tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
HI Guys,

I recently made my down payment on a C8 and the dealer called today and said they have an open allocation and I can order next week! They said it will take about 10 weeks. The problem is that will be mid-winter in Wisconsin where they use salt and brine on the roads like crazy! I know a lot of you might think I'm just being anal, but I really don't want my new $80,000 car being hauled on an open trailer through the salt, slush, and snow. I thought about taking delivery at the Corvette museum and renting an enclosed trailer and hauling it back myself. Any ideas on how to solve my dilemma? Any constructive ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
--Tom
Sponsored

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I can’t think of any ideas besides the one you suggested about picking it up yourself in an enclosed trailer. Maybe contact the dealer with your concerns and see what they could do? But regardless if you wash your car upon delivery I think the salt will be of no harm! It’s just when it sits on the car for long periods of time that it becomes an issue.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Ten weeks will be mid January. If you can stand to wait have it delivered in March or April. Much will depend if you would be driving in the Jan to March time frame. If it would be parked anyway and you can stand to wait???

Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Museum delivery if you can swing it.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Just pick it up on a day the roads are dry.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
HI Guys,

I recently made my down payment on a C8 and the dealer called today and said they have an open allocation and I can order next week! They said it will take about 10 weeks. The problem is that will be mid-winter in Wisconsin where they use salt and brine on the roads like crazy! I know a lot of you might think I'm just being anal, but I really don't want my new $80,000 car being hauled on an open trailer through the salt, slush, and snow. I thought about taking delivery at the Corvette museum and renting an enclosed trailer and hauling it back myself. Any ideas on how to solve my dilemma? Any constructive ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
--Tom
You don't have to worry about the body corroding, and isn't the frame made of aluminum? And - aren't C8s completely sealed up w/ wrap during transport?

Dude, you need to find a real problem to worry about.

That said - congrats on getting the American Ferrari.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd get the car normal delivery and then wash it well afterwards. It's going to be exposed to salt and weather when it comes out of the manufacturing facility anyway. They don't store the finished vehicles indoors at any point.

Get it up in the air and thoroughly wash it underneath and everywhere. It will be fun getting acquianted with your new vehicle that way.

Edit: this is time to start right away getting in the habit of treating it like a car rather than a trophy or piece of art. Drive it and have fun. Don't preserve it for the next guy to have fun with it.

Last edited:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
It will be fine. It is difficult getting those cars, so if you can custom order it, do it!
Sponsored