Sponsored

New car time. What cars are you considering w/replacing your Mustang?

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I got an MX-5 30th anniversary which I posted a couple pages back.

I also did get this as my DD
Love the color. I'm still trying to decide what the replace my Mustang with. I'm leaning towards a Scat Pack in the new Sinamon Stick color, but undecided on trim though. Most likely the 1320 or widebody. The 400z is probably my 2nd pick and then the mach 1, but looks like it will be too pricey.
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Love the color. I'm still trying to decide what the replace my Mustang with. I'm leaning towards a Scat Pack in the new Sinamon Stick color, but undecided on trim though. Most likely the 1320 or widebody. The 400z is probably my 2nd pick and then the mach 1, but looks like it will be too pricey.
I was 1 day away from putting the ink on the paper for a Mach 1 but I changed my mind. Will wait for the S650 and see what it bring.

It sure is! it is a color with many "faces"

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I don't think I'll be replacing the Mustang (intentionally) any time soon. If I get another sports car it'll be a "3rd car", something like a Caterham.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I’m back to building RAM 1500’s on the website. A great friend picked up a bighorn last week and it’s really pushed me to wanting one again. But 70k on a truck.... that’s used AMG GT-R money lol

Sponsored

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
I'm going to enjoy both of my vehicles for a few more years. No new mods planned other than redoing the seats in Leather on the F150. My philosophy is its very easy to fall into the trap of over-modding a car and creating something that becomes unbalanced, unruly or a "one pull wonder".

In a few years it will eventually be replaced by a 911 or C8 Z06 (or both depending how things go).

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm intrigued by what I've read about the upcoming Nissan 400Z. I like my 2015 GT, it's the 5th Mustang I've owned in my life (my first car was a 1965 Convertible). Every time I drive it, it still gives me a thrill and I fall in love with it all over again.

I've also owned a few Z cars over the years. The 370Z was a very close second to the Mustang when I bought it (if I had been able to find an ethical Nissan dealer willing to sell me a car without playing games, I may well have ended up with one). With a 400 hp twin-turbo engine, the performance is likely to be similar to a GT, but with better build quality and reliability than Ford can do.

In any event, it'll be fun to test drive (after Nissan dealers get over hyping the launch of the car with insane ADM's and other ridiculous games), and something to look forward to on the other side of this pandemic.

Nissan400Z.jpg

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I’m back to building RAM 1500’s on the website. A great friend picked up a bighorn last week and it’s really pushed me to wanting one again. But 70k on a truck.... that’s used AMG GT-R money lol
While I believe strongly you should buy what you want, I also should point out I have had nothing but issues with my Ram 2500. Granted, not the same truck, but a boat load of shared components for sure. It was conveniently fine until just outside the Lemon Law time frame.... After this, I'll never buy another FCA product again until they're under different ownership or somehow make some amazing, ground-breaking stride in customer service and reliability.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
The ram 2500 with the cummins is a great engine with a crappy truck built around it. I'd really avoid any FCA products if at all possible.

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
Currently have my 2019 GT350 and a 2016 F150 XLT SCREW. Not looking to make any changes right now, but I do have to admit to looking at the Rivian. It is just a smart looking truck with a lot of tech and performance without being overly "Telsa-ed". Maybe someday. Definitely want to see some real world reviews and do a test drive first!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm intrigued by what I've read about the upcoming Nissan 400Z. I like my 2015 GT, it's the 5th Mustang I've owned in my life (my first car was a 1965 Convertible). Every time I drive it, it still gives me a thrill and I fall in love with it all over again.

I've also owned a few Z cars over the years. The 370Z was a very close second to the Mustang when I bought it (if I had been able to find an ethical Nissan dealer willing to sell me a car without playing games, I may well have ended up with one). With a 400 hp twin-turbo engine, the performance is likely to be similar to a GT, but with better build quality and reliability than Ford can do.

In any event, it'll be fun to test drive (after Nissan dealers get over hyping the launch of the car with insane ADM's and other ridiculous games), and something to look forward to on the other side of this pandemic.

Nissan400Z.jpg
I'm interested to see what the new Z brings to the table. I've always had Mustangs for the most part, but considered a 370Z for something different when I bought my '15. I like everything we know so far about the 400Z, and really like the styling.

While I believe strongly you should buy what you want, I also should point out I have had nothing but issues with my Ram 2500. Granted, not the same truck, but a boat load of shared components for sure. It was conveniently fine until just outside the Lemon Law time frame.... After this, I'll never buy another FCA product again until they're under different ownership or somehow make some amazing, ground-breaking stride in customer service and reliability.
Yes. After the lemony-scented debacles that were my '12 and '13 Jeep Wranglers, I have no plans of owning another FCA product for the foreseeable future......

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The ram 2500 with the cummins is a great engine with a crappy truck built around it. I'd really avoid any FCA products if at all possible.
Eh, hate to disagree, but my turbo went out at 12,000 miles and it's had a rear main seal leak since 35,000 miles. The dealer will fix the rear main seal, but said it's the same part from Cummins and it's a known issue that Cummins won't issue a bulletin on so the leak may persist. The transmission behind the Cummins went out at 45,000 miles. Not a Cummins part, but they should have questioned FCA harder about what transmission they planned on bolting to their engine I would think.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Need something with a tow bar to pull the caravan. Currently considering Volvo XC70, BMW X5 both round 2014-2015
Very tempted by Range Rover vogue sdv8 4.4 round 2011 but very reluctant to experience the famous land rover reliability.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my '19 GT in May so I'll see what's out there in a few years. A used Cayman S is a possibility. I don't mind going down some in power for a lighter car that's fun to drive. Or maybe I'll want to go the other direction to an SUV that hauls ass. But I doubt it.
Sponsored