Sponsored

AndiObb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost, changing BMW´s, Yamaha...
Vehicle Showcase
Could it be that your video was taken slightly in the north of Nuermberg?
Greetings from 200km in the south of there :like:
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
You're the first on these forums anyways. I wonder how much of the gain is tune-related and how much is from the manifold.

OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
nice drive and welcome :) . Using the dodgy Google Translate is the modification the intake of the GT500? Also liking the front parking sensors and camera view :)
It is the intake of the "ordinary" GT from 2018 and later. Not from the GT500.

Jörg

OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
I thought high temperatures were a good thing for GPFs, as they helped with the burning off of the soot particles.
Yes, but at the same time it is still a bottleneck to dissipate the heat from the engine, which causes trouble in race conditions.

Jörg

OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
Could it be that your video was taken slightly in the north of Nuermberg?
Greetings from 200km in the south of there :like:
Hi :handshake:

yes, the first/short video is north of Nuremberg, the second/long one is between Nürnberg-Feucht und Greding :like:

Jörg

Sponsored

AndiObb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost, changing BMW´s, Yamaha...
Vehicle Showcase
Famous Greding McD :giggle:
Great to have another Bavarian here. Have fun with your Bullit. I´ll keep my eyes oper for you

OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
You're the first on these forums anyways. I wonder how much of the gain is tune-related and how much is from the manifold.
I have no clue, which part of the improvement can be allocated to which piece of the setup (filter, manifold, software).

Jörg

OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
Famous Greding McD :giggle:
Great to have another Bavarian here. Have fun with your Bullit. I´ll keep my eyes oper for you
Actually, I passed by Holzkirchen a few moments later on the way to the Rossfeldpanoramastraße:

IMG_20210405_225627_673[1].jpg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
So the concept here, is that a 2020 GT PP1 MT82 car, with the only mods being a JLT CAI and a tune, pulled 186 MPH.

Let's think long and hard on that one.

I'm going to go with "bullshit", especially since the vehicle's speedometer is conveniently not in shot.

OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
So the concept here, is that a 2020 GT PP1 MT82 car, with the only mods being a JLT CAI and a tune, pulled 186 MPH.

Let's think long and hard on that one.

I'm going to go with "bullshit", especially since the vehicle's speedometer is conveniently not in shot.
No,
a 2020 Bullit, with already the big throttle from the GT350, is enhanced with a JLT CAI, a GT manifold and software.

Yes,
a 2020 GT, enhanced with a JLT CAI, the big throttle from the GT350 and a respective tune would deliver the same output.

Exactly the second configuration is also available. (Page again in german, but you will be able to get the meaning)

https://auto-hentzschel.de/collecti...jlt-offener-luftfilter-und-drosselklappe-87mm

(And NO, I am not related in any way to the tuner behind these links, I also didnt buy from him, just the similar setup)

The video is shot with a Garmin Virb, which has its own GPS sensor and records speed and some other parameters. It can also receive obd2 data from a bluetooth dongle (only active at the first video). The camera is mounted behind the rearview mirror to get the maximum angle of view, so how should it record the speedometer?

Edit: The 186 mph relate to the 300kmh on the speedometer, the GPS 292 kmh are 181 mph.

Jörg

Last edited:

Sponsored

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Just to be clear when you say intake manifold are you talking about ductwork before or after the throttle body? I can see you replaced the filter and intake pipe to the throttle body (never liked the pleated design on the bullitt anyway) but did you also replace the actual intake manifold i.e. the ducting from the throttle body to the block?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
No,
a 2020 Bullit, with already the big throttle from the GT350, is enhanced with a JLT CAI, a GT manifold and software.

Yes,
a 2020 GT, enhanced with a JLT CAI, the big throttle from the GT350 and a respective tune would deliver the same output.

Exactly the second configuration is also available. (Page again in german, but you will be able to get the meaning)

https://auto-hentzschel.de/collecti...jlt-offener-luftfilter-und-drosselklappe-87mm

(And NO, I am not related in any way to the tuner behind these links, I also didnt buy from him, just the similar setup)

The video is shot with a Garmin Virb, which has its own GPS sensor and records speed and some other parameters. It can also receive obd2 data from a bluetooth dongle (only active at the first video). The camera is mounted behind the rearview mirror to get the maximum angle of view, so how should it record the speedometer?

Jörg
Not believable. Especially with the gearing of the MT82-D4, and the car's aerodynamics.

Others can chose to believe it, or not. I don't.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Just to be clear when you say intake manifold are you talking about ductwork before or after the throttle body? I can see you replaced the filter and intake pipe to the throttle body (never liked the pleated design on the bullitt anyway) but did you also replace the actual intake manifold i.e. the ducting from the throttle body to the block?
He is saying he's got a standard GT intake manifold (he removed the GT350 IM and replaced it with a standard GT manifold), with a GT350 throttle body, JLT CAI, and a tune.

OP
OP
jomo

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
Yes. This piece:
1617893883516.png

was replaced. (Painted black to better fit to the black colour of the car)

Jörg

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I dont doubt the bullitt or any GT can do more MPH, if you are hitting the speed limiter in 4th then just removing the speed limiter would do wonders.
Sponsored