New 2021 GT500 Orders

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2003 mustang cobra, 2019 GT350R
Same here with FP. When I inquired about my car, currently in mod shop, I asked if the shut down would affect my car and was told they were not aware of a shut down.
Sponsored

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
I just checked my order on the Ford site. My ETA delivery has been delayed 4 days since I checked yesterday. Ugh!!!

Sparky75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2012 F350, 2020 EXPLORER ST
I just read a news article that they have extended the shut down for another week.

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
Sorry GT500 Forum - blame Ford - you have several more weeks more of my meme posting... as my car is inside the garage doors of Flat Rock where a QA person didn't release to shipping Sunday night but instead went home for their 3 week vacation... thanks, ya hard worker!
1618499711861.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I just checked my order on the Ford site. My ETA delivery has been delayed 4 days since I checked yesterday. Ugh!!!
Your car has been released from the plant for shipment. Now the wait begins to be picked up by a shipping company for delivery to your dealer.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Sorry GT500 Forum - blame Ford - you have several more weeks more of my meme posting... as my car is inside the garage doors of Flat Rock where a QA person didn't release to shipping Sunday night but instead went home for their 3 week vacation... thanks, ya hard worker!
People are still working at the plant, they are just not working on the assembly line. Ford is doing everything they can to get the cars that have been produced released from the plant and ready to ship. After the cars are released, it is up to the shipping companies to get the cars shipped.

5 of the members cars got released from the plant today and are awaiting shipment.

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
Your car has been released from the plant for shipment. Now the wait begins to be picked up by a shipping company for delivery to your dealer.
Snoopy, thanks for the update.

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With utmost respect - I categorically disagree with you @Snoopy49 - mostly because you have consistently been a gentle guide telling me and others to get my information from Ford Performance and not pay attention to all the other noise... so in doing so... your statement...

Is directly in conflict with the email I just got from Ford Performance (1:23PM 4/15/2021) after asking them to just dig deeper and see what the status was since the factories are closed now for an extended time-frame... (granted you have scooped the dealership on info, and the tracking sites... but this if from Ford Performance themselves)

DIRECTLY from the Ford Performance email:

• Your vehicle status is In Production/Produced. The next step is for QA to approve the vehicle so it can move to In Production/Released or Awaiting Shipment/Released
  • The Flat Rock Plant has announced it will be closed the weeks of April 12, April 19 and April 26. Meaning, the plant will not reopen until 5/3/2021. Our understanding is it is a full closure, so no work will be completed on any vehicles until it reopens.
  • Once the plant reopens, it will likely be another week or two before your car gets approved and is ready to ship, and it could be up to three weeks after that before it is delivered to your dealership.

People are still working at the plant, they are just not working on the assembly line. Ford is doing everything they can to get the cars that have been produced released from the plant and ready to ship. After the cars are released, it is up to the shipping companies to get the cars shipped.

5 of the members cars got released from the plant today and are awaiting shipment.
So Ford Performance's understanding of "a full closure, so no work will be completed on any vehicles until it reopens" is a far cry from "People are still working at the plant"... And your "Your car has been released from the plant for shipment." is also a far cry from "Your vehicle status is In Production/Produced. The next step is for QA to approve the vehicle so it can move to In Production/Released or Awaiting Shipment/Released".

Somewhere the truth is out there...

Regardless - I'm just gonna re-read fun threads on here and have given up on the joy of expectation... Ford's lack of transparency / clarity kinda beat it out of me. Whatever will happen will happen... in time...

Ohh - and I will continue to post sarcastic memes - mostly because that makes me feel better...

(@Snoopy49 - In my heart of hearts I hope your information is somehow more better than FP's information... and we can still be friends even if it's not)

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
@fishpick

I never said you car was released, that was for Jeffreys' (@Blackbite) car and 4 other members that had cars released today.

Evidently the Flat Rock Plant is not closed for business, it just means they are not producing any cars.

I standby my recommendation of FP Customers Service as a source of information concerning the status of your car, but the information they have is based on your cars Visibility Report, this the same report your dealer uses to find out the status on your car.

Here is what they can see and nothing more, everything else is a best guess.

In Order Processing - Unscheduled/Material Hold
In Order Processing - Unscheduled/Clean
In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week or Day

In Production - Sent to Plant
In Production - Body Shop
In Production - Trim Line
In Production - Produced
In Production - Released to Body Company (Painted Stripe Cars)
In Production - Returned from Body Company (Painted Stripe Cars)

Awaiting Shipment - Released for shipment
Awaiting Shipment - Received for shipment

In Transit - Shipped Rail
In Transit - Shipped Convoy
In Transit - Location of your railcar
In Transit - Arrived Rail
In Transit - Received - Trucking Company has received your car for final delivery to the dealer.
In Transit - Shipped Convoy - Your car is on its way to the dealer

Delivered - Final Delivery to Dealer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@fishpick

I never said you car was released, that was for Jeffreys' (@Blackbite) car and 4 other members that had cars released today.

Evidently the Flat Rock Plant is not closed for business, it just means they are not producing any cars.
Yeah - oops - I see that - didn't mean to steal your exciting news @Blackbite - cool!

But what you are seeing is the opposite of what Ford Performance says is happening!

So who do I believe in - you @Snoopy49 or Ford Performance?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah - oops - I see that - didn't mean to steal your exciting news @Blackbite - cool!

But what you are seeing is the opposite of what Ford Performance says is happening!

So who do I believe in - you @Snoopy49 or Ford Performance?
The Snoop Meister ALL DAY LONG.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Snoopy consistently provides the most accurate and timely information I have seen. I regularly receive OASIS and Vehicle Visibility Reports and find Ford Performance consistently behind the curve. The Ford Vehicle Tracking Website is the most delayed.

As far as the shutdown, the Assembly Line Train may have stopped but the Engineer, Conductor and other critical staff are still there. No, they have not turned out the lights...

Thank you Snoopy for your keen interest and invaluable support to us all.

RR

Last edited:

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok ok ok - let me clear this up...
I love @Snoopy49 - he has scooped everyone this whole process. He’s a great guy who goes out of his way. We have DMed and he’s terrific. Love and respect the gentleman. Reading into my sarcasm any deeper than that is simple the interwebs misconstruing personality. That’s all. He’s great.

Also - he knows stuff. Clearly. And I’m never afraid to admit when I’m wrong...
looked this am and...
329E5AFA-0817-44A7-93D7-8729EA68970C.jpeg

I credit HIM for doing something somewhere and making THAT happen.

I no longer pretend to even remotely understand. I’m just joining the Snoopy of the 49 cult at this point. Nice people. Smart people.
Sponsored