Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
SOLD

I just got a call from my dealer and was told that they have a new 2022 GT500 CFTP for sale in California. ADM is $10,000.

Send me a message and I will give you the contact information.

Earl

2022 GT500 CFTP.png

N5500233 2022 CFTP.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Hope Ford hears about the $10K, that's bullshit. Ford said to stop that.
Just bide your time. Dealerships are going to be in a lot of trouble here in the next few months. All of them

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
$10,000 over is nothing compared to what they were doing before. Plus it is a CFTP. I’d look at it if it wasn’t carbonized gray. No offense to all who have it. I light weird flashy colors.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This has been said for years at this point. Not going to happen any time soon. Especially with these cars. They’ll gladly sit on them. On a 20-25 mil flooring line one or two halo cars at 100k each makes zero difference. Random, I counted six new superdutys and three denali 2500’s on my way home today all with new temp tags. Sales are not slowing at all in the new car market regardless of what narrative is being pushed.

Just bide your time. Dealerships are going to be in a lot of trouble here in the next few months. All of them

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
This has been said for years at this point. Not going to happen any time soon. Especially with these cars. They’ll gladly sit on them. On a 20-25 mil flooring line one or two halo cars at 100k each makes zero difference. Random, I counted six new superdutys and three denali 2500’s on my way home today all with new temp tags. Sales are not slowing at all in the new car market regardless of what narrative is being pushed.
We can always revisit. Numbers are not a narrative. Interest rates next year will go through the roof and the number of repossess cars was 4.5 million this year and next year Banks are forecasted to repo between 5.5-6 million. This puts stress on banks and if cars are not selling banks are not going to lend money to dealerships. For new or used cars.
At that point dealerships are going to have to make choices. Me I don’t have a dog in this fight. I got my mustang for book. My own Credit union said that by this time next year new car interest rates will be around 8%.
Imagine bragging that you got a car for only 10K over MSRP 😂

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
We’ll see. I don’t have a dog in it either I just don’t believe there predictions. Rates are an issue but haven’t had the affect there looking for, thus the Fed keep raising the rate. House inventory is still low here and there still selling without an issue. I do a lot of business with my credit union both personal and professional. There still backlogged on financing and the rates are still very good. 4 percentish. As for the 10k reference, these car’s are a completely segment and market then a Gt. Supply and demand dictates the adm’s, wether people like it or not. It is what it is. The other thing is these cars hold there value very well, even today with all the doom and gloom being pushed.

We can always revisit. Numbers are not a narrative. Interest rates next year will go through the roof and the number of repossess cars was 4.5 million this year and next year Banks are forecasted to repo between 5.5-6 million. This puts stress on banks and if cars are not selling banks are not going to lend money to dealerships. For new or used cars.
At that point dealerships are going to have to make choices. Me I don’t have a dog in this fight. I got my mustang for book. My own Credit union said that by this time next year new car interest rates will be around 8%.

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
Automotive rates don't tend to track housing rates. You can still get auto loans for <3%, or even 0% if you get some MFG doing a promotion. Good luck with that on a house.

Despite housing rates, I do have a good friend who has multiple real-estate investments and they are not seeing any slowing in demand whatsoever. You have the millenial generation going through prime house buying age right now; and rental demand is crazy. Select markets will see larger corrections, typically bigger metro areas which naturally boom bigger, and bust bigger.

There is a lot of re-industrialization happening right now. It's very similar to post WW2, but instead of a hot war we basically had an economic war, aka COVID that destroyed supply chains and people are taking advantage of this to promote all sorts of agendas and implement new ideas/technology. Most of it totally unecessary IMO. Never let a good crisis go to waste....

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Good post. I’m of the same mindset.

Automotive rates don't tend to track housing rates. You can still get auto loans for <3%, or even 0% if you get some MFG doing a promotion. Good luck with that on a house.

Despite housing rates, I do have a good friend who has multiple real-estate investments and they are not seeing any slowing in demand whatsoever. You have the millenial generation going through prime house buying age right now; and rental demand is crazy. Select markets will see larger corrections, typically bigger metro areas which naturally boom bigger, and bust bigger.

There is a lot of re-industrialization happening right now. It's very similar to post WW2, but instead of a hot war we basically had an economic war, aka COVID that destroyed supply chains and people are taking advantage of this to promote all sorts of agendas and implement new ideas/technology. Most of it totally unecessary IMO. Never let a good crisis go to waste....

Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Not my preference for a color combo but I think this is a fair price for a CFTP especially considering it is located in CA. For those thinking that the market is going to drop out on these cars keep wishing, but until a new bigger, badder 500 comes along these will be in high demand especially once production ends and new inventory is gone.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Not my preference for a color combo but I think this is a fair price for a CFTP especially considering it is located in CA. For those thinking that the market is going to drop out on these cars keep wishing, but until a new bigger, badder 500 comes along these will be in high demand especially once production ends and new inventory is gone.
Production ended on Nov 9th.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
You clearly know nothing of the 2020+ GT500 market. All you are doing is “parroting” back things you’ve heard or read about the basic hypothetical future car market that does not apply to these cars.
MOST of these cars are bought cash and even financed most have huge down payments that the rate won’t deter. If the payment was $1100 this year and it is $1150 because of higher rates it is not changing anything. $50 a month may stop a KIA buyer but not a GT500 buyer.
It always cracks me up when people who don’t own or never will own these type of cars talk smack.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
You clearly know nothing of the 2020+ GT500 market. All you are doing is “parroting” back things you’ve heard or read about the basic hypothetical future car market that does not apply to these cars.
MOST of these cars are bought cash and even financed most have huge down payments that the rate won’t deter. If the payment was $1100 this year and it is $1150 because of higher rates it is not changing anything. $50 a month may stop a KIA buyer but not a GT500 buyer.
It always cracks me up when people who don’t own or never will own these type of cars talk smack.
I guess that the whole wait and see didn’t register. These are wants not needs. If the OP can wait and see if he can buy for MSRP or below instead of 10K over there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Regardless if you’re paying cash or financing. If you’re smart you’d make your money work for you. Take out a loan against your property make it a tax write off and buy the car. Now the government is paying you to drive a GT500. Either way like I said I have no dog in this fight. Pay your 10 or 20K over MSRP and come and brag about it.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Most people buying these cars are in higher tax brackets. There fully aware of the various ways to make money work for them and not looking for financial or life advice. They understand supply and demand and the costs associated with it. For whatever reason more times then not its someone with a Gt coming in to this part of the forum and stating uneducated opinions about msrp’s, pricing, and the market on cars they can’t afford, or aren‘t willing to spend the money.

I guess that the whole wait and see didn’t register. These are wants not needs. If the OP can wait and see if he can buy for MSRP or below instead of 10K over there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Regardless if you’re paying cash or financing. If you’re smart you’d make your money work for you. Take out a loan against your property make it a tax write off and buy the car. Now the government is paying you to drive a GT500. Either way like I said I have no dog in this fight. Pay your 10 or 20K over MSRP and come and brag about it.
Sponsored

Last edited: