Sponsored

New car time. What cars are you considering w/replacing your Mustang?

treecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6 speed manual, F-450 pickup, Jeep TJ. Dodge Ram Cummins diesel 2500
Another Mustang and a Trek 520.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I know most everything you guys will say to me and I've said it to myself as well... Except that I have two kids and with a catless exhaust my 160 miles a day commute was fucking awful. I would come home disoriented because of the exhaust drone and my kids and I smelled like all kinds of burnt oil and exhaust every time we got home driving the mustang. I had 331 whp and 379 lb-ft torque to the wheels, and guess how many times all that got used - once at the dyno, and once on the way to the mechanic to stock out my car when I finally did a 0-60 timed run using the track apps available.
That sounds like you went down pretty much the same path that a great many enthusiasts take. Except that you've got the stones to admit that said path didn't fit your individual usage very well, and for that you get props. Hopefully the next time around (assuming that there is one) you'll match your mods to your actual use a little better.

I hope for your sake that your Ioniq retains its range, long term, over the (great) many fairly deep-recharge cycles I see in its future.

Norm

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
That sounds like you went down pretty much the same path that a great many enthusiasts take. Except that you've got the stones to admit that said path didn't fit your individual usage very well, and for that you get props. Hopefully the next time around (assuming that there is one) you'll match your mods to your actual use a little better.

I hope for your sake that your Ioniq retains its range, long term, over the (great) many fairly deep-recharge cycles I see in its future.

Norm
Thanks, I try to be honest with myself and sometimes the truth just sucks. In the meantime for what I'my using it for - the Ioniq is ideal but a little short on range, I would be a lot happier if I didn't have to charge outside of my house. The battery seems to have a lifetime warranty so we will see about that there. Hopefully I won't be driving it for a lifetime as my primary means of transportation, but for now it's what I need.

The car did frusturate me yesterday when it skidded like 7 feet instead of stopping in a puddle. I really really dislike the FWD part of things as well. But for commuting driving kids around its the right tool for the job.

texaswrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MAGNETIC
I was at my dealer last week waiting for them to install my replacement driver side sun visor and took this picture.
My driver side visor fell off last year

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The car did frusturate me yesterday when it skidded like 7 feet instead of stopping in a puddle. I really really dislike the FWD part of things as well. But for commuting driving kids around its the right tool for the job.
You could probably fix that issue with tires a couple steps higher on the performance ladder, except that doing so would most likely entail a range penalty (I have no idea how much).

Norm

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If I am not in a mustang I am in a vette.......... I have a style that I like in cars and my stang and the Z06 have similarities

13923276_10154309965085450_4284019348011153635_o.jpg
Nice curves and a big ole booty?!

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
My '18 GT will not be replaced anytime in the future, but my next new daily will be a new Subaru. Build quality is becoming more important to me now after several new Ford's.

Nutthong001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium
I bought my GT Stang PP pack in 2017, it will be a while until I am getting a new car. When I do it will be an R35 GTR or an BMW M4.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I wont be replacing my 19 Mustang...probably ever but if I did I would look at the Lexus RCF

Sponsored

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
We are going Monday to see if we can swing a deal on this 2018 RAM Laramie. It will make my wife very happy and you know what they say about happy wife...... :)

upload_2019-10-25_10-13-58.jpeg

bullitt2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Green
Not for a daily, but would love an Alfa Romeo 4C as a track/autocross/weekend car :rockon:

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My '18 GT will not be replaced anytime in the future, but my next new daily will be a new Subaru. Build quality is becoming more important to me now after several new Ford's.
You're delusional if you think Subaru and build quality go into the same sentence.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
You're delusional if you think Subaru and build quality go into the same sentence.
My girlfriend has an older Subie, the things built like a tank and hasn't given her a second worth of issues....but back to your comment for a second....you're not the first person that's called me delusional lately. LOL!

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My girlfriend has an older Subie, the things built like a tank and hasn't given her a second worth of issues....but back to your comment for a second....you're not the first person that's called me delusional lately. LOL!
i had nothing but problems. And most everyone around here has had nothing but problems. It was even reported that subaru quality has tanked in the last few years. I just can't consider them as an option anymore.
Sponsored