New 22GT, is this the known bbq tick??

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
THANK YOU. See this is what I was talking about. People with experience commenting with actual help.
Except that this is the wrong advice.
Ford states very clearly to DO NOT ADD anything to the motor oil, and that the tick is normal operating characteristic.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
1679494709223.png

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP

Car is not hot but not cold in this video. The tick is very intermittent. If this is normal I’ll let it be. But seems something is loose and rattling. Any help welcome. Thanks.
Yep, that is the BBQ tick. My brand new MACH 1 does it too. This forum is full of antagonists, just ignore them. There are also a ton of helpful experienced folks here too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So ran to advanced auto, got the Cera Tec. Bottle in, drove home.

NO MORE NOISE. Nothing. All ticks gone, car is quiet and smooth. Thank you to those who helped - and saved me a day of going to the dealer and who knows what other horseshit they would put me through. This is why I posted this. Appreciate the advice champs!!

2020_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lino
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I had the exact same sound after my first oil change at 5,000 miles on my 2020 mustang GT. I’m at 26,000 miles now and haven’t heard it and this post reminded me to check for it next time lol. I have an 04-08 body style f150 that I bought used with the tick as well. It ended up being a loose spark plug. 5yr 60,000 mile warranty I’m not worried. I also switched to 5w-30 mobile 1 oil since the 3rd oil change at around 14k miles and it’s been smooth.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
when engine is cold and rev up a bit taking off from stop, sounds like rattling valves.
once warm, you only very occasionally hear it.
generally its gone once warm, and only the transition just before shifting when cold.

heavier full synth (10-30) which I use in summer makes it disappear.

Right now im on 5w20 for winter.

didnt need any additives.

using mobile 1, and only mention it in case anyone were to ask.
Im sure other full synth, same weight would do as well

also cold and idling in driveway sometimes hear typewriter tick.
occasional loose disjointed irregular tapping,

Same deal - in summer no noises.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Yep, that is the BBQ tick. My brand new MACH 1 does it too. This forum is full of antagonists, just ignore them. There are also a ton of helpful experienced folks here too.
LOL Yep my brand new Mach 1 started the ticking already after the first oil change. But of course it goes away after you put a thousand or so miles on fresh oil. Since this is my second coyote with a tick I almost expect them all to tick tick away.

In my experience my previous Gen 1 coyote started ticking from first oil change to 120K miles with no problems. I think its a hit and miss some people tick goes away supposedly with different oil, I just kept changing oil with the Synthetic blend and my oil analysis was flawless at 120K miles.

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Check your invoice. Reason I ask...I had the bbq tick with the synthetic blend (free), and I changed it to the full synthetic after a couple hundred miles, and the tick disappeared. It worked for me, but I know it didn't work for others. Just FYI.
I had a 5.0 F-150 that would quiet down when I used premium. Good to know that full synthetic can help too.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
LOL Yep my brand new Mach 1 started the ticking already after the first oil change. But of course it goes away after you put a thousand or so miles on fresh oil. Since this is my second coyote with a tick I almost expect them all to tick tick away.

In my experience my previous Gen 1 coyote started ticking from first oil change to 120K miles with no problems. I think its a hit and miss some people tick goes away supposedly with different oil, I just kept changing oil with the Synthetic blend and my oil analysis was flawless at 120K miles.
Yeah, my 2017 never did this. Im gonna give the Ceratec a try