor suspension upgrades can fix the "less sharp" issue

2 bad things about a gtr for daily... the transmission is a little bit jerky when cold and the amount of male/fanboys attention you get...
I'm a female in a muscle car so I get that already :giggle:

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Someone actually said to my wife, "I didn't know chicks drove these". Asshole.
my wife's daily a newer wrx... over the weekends she can get either the sti or the mustang... and a lot of guys behave like idiots when they see her... they start revving, tailgating, etc... a few times she had to gap the shit out of them because they think the cars are stock or that she can't drive... specially the sti...

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I love my Mustang, so the list of cars in my price range that I'd replace it with is fairly short:

C7 Corvette Z06 (newer model, i.e., 2018-ish and up due to age of older ones) - by far my favorite of the bunch but by the time I replace my Mustang, even the '19s will be fairly old. My Mustang is 15 months old and I keep cars for quite a long time.
'20 Mustang Shelby GT500
C8 Corvette: This is the most likely replacement because I'm years away from getting rid of my Mustang. Hopefully, they'll have a more powerful version (i.e., ~550 hp) by that time, that isn't a Z06 (due to the much higher cost of a Z06 vs Stingray).
Maybe a '19-20 Shelby GT350. If they were offered with the A10 that would be higher on my list.
C6 Corvette ZR1, but that is debateable, due to the newest ones already being 7 years old and old tech. and outdated crash safety ratings
Way down the list is an Alpha Camaro ZL1. The 650 factory hp intrigues me, but the other stuff inherent with a C6 Camaro doesn't (ergonomics, trunk size, visibility, interior quality, etc.).

As much as I like the C7 Corvette Stingrays, I don't think I'd replace my Mustang with an LT1 powered Stingray as that engine is a downgrade from the Gen 3 Coyote, IMO.

The German performance variants (M4, RS5 coupe, AMGs, etc.) are nice, but for the price, I'd much rather have a C7 Z06.

Challenger Hellcats are cool, but I couldn't see myself buying one - while they are quick, they are comparatively slow for 707+ hp cars due to their weight. I also don't like the idea of a 4,500+ lbs two door coupe. I'd much rather have my car for the money.

Last edited:

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I did a 180 degree flip and went for something on the other side of the scale ! I hope I won't miss the power to much .....

Nice. Mazda always waits until I've already bought something to come out with good Miata colors. I'll probably end up back in a Miata when the time comes. Maybe I'll wrap it. I'm not interested in the Ford Truck company.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
i sold our miata NB a few months ago before buying the new wrx... the car wasn't fast at all... but it was sooooooooo fun to drive... after the coilovers and the new wheels/tires, that little thing was super hard to catch on a twisty road

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Tnx, I was lucky to get hold of the 30th. Only 45 cars in total in Sweden.

The color is really cool and with the matching interior details and brakes it really stands out. There are rumours about a 100th anniversary model maybe that one is in a cool color for you :D

Nice. Mazda always waits until I've already bought something to come out with good Miata colors. I'll probably end up back in a Miata when the time comes. Maybe I'll wrap it. I'm not interested in the Ford Truck company.

Reactions: nrc

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have coilovers sitting in the garage :).
I have forged wheels and will most likely be switching the tire for an r-compound or PS4S tires. Can't wait until April/May :D

i sold our miata NB a few months ago before buying the new wrx... the car wasn't fast at all... but it was sooooooooo fun to drive... after the coilovers and the new wheels/tires, that little thing was super hard to catch on a twisty road

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I have coilovers sitting in the garage :).
I have forged wheels and will most likely be switching the tire for an r-compound or PS4S tires. Can't wait until April/May :D
I changed my Z4 from Run Flat Potenzas to Michelin Pilot Sport 4s and it made a world of difference in the ride and handling. Highly recommend this for any driving enthusiast

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, had PS4S(275+305) tires on my Mustang. A really good tire

I changed my Z4 from Run Flat Potenzas to Michelin Pilot Sport 4s and it made a world of difference in the ride and handling. Highly recommend this for any driving enthusiast

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I noticed a new supra on sale for 47k, but it has over 3k miles on it and is a base with no options. They look pretty good, fast, should be easy to mod for more power and get decent mileage for a sports car. But they come pretty basic as far as options and the package to add heated seats and NAV and such is like 3k. Weird a car that MSRP of 50k doesn't have heated and cooled seats (which isn't even avail.) and heated steering wheel standard.

OP
OP
AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I purchased my 2016 Mustang GT brand new. 3 1/2 years and 75k miles later, I’ll be getting a new car in the next 4 months.

These are my two candidates.

2020 Camaro LT1 Convertible

upload_2019-9-25_12-11-24.jpeg

upload_2019-9-25_12-10-5.jpeg

2017 Mustang GT350 (low mileage - 10k miles)

upload_2019-9-25_12-13-39.jpeg

What vehicles are you considering with your next car purchase?
Hello,
I was a Camaro guy since 2016 (go back and forth with Mustang GT's) and had a 2016 and 2017 GT Vert.
My advice is buy the SS FOR SURE! It is $3,000 more (but really only $2,550 if you get 15% off the car) and it will handle better, look better and retain almost the entire $2,550 for the SS package.
YOU MUST BUY THE SWITCHABLE EXHAUST, at resale guys want it big time.

Bear

One year later, I finally sold the 2016 GT. 4 1/2 years and almost 90,000 miles later, I received $10k less from Carmax than what I paid for it brand new. Easily the best all around car experience for me.

I decided on a 2021 Camaro LT1 convertible. Did a custom build. Sitting at 4000 status, built w/VIN. Less than 2 weeks away from delivery. Built it to look exactly like the following car but as a convertible. Would have gone with an SS but went with the LT1 purely off looks. It’ll probably be one of the highest optioned LT1’s out there.

1605068595530.jpeg

For me, simply came down to wanting something new. Wouldn’t be surprised if I own a C8 or 7th gen Mustang in 2 years. Until then, I’ll be content with the Camaro. Also, the LT2 intake manifold does wonders for the LT1 where it pulls all the way to 7,000rpms with a flat curve.
Sponsored