Sponsored

NEW C8 ZO6 has 5.5 Flat Plane V8 and 9000RPM Redline

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Those in the know....know there are a few high-volume Corvette dealers that never charge over MSRP :) I'm a car guy and can appreciate what the different manufacturers have to offer.

I'm in wait-and-see mode for the C8 Z06.

First off, how much do you think a new Z06 will cost will with ADM :wink:

Second, the Blackwing got canned because GM is apparently allergic to success, and hates spending money on their brands. Some executive looked up from their pile of government funded cocaine and hookers just long enough to realize that Cadillac of all all brands was doing something worthwhile.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hmmm, I'm guessing we forget the ADM on the Shelby. There are always some people that will pay it and those of us that won't; unfortunately, that means some will not get the Shelby or any car that charges more than MSRP, including myself.

Yeah, I suppose ADM exists and people are stupid enough to pay it. I don't get why though, never in my life would I give a dealer free money for my impatience. Or for anything for that matter. Dealers can suck Mary's wiener lol

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Sure, but I'd personally wait for them to sort out their 1st-model-year/1st-mid-engine-car teething problems before even considering getting one. Honestly, for the money (that the Z06 will cost retail), I'd rather just buy a Viper. There's a 10 second gap at Laguna Seca between the C8 and an ACR that I don't see more power being able to make up.
Yeah the difference between Viper ACR and base C8 Z51 absolutely does not come from 150+ hp, semi slicks and all the track aligned components 🤷‍♂️

On Lightning Lap even the C7 Z06 was on par with the Viper ACR.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah the difference between Viper ACR and base C8 Z51 absolutely does not come from 150+ hp, semi slicks and all the track aligned components 🤷‍♂️

On Lightning Lap even the C7 Z06 was on par with the Viper ACR.
The ACR is also a wooden wagon in disguise compared to the Corvette, so it goes without saying that it's sad that the Corvette gets whooped so badly. C7 Z06 is an exception only because on most tracks, the boosted torque curve is more advantageous for keeping speeds high. And it comes with some equally cheaty tires stock.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Hmmm, I'm guessing we forget the ADM on the Shelby. There are always some people that will pay it and those of us that won't; unfortunately, that means some will not get the Shelby or any car that charges more than MSRP, including myself.
Paid MSRP for mine.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Those in the know....know there are a few high-volume Corvette dealers that never charge over MSRP :) I'm a car guy and can appreciate what the different manufacturers have to offer.

I'm in wait-and-see mode for the C8 Z06.
Criswell Chevrolet in MD ( https://www.criswellcorvette.com/mike-furman ) I've bought several from Mike. A totally stand up guy. If I were to ever buy a C8, he would be my # 1 choice. He ships all over the US. Also, Classic Chevy in Grapevine TX and, MacMulkin Chevrolet in NH

Last edited:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
The C8 race cars use a 5.5L FPC V8. There have been videos with prototypes running around with an exotic-sounding engine. I don't believe it's fake news at all.

I think it would be exceedingly cool to own the two American-produced FPC performance cars at once - the S550 Mustang Shelby GT350 and the C8 Corvette Z06.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I'm not disputing what the race cars are using. And, I would love to see it in the Z06. Having owned an unending number of Corvettes since the mid 60's, until I see the official announcement from either Tadge or Harlan, I take what the pulp rags regurgitate with a grain of salt.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The C8 isn't ugly. It just like nothing. They made a mid-engine blah. At a glance, from a distance, etc, it looks like every other mid-engine car. It has no fire, no energy, no nothing. The only distinguishing feature is the rear end that far too closely resembles the Camaro.
The only color I like the C8s in that I've seen in person is black. It hides all the unnecessary and incoherent body lines the car has.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
because GM is apparently allergic to success
you can't get a tax-payer bailout to compensate the preposterous Union demands unless you go bankrupt. The last one was cake, so of course doing it a second time is gonna be magic.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I'm not disputing what the race cars are using. And, I would love to see it in the Z06. Having owned an unending number of Corvettes since the mid 60's, until I see the official announcement from either Tadge or Harlan, I take what the pulp rags regurgitate with a grain of salt.
Similar to this forum, there are various Corvette forums where people are talking about not if but when the announcement will be made. A number of those folks have been providing hints about this for almost a year now. Not that you can believe everything on the Internet, but some of the folks are decently connected, similar to what we see here in this forum from those who bring us Ford Mustang advance speculation and news.

The videos of the prototypes using the street car version body that have been around for awhile have me convinced :)

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
There's a 10 second gap at Laguna Seca between the C8 and an ACR that I don't see more power being able to make up.
To be fair, the ACR has a big advantage in braking, tire, aero and power compared to a base C8.

All of those should be addressed with a track focused C8Z and that gap will forsure shrink considerably.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Considering what a base with Z51 can do, the Z06 is going to be crazy.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I agree 100 percent. I bought from MacMulkin but would not hesitate to buy from Mike at Criswell or Rick at Coughlin in OH.

Criswell Chevrolet in MD ( https://www.criswellcorvette.com/mike-furman ) I've bought several from Mike. A totally stand up guy. If I were to ever buy a C8, he would be my # 1 choice. He ships all over the US. Also, Classic Chevy in Grapevine TX and, MacMulkin Chevrolet in NH
Sponsored