New Bullitt Brembos Arrived.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I looked into the red rear calipers and it would be over $230 for a set, considering they're just stock ones painted red, I figured it's better just to paint my base rear ones with G2 and save $200.
Do you still have the part number for the rears?
Sponsored

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Did that include the Core Charges?
Yes, I had the base brakes so had to pay the extra $100. It would be $100 less if you have PP brakes to exchange, so $439/set.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you still have the part number for the rears?
I believe they are KR3Z-2B120-A and KR3Z-2B121-A but I'm not 100% sure. I was wrong about the price too, it looks like they're about $200 each.

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If you have an S550 with the base 4 piston front calipers and plan to upgrade to the Performance Pack 6 piston Brembos, I HIGHLY encourage you to swap over the master cylinder and booster from a Performance Pack as well. Vorshlag made a nice video on the subject and why it's important:

You may not notice the difference if you just drive on the street, but if you plan to do any decent amount of track work the swap will be very beneficial.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have an S550 with the base 4 piston front calipers and plan to upgrade to the Performance Pack 6 piston Brembos, I HIGHLY encourage you to swap over the master cylinder and booster from a Performance Pack as well. Vorshlag made a nice video on the subject and why it's important:

You may not notice the difference if you just drive on the street, but if you plan to do any decent amount of track work the swap will be very beneficial.

The Base GT and GT350 use the same master cylinder with the same part number. I'm not sure about the booster, but it looks like the GT brake booster might be the same for both the manual base GT's and Performance pack models? I know the auto runs a different master cylinder, not for performance reasons, but due to the lack of a clutch line.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do only the PP cars have line locker? Is that the master cylinder difference?
I think they all have line lock, my non-PP auto does. I can't think of any reasons why the GT and GT350 would use the same master cylinder while the GT PP cars use a separate one. You would think that the GT350 would be the one to use a specific master cylinder since it runs both larger front and rear brakes than both the Non PP and PP GT's.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone.looked into the ABS unit to see if they are the same from base to PP?
I'm thinking that it might make more of a difference than the MC?

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
That Vorshlag video was disappointing! I thought it was FINALLY the equivalent of putting the Coca Cola formula out for the world to see. The vid really doesn't tell you much about benefits vs. negatives, other than finally give an answer about "what's different" b't the two master cylinders, GT vs. PP...ok, the piston is 1.5mm bigger....AND? We can assume larger piston means more pressure but that's "a good guess" and nothing more.

A random thought: Swapping out the master cylinder will introduce a ton of air into the system which can be dealt with of course, but you're going to need a case of brake fluid. LOL! Also, I'd be very concerned about the ABS unit's functionality with a different MC (assuming the ABS part is different too). For a street car/DD that's your life you're talking about, basically.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Do only the PP cars have line locker? Is that the master cylinder difference?
All 2018-2019 PP equipped GT and EB’s have factory Line Lock capabilities.

Funny the question regarding the MC comes up again, as I had originally asked about this earlier. So there IS a difference...

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
@Cobra Jet We're in the same boat. Yes, we finally have proof that there is a diff b/t the PP and base/GT master cylinders, but what's that difference mean? Is that difference vital or even needed for street use? I've not been able to find any kind of test or laboratory-type analysis that would answer that question. That big question is part of the reason I've held off on my Brembo upgrade for a year....the other part being competing priorities for my time.

But, it's time. All that said, many folks have done the Brembo swap with no ill effects, so I'm planning on finally doing my own swap this weekend. Also will be using PowerStop rotors front and rear along with PS Z26 pads (aggressive street pads), along with Steeda steel braided lines front and rear.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I have over 6,000 miles (7,4xx total, 6,000 since swap) on my base GT that I did the Brembo swap on. I did the install myself with NOS 50th anniversary black with white letter calipers. I bled them once and have had zero issues. I drive like a bat outta hell and love braking late and hard. All good with stock master cylinder.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have over 6,000 miles (7,4xx total, 6,000 since swap) on my base GT that I did the Brembo swap on. I did the install myself with NOS 50th anniversary black with white letter calipers. I bled them once and have had zero issues. I drive like a bat outta hell and love braking late and hard. All good with stock master cylinder.
Good to hear. I'm hoping to get mine installed next week. Did you go with factory rotors? I kind of wish I went with 2 piece rotors for weight savings and looks, but I can't justify the extra money.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Thanks for posting that, @Houston Kid . I bought the same calipers; the white lettering will look good with my white car. To me anyway. :D VERY glad to hear you've had no issues with using the stock GT master cylinder AND that you drive hard. Very reassuring for me.
Sponsored