New 2020 GT500 Poor Quality Work From Ford

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
My horror story of Mustang quality was in my first new one in 1991. Brand new 91 5.0 coupe titanium color. Leaking water from
Rear window. The fix was to cut the entire roof off and reposition it. The dealer told
me the only way to fix the leak and it did. I owned the car for 7 years. My new 2020 is about a perfect mustang I have ever owned been very happy with it.
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Unfortunately, when the same people put the same body on a $27k car as the $72k. The quality is probably gonna be the same.
My buddy works in finance for Audi USA, who is part of the VW / Porsche group. He’ll tell people to never judge expected quality by MSRP of what you bought unless its the base model of the platform. For example there is a Porsche and an Audi SUV built on the same platform as a VW SUV, but they mark up the VW $3K, the Audi $13K, and the Porsche $23K. All made on the same production line.

Go Time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
At the end of the day just because it has world class performance doesn’t mean it has world class build quality. I think one reason people complain is because well when you have an option like 10 grand for stripes people expect better. With cars like the hellcats people know you’re paying for the power and that’s about all. Heck dodge advertisements make that a bragging point. Also I think we can all agree some things we have seen are just unacceptable on any car.
The fit/finish, paint overspray on my Dodge Demon was complete trash. Almost returned the stupid thing.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My buddy works in finance for Audi USA, who is part of the VW / Porsche group. He’ll tell people to never judge expected quality by MSRP of what you bought unless its the base model of the platform. For example there is a Porsche and an Audi SUV built on the same platform as a VW SUV, but they mark up the VW $3K, the Audi $13K, and the Porsche $23K. All made on the same production line.
I've got a VW Tiguan in the fleet that has some of the best fit and finish of any vehicle I've bought in at least a decade; the older one it replaced was the same, and its build quality (and rock solid reliability, I might add) was a factor in buying the second. There's no reason for the slipshod QC at Ford. None.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
I've got a VW Tiguan in the fleet that has some of the best fit and finish of any vehicle I've bought in at least a decade; the older one it replaced was the same, and its build quality (and rock solid reliability, I might add) was a factor in buying the second. There's no reason for the slipshod QC at Ford. None.
I agree if ford demanded it they could get it.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I guess I feel lucky with my GT only getting the wrong color shark fin.
Digital cameras...you just never know. Is the fin REALLY Rapid Red? I can't imagine that it is.

The fit/finish, paint overspray on my Dodge Demon was complete trash.
Obviously, it isn't just Ford.

I agree if ford demanded it they could get it.
Me thinks you've never been a member of a large labor union. CL and I say that because in my experience, much like a huge herd of cattle (or the Titanic,) it's extremely difficult to make heading changes such as you describe.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Digital cameras...you just never know. Is the fin REALLY Rapid Red? I can't imagine that it is.

Obviously, it isn't just Ford.

Me thinks you've never been a member of a large labor union. CL and I say that because in my experience, much like a huge herd of cattle (or the Titanic,) it's extremely difficult to make heading changes such as you describe.
I’m sure you’re right I hadn’t thought of it in that way. Also I’m afraid the American worker isn’t what he once was.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Well my car is rapid red, the antenna matches a friends Ruby Red F150 almost perfectly. I’ve parked by him in direct sunlight, and it blended into his truck very well. That brings another question, though. How did I end up with a Ruby red antenna since they went to that style antenna in 2020 but had the puck style in 2019? My guess is my car was built at the beginning of covid and maybe ford pulled stuff from other lines where needed? I honestly have no idea.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Yep, the hue is for sure Ruby, I have a truck in that color but I swear, that is just about the oddest aseembly line issue I can recall. I just can't imagine how it made it "out the door."

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Yep, the hue is for sure Ruby, I have a truck in that color but I swear, that is just about the oddest aseembly line issue I can recall. I just can't imagine how it made it "out the door."
Must have been assembled on 3rd shift... oh the crazy crap I’ve seen night shift people pull off!! (Once literally... a guy was hiding behind some crates watching an attractive young female inspector and... well, you get the idea.)

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well my car is rapid red, the antenna matches a friends Ruby Red F150 almost perfectly. I’ve parked by him in direct sunlight, and it blended into his truck very well. That brings another question, though. How did I end up with a Ruby red antenna since they went to that style antenna in 2020 but had the puck style in 2019? My guess is my car was built at the beginning of covid and maybe ford pulled stuff from other lines where needed? I honestly have no idea.
Look on the bright side it’s a one of one car.

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
rapid red/ruby red are 3 stage colors and hard to match. Plastic takes paint a little different than metal. My 2019 rapid red f150 front bumper was 2 different colors because the pad was plastic and the bar was metal. I see it all the time from all the manufactures.
Sponsored