NEW C8 ZO6 has 5.5 Flat Plane V8 and 9000RPM Redline

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
What do you guys think? My dad sent to me a little bit ago. I called fake news, but seems legit.

definitely a shot at the gt350

gonna be a fast ride.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
That has been tossed around on the Corvette Forum for some time now. Still speculation.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Again, the mags have one objective ................... Sell advertising ! Till I hear it directly from either Harlen Charles or Tadg Juncter, it is all hearsay.

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Again, the mags have one objective ................... Sell advertising ! Till I hear it directly from either Harlen Charles or Tadg Juncter, it is all hearsay.
fair enough.

I couldnā€™t imagine it at 9000rpm, I foresee lots of issues getting it that high.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hangman77

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
Iā€™ve run with those c8ā€™s at the track. They can hold their own with a drop in LS motor in it now. If they pick up more power with that setup and keep the balance they have it will be a performer for sure. Only time will tell.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Having owned 15 Corvettes including 3 Z06's, I will never own another one. To me, it looks like a distressed lemon drop on wheels. I do not trust GM to get it right. The C8 is going to be a one hit wonder. Mary Barra has already made that obvious. She is enthralled with EV's.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sure, but I'd personally wait for them to sort out their 1st-model-year/1st-mid-engine-car teething problems before even considering getting one. Honestly, for the money (that the Z06 will cost retail), I'd rather just buy a Viper. There's a 10 second gap at Laguna Seca between the C8 and an ACR that I don't see more power being able to make up.

The Viper is a Fred Flintstone 8.4 liter FR manual transmission car that the vaunted mid-engine DCT "Ferrari-killer" can't even match (on one particular track I really like...). If I were in the market for a track toy, I'd want the best (American) track toy. But, alas, my heart belongs to the streets. I'll just have to content myself with upgrading my lowly GT.
5th gen vipers keep appreciating though. Good luck finding an ACR for less than 120k..

I hope this rumor is true, but at the same time it's very "non GM". But on that same coin they already threw a billion at the C8 's development, so what's another few million for a clean sheet engine design for a niche product? They've done it before too with the blackwing engine which was put in a few hundred cars. Then it was canceled for no reason.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I double dare yah to post that on the C8 forum board. :rockon:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
First off, how much do you think a new Z06 will cost will with ADM :wink:

Second, the Blackwing got canned because GM is apparently allergic to success, and hates spending money on their brands. Some executive looked up from their pile of government funded cocaine and hookers just long enough to realize that Cadillac of all all brands was doing something worthwhile.
Yeah, I suppose ADM exists and people are stupid enough to pay it. I don't get why though, never in my life would I give a dealer free money for my impatience. Or for anything for that matter. Dealers can suck Mary's wiener lol