Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Correct in EU we measure at the crank, which means tuner cars are put on a (often inaccurate) dyno to measure at the wheels, then minus a percentage of approx 15% (but this may vary to make the numbers look better) to account for drive train losses. The resulting figure is then usually rounded up to something a bit more impressive and presented as fact.
If the car is strapped to a rolling road dyno then torque is measured at the wheels and the wheel power is calculated from those readings. The crank figure is then worked out using coast down losses or a straight percentage transmission loss. Crank torque is only measured if the engine taken out and strapped to an engine dyno.

The reason dyno figures vary so much is because dyno operators add in correction factors to inflate the power figures to show how much extra power the customer got after buying products.

It's a big argument all over the car and bike world and we won't solve it here. UK measures at the wheels fyi
Sponsored

OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
This is why I feel that unless it's a PORTED intake the OP was ripped off. There was ZERO reason to swap it other than the tuner wanting to get money out of him.
Let me quickly repeat myself.
The challenge here in Germany is to develop a setup, that delivers more torque/power AND AT THE SAME TIME stays within the limits regarding sound/noise and emissions. And emissions mean ALL emissions (CO / CO2 / NOx / whatthefckever).
The particle filter, that is required here, makes it absolutely impossible to compare tuning activites between the US and Germany.

I know, that all (serious) tuners (and there are only 5 or 6 for Mustangs) in Germany tried out all sorts of setups to come up with a legal possibility to get around/above 500 hp (crank). Currently there is no (pricewise comparable) alternative.

Jörg

R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH
Ich bin ein bischen neidisch :cool:

MIa San Mia ;-)

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If I remember the EU version of the Bullitt has 3.55 rear right? that would likely help it more. I remember seeing a tuned UUS spec Bullitt do 170 on a dyno and starting to run out of steam, grant it that's 0 wind resistance, but 186 isn't very much harder than that, considering the gearing change.

OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
If I remember the EU version of the Bullitt has 3.55 rear right? that would likely help it more. I remember seeing a tuned UUS spec Bullitt do 170 on a dyno and starting to run out of steam, grant it that's 0 wind resistance, but 186 isn't very much harder than that, considering the gearing change.
Yes, 3.55 differential.
The top speed was in 5th gear, in the long video I was in 6th gear for a short time, but that lost speed.

Jörg

Last edited:

Sponsored

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Very nice presentation. Kudos to the OP for taking the time to share. I t makes me jealous to see such fine road conditions and sparse traffic to allow un-goverened speed.

My thoughts are that simply removing the speed limiter with tune greatly enables the speeds at which you were traveling. The fine tuning and increase in air flow extenuates the results.

Please ignore the cynicism of some of our local members as I am sure jealousy abounds. We do not have any "no speed limit" public roads in the USA.

Be safe Jomo. and thanks I loved watching the clips.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
+1 not that hard to believe if you actually watch the video, it takes forever to get there. In my young and dumb days i was able to get a 220whp civic to 158 so i don’t find this hard to believe at all with double the power.