Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I still question the accuracy of the ford vehicle tracking site. It says my eta to dealer is 18 days but is yet to show in production.
Stop watching the eta, it is never correct and it will drive you crazy.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Easier said then done, but this man is 100% correct.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It becomes a crippling addiction of sorts, but it WILL drive you crazy....

GT 500 760

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 ........Past Shelby’s 2019 GT350R, 2009 GT500 KR, 1970 GT500 ,1969 GT350 ,1966 GT350.
My original ETA was 4/2 then moved to 4/12 but it was delivered at the dealership on 4/1. Go figure. Ford performance or your dealership has tracking once its loaded on the rails or truck. My vin was very low at M5500019. Yet my badge on the dash is # 201.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I second Earl and Jamie's recommendations. Ford took away the reliable sites and left customers with a completely useless tracker. Crying shame is what it is.

As for VIN's and chassis numbahs, I don't think there's any relationship at all. Depends on what the company is building at the time not to mention a hundred other factors along with any time-cosuming options.

Hang tough, she'll be there before you know it. :-)

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
My original ETA was mid May. Then moved to 1st week of May, then moved to April 23rd. So its moving closer yet not in production yet! Lmao!.... I think they are just playing games with my emotions at this point! It's actually gotten to be kinda fun to guess what its going to be changed to next!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Over here on the GT500 forums looking for therapy because misery loves company, and found it... we who ordered Mach 1's are going through the same thing. I ordered 3/22 and estimated delivery started out in early May and is now June 9. Other guys all over the place too. Would love to know how Ford decides which the next car on the line is.

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
Over here on the GT500 forums looking for therapy because misery loves company, and found it... [...] Would love to know how Ford decides which the next car on the line is.
Ifs actually a simple formula.

the volume of vehicles demanded / volume of supplier part coefficient volatility multiplied by the factor of delivery distance in meters
Then the production manager takes the derivative of that, per model, against the production constant (F) and the sum of nuts on the production floor after a 6 hour run. That lets them calculate a general QA failure ratio, which is applicable to the last run not the current run...

bro - somewhere in the middle of that it started to feel to too real so I’m bailing on the joke...

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2007 Tacoma, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
Fishpik,
I would give my dealer a call and see what their system shows. The Ford site was showing the same for mine as yours "In Production date of 4/1", but lo and behold just now the Ford site shows "Built".!!! And when I had checked with the Dealer on Friday, their system had listed it as "Built" also, at that time. So, i think there is a disconnect between this link and what the Dealer can actually see. Good luck.

Sponsored

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
Fishpik,
I would give my dealer a call and see what their system shows. The Ford site was showing the same for mine as yours "In Production date of 4/1", but lo and behold just now the Ford site shows "Built".!!! And when I had checked with the Dealer on Friday, their system had listed it as "Built" also, at that time. So, i think there is a disconnect between this link and what the Dealer can actually see. Good luck.
That's great advice @Tennkid ... last week the dealer said the car was in the trim line... today - he texted me "WTH - the car is listed as body shop again"... So - the data they are getting is either muffed up as well - or my car has fallen off the line so many times and has so much "touch up" on the body it's gonna look like Rapid Red Camo and be a 1 of 1 color... emails to FP have confirmed the ongoing "body shop" status as well... so - who the F (f as in Ford, of course) really knows... really starting to wish I hadn't traded the C7Z last fall and had a little more bargaining power in my pocket come delivery time... But - what ya gonna do... lemons to lemonaid - I'm now going for the "longest time to build a mass produced car" record in days... on 14 and counting... (and looking at dealers around the country for stock... just in case...)

uberONE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500. 2003 Mustang Mach1
My GT500 order with priority code 12 was sent in on February 16. Received an email yesterday from Anthony at Ford Performance and it hasn’t even been scheduled for production yet.

Tennkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2007 Tacoma, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200
Ok, you guys aren't going to believe this. I talked to the Dealer this morning and was told that mine was scheduled for ETA at Dealer week of 4/20, bc it was showing as built.
BUT, he just called me 5 minutes ago and said, "Guess What Just Showed Up"!!!
So, I am so stoked. Going down now to look at it and will pick it up on Friday morning. So much for Ford's ETA/delivery timeline system.
FishPick, man, wishing you the same LUCK.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
...My vin was very low at M5500019. Yet my badge on the dash is # 201.
I don't think the Chassis Number is related to the VIN. I have no idea how Ford develops the CN though.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I don't think the Chassis Number is related to the VIN. I have no idea how Ford develops the CN though.
The chassis number represents the number of cars that rolled off the line before your car, minus your car. Example: 1200-1=1199 cars produced before your car.
Sponsored