New 2022 GT500 CFTP for Sale - California - SOLD

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If it was 1971, Ford would have considered the 7.3L engine. And then cancelled it by 1972.

I don't see Ford increasing displacement. Forced induction is always a possibility but cubic inches will continue to wane until extinction.
A twin turbo 5.2L perhaps?
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
It's a comprehensive argument.

The DCT harnessed the Predator's power better than any TR6060 manual would have, hence Ford's gutsy decision to go that route. Combine that with Ford's "one or the other but not both" philosophy (as of late) and we got a fully automated manual but no manual. Would Ford choose to do this again? Were the power levels of whatever engine combination earmarked to be the Top Dog S650 Mustang to be similar to that of the GT500, I could see a DCT resurface. But that depends on a number of other factors.

EPA and CARB particulate limits will be ridiculously stupid very soon. If Ford wanted a mega monster power, internal combustion engine only, they are going to have to do it quick. I don't see it happening in 2024 and 2025 is when the shit hits the fan. Ford likes to take their time and make you wait a few years before things get really exciting. So they are in an interesting position with the S650 in the context of swimming upstream against the cascade of regulation emasculation.

We may see some very interesting emissions devices, especially in the exhaust side, in order to comply. If they can maintain durability within these constraints, both emissions and cost, the opportunity to turn it up to eleven may be granted a stay. The problem is that it is exceedingly difficult to do this with large displacement engines. It pains me to say this having had grown up with seven to eight liter engines but a "5.0" is considered to be big.

It doesn't appear as though we will ever see a lighter car. That all goes out the window with safety and the emerging age of electrification. So how do you make a heavy vehicle handle exceptionally well, accelerate as quick or quicker than the current pony car crop, exhibit improved fuel economy, from an engine being choked in every way possible? Ford ICE engineers (the ones that have yet to be laid off) have their hands full. Dodge bailed completely here and avoided the argument altogether. GM is letting the Camaro die but going in every direction possible with the Corvette. What will Ford do? Total crapshoot but I can assure you that they are not looking to larger, heavier, lower mpg powerplants to get the job done. Single turbo, twin turbo, supercharger, naturally aspirated-only....anyone's guess.

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
Kind of hard to get excited about anything in '23 and the '24....the cringe meter stands firm in the negative category. Dealers can squeeze the crap out of anybody looking for a '22 off the showroom floor and will continue to do so until a legitimate Predator replacement enters the arena.
Yeah, the 24+ Mustangs…. Fox Body throwbacks…. I have friends that LOVE Fox Body’s. They will love these. I’ve spent way too much on cars in the past 7 years. For me, the new body style will help me to be a more responsible spender. I LOVE looking at and Driving my current stable. No need for anything more…

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Possible, also could get one last hurrah before total electrification. I’m keeping my hopes up, Stangmode is a loose cannon, he could be right.
Typically isn't.

He is a pro at clickbait though.

On topic of this post, I purchased my 500 from this dealer via a post @Snoopy49 made earlier this year. Zero complaints and they were great to work with, even from 2,244 miles away.

Thanks again, Earl!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Typically isn't.

He is a pro at clickbait though.

On topic of this post, I purchased my 500 from this dealer via a post @Snoopy49 made earlier this year. Zero complaints and they were great to work with, even from 2,244 miles away.

Thanks again, Earl!
I still run #49 on my car because of Earl.

snoopy49_01_avatar.jpg
snoopy49_02.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: