Sponsored

ArtieTheOneManParty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
To me, it certainly didn't "looK" that fast, as far as passing vehicles, the white dotted lines, etc. That being said, I have never personally driven over 145 (car or bike), and I've only seen about 120 in my GT for a short period of time. I'm not calling bullshit, just giving my opinion. I wish I could do that around here!
Sponsored

OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
To me, it certainly didn't "looK" that fast, as far as passing vehicles, the white dotted lines, etc. That being said, I have never personally driven over 145 (car or bike), and I've only seen about 120 in my GT for a short period of time. I'm not calling bullshit, just giving my opinion. I wish I could do that around here!
Hey, that's actually a really funny idea 😊 counting the stripes and poles 😁
In Germany the white stripes on the Autobahn have 6 meters, the space between is 12 meters. 🤪 and the small white poles right from the track have 50 meters distance from each other 🤘😎

Just as a side note, I have absolutely no reason to bs here ❤

Jörg

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Hi,

it has been a while, since i postet something here. In between I sold my 2015 Ecoboost after 105000 kilometers and bought myself an 2020 Bullitt here in Germany.

The following modifications were applied:

bullitt.jpg

JLT cold air intake
Intake bridge (corrected translation: Intake manifold) of the 2018+ Facelift.
Adapted software.

The result is an output of a bit more than 500 hp and around 440 ft lb of torque.
The increase in torque at low rpm is more impressive than the increase in hp.
(You need to understand that in Europe the Mustang comes with a bit less power and torque than the US models to stay in european emission limits)

Last weekend was the day I tested the result on the german autobahn with no speed limit. It was a public holiday, so no trucks were allowed and due to corona restrictions there were only a very limited number of cars on the autobahn.
With 44°F at 7 am in the morning, the conditions were perfect.

First video: (short, showing rpm, speed in kmh measured by the GPS sensor of the camera, and height above sea level)

Second video: looong and a bit boring, but nevertheless... (showing speed in kmh measured by the GPS sensor of the camera, and height above sea level)

At both video the speed was limited to exactly 300 kmh (186mph) on the speedometer. The GPS reading was a bit below that.

I loved it ;-)

Cheers, Jörg
Wie geht's dir, Bruder. I am so envious. Wish we had autobahns and days that they didn't allow trucks on them. But here in the US we're told how fast, and Gott in Himmel, we can't have the trucks off the road. As my high school German teacher was always saying to me, "Das ist aber schade."

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The Iintake manifold of the "ordinary" GT (later than 2018) is actually better than the one from the GT 350.

"They say" this is the optimal air intake.
I feel like you kind of got scammed on that it. Quite a few places have done intake manifold tests, and while in many of them the 2018+ is a bit better on average (by like 5hp) the GT350 manifold is better on the top end high RPM revving out to say 8,000, which is what you want then you're tuned and doing high speed runs. The GT350 does flow better than the 18+ GT. Now if you moved to a PORTED GT intake that may be worth your money, but just the intake swap alone is really just pointless.

A good tune BY IT SELF will put you over 500hp crank. You didn't need a manifold or intake tube. In fact a should tune should have you more like 530-550 Crank on premium fuel. You're definitely not going to get 500 wheel unless you also have headers or e85.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
I feel like you kind of got scammed on that it. Quite a few places have done intake manifold tests, and while in many of them the 2018+ is a bit better on average (by like 5hp) the GT350 manifold is better on the top end high RPM revving out to say 8,000, which is what you want then you're tuned and doing high speed runs. The GT350 does flow better than the 18+ GT. Now if you moved to a PORTED GT intake that may be worth your money, but just the intake swap alone is really just pointless.

A good tune BY IT SELF will put you over 500hp crank. You didn't need a manifold or intake tube. In fact a should tune should have you more like 530-550 Crank on premium fuel. You're definitely not going to get 500 wheel unless you also have headers or e85.
There the situation in Germany is quite different:
As we live in paradise because we have still no general speed limit on our highways (let's see what the next elections will get us), we live in hell when it comes to bureaucracy. 👨‍✈️
EVERY change, you do on your car, needs approval by the authorities, otherwise you drive an illegal car with significant impact when it comes to insurance or you run into the cops. They may even confiscate your car. 👨‍✈️

The only way out is that the provider of any tuning (Hardware, Software, whatever) gets a general approval (where he needs to proof that emmissions or noise are still in range) or you have to get that approval individually, which is a VERY costly exercise.
(Just one anecdote: it is perfectly legal to have a car without rear windows. But if you want to tint your rear window, the foil needs to have a general approval.) :lipssealed:

In addition to that, Mustangs in European specification have (compared to the US model) an additional particle filter which limits the power output already in standard configuration and is also limiting the tuning possibilites. :curse:

There is only ONE legal configuration available in the German market, that gets your Mustang above the 500 hp mark. (Besides adding a supercharger). And this is what i have. :clap:

Nevertheless I really didn't care about the max. power i get, I bought it because of a significant improvement of torque at low rpm. I have ~20% more torque between 2000 and 4500 rpm, which means the same amount of torque 1000 to 2000 rpm earlier. And this what matters for me. :rockon:

As a side effect, the speed limiter was removed. Ford seems to have some hard coded limits at 180 mph which cannot be changed (this is hearsay without documented evidence), but that is more than enough.

This post was never intended to discuss the quality, necessity, supremacy, whatever of my configuration. I couldnt care less.

I just wanted to share the fun I had last week on what it think is a once in a lifetime experience.
The roads will (most likely) never be as free again. And even on a racetrack, driving for 8 Minutes at speeds close to 180mph is not realistic.

Ups, that got a bit longer than intended.

Love and peace, Jörg

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What tyres have you got? I think the stock PS4 are only good up to 240 km/h, if memory serves - hence the speed limiter.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Most countries have rules and restrictions when it comes to modifications, but the enforcement of those rules is a different story. Many of them are not really enforceable, and even those that are (at least some of them) can be worked around with a bit of care.
I really doubt, for instance, that a policeman, be he Romanian or German, will ever pull me over just to stick a device into my OBD port and to check if I have an aftermarket engine tune. Or that he will lift my bonnet to check if I have removed the sound tube, or if I have installed an oil catch can. Most policemen would probably not be able to tell a catch can from a potato anyway.

Romania is much more relaxed in this respect. Apart from a few safety-related things, like tinting windows, or modifying lighting components, and perhaps some things that affect the emissions control systems (though those aren't really enforced in real life apart from when you need an MOT), everything else is fair game. Nobody will care at all whether you install an H-pipe (as long as the noise level is still within legal limits), or replace the shifter, or the shift knob, or the gearbox, or suspension components, or anything else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
What tyres have you got? I think the stock PS4 are only good up to 240 km/h, if memory serves - hence the speed limiter.
In Germany all Mustangs are currently delivered with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, which are release up to 300km/h

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are (Y) rated which (I think) is 186+ mph :like:

WD :like:

Edit to add picture :

1617957020964.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
Most countries have rules and restrictions when it comes to modifications, but the enforcement of those rules is a different story. Many of them are not really enforceable, and even those that are (at least some of them) can be worked around with a bit of care.
I really doubt, for instance, that a policeman, be he Romanian or German, will ever pull me over just to stick a device into my OBD port and to check if I have an aftermarket engine tune. Or that he will lift my bonnet to check if I have removed the sound tube, or if I have installed an oil catch can. Most policemen would probably not be able to tell a catch can from a potato anyway.
Absolutely true.
Unfortunately the enforcement in Germany as increased significantly over the last month and years. A lot of cities have now "special forces" with knowledge and equipment to detect any deviations, especially on the hardware side. (Intake, exhaust, tires, suspension, etc.)

There were even cases, where Mustangs with stock exhaust were confiscated because of an alleged change in the exhaust system. Police did not beleive that a stock exhaust can be so loud.

Even worse, in case of an accident they may (if there are any signs that speed contributed to the accident) really take your car apart and analyse. And then your insurance will also hold you liable.

Not good times for tuners here.

Jörg

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There were even cases, where Mustangs with stock exhaust were confiscated because of an alleged change in the exhaust system. Police did not beleive that a stock exhaust can be so loud.
That does sound quite bad. It makes me think twice about ever coming there with the Mustang.
What happens afterwards? Do you just get a half-hearted "we're sorry, now take your car and be gone"? Or can you sue the police for damages and make that policeman's life miserable?

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also reaching the limter of the car in stock form is not an issue at all and there is plenty more to be had from a speed perspective

Reaching around 300km in a slightly tuned and removed limiter is very well possible

if you look at how easily the car reaches 250 in stock form, then I don't think around 300 are issues apart for the car becoming instable :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
That does sound quite bad. It makes me think twice about ever coming there with the Mustang.
What happens afterwards? Do you just get a half-hearted "we're sorry, now take your car and be gone"? Or can you sue the police for damages and make that policeman's life miserable?
If you come here with a Romanian mustang, I think you would be rather safe, because Romanian regualtion would still apply to you. (And I dont think they are professionals in that)

And yes, it was mostly a "sorry, now take your car....." sometimes a "very sorry".

Crazy times...
Sponsored