Sponsored

New 4 Point removable Sto N Sho license plate bracket! Any thoughts as compared to original 2 point?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Fellow pony car enthusiasts,

It seems that Sto N Sho has changed the license plate bracket they offer. I will show the one for my Gt PP2 below. The original attached the plate using the two upper holes. The new one is 'X' shaped and holds the plate by all four holes.

Has anyone have any experience with the new design?

Is it better or worse than the original 2 point mount?

I am in need of one quickly since my original 2 point fell off probably from me hitting a curb and popping off the rail receiver part. The base plate is still on my car. Now I need to order new/ replacement plates.

thanks

Original 2 point:
Sto N Sho 2 Point Plate bracket.jpg

New 4 point bracket:

mustang-sto-n-show-license-plate-holder-performance-pack-2 4 point mount.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well, I ordered a 4 point from CJ pony parts figuring that Sto N Sho was not really showing the 2 point on their website. I wonder if they are switching to only carrying the 4 point and the 2 point is discontinued. Will see if they post anything here.

Will let you know my thoughts when I get it, and my new plates, installed.

My only complaint so far, with the 2 point, was that it could bend forward and back when you hit a space divider and the attachment to the mounting plate could be better. I might debate running a wire or something between the rails so that if the rail receiver part on the mount breaks again it will not fall off. Either that or someone pried it off the mount plate.

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I prefer the bolt on vs the sticky tape install.

also, I think I like it better low. It also acts like a front curb feeler for me :)!
Sponsored