OP

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
Based on the will-never-sue logic, the Fiesta and Focus customers would've been total losers, and Ford would've gotten away with it.
Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
And in more class action lawsuits more than not the lawyers get most of the money and a small amount trickles down to to the consumer.
This is so true, with the class action lawsuit I'm in right now, I think its something like a 40% cut the law firm gets. I am looking at getting $800-$1,700 at the most.

If it wasn't "free money" I definitely would not have even bothered.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Would I sell back my car with a replacement motor or not? No. What would I replace it with that gives me as much pleasure? My GT350 was the worst money (investment-wise) best money (pleasure) I ever spent.

OP
OP

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
While it's true that lawyers get a lot of compensation, the stiffed consumers would lose more if no compensation or remedy is rendered to them. And the threat of legal consequences is what ultimately makes companies shape up and improve their quality. So consumers overall win at the end.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
And in more class action lawsuits more than not the lawyers get most of the money and a small amount trickles down to to the consumer.
Might be true in general but my personal experience has been otherwise. I bought a new 2007 2500 Dodge Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins. 6.7L with the new emissions DPF filter and EGR system. I could have gotten the 5.9L without the emissions but I went for the 6 speed trans and more power to tow. Huge mistake. That truck was at the dealership every other week with codes. I was getting O2 sensors, EGR, and turbo cleaned routinely. Finally the dealership told me I'd need a new turbo and cleanings were not offered anymore. Told them to clean it one more time. So I had enough and deleted it all at 60K miles. Turbo was just fine. Best decision ever. Truck went over 200K without any further issue.
2011 or 12 I get a letter in the mail from an attorney about a class action law suit against Diamler Chrysler Dodge for 07 - 10 Cummins 6.7L trucks. Called the attorney and he said nothing to lose and nothing out of your pocket. Give us all your paperwork and records and we'll submit the claim. Well I had a stack of work orders on that truck 2 inches thick. A total of 3 months spent at the dealership getting worked on. 2 months later I got an $8k check and a had to sign a paper that said I could not sue them anymore for this truck. The attorney's cut was $3k. The whole settlement was $11k. The attorney said it was the largest he's seen because the meticulous paperwork I kept on the truck had them backed up against the wall. I keep record binders on all my vehicles.

Sponsored

RetiredFireCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition Package #L0350
The differences between the two GT350's from 2015 - 2018 are in the cam phasers and hydraulic lifters. The R has lifters/phasers that handle oil a bit better at high RPM (to better control valve timing). These won't affect your oil burn, oil pump or anything like that. It's just for valve timing.
"A little something we learned during this process is that the R-model Voodoo engines receive unique lash adjusters, VCT mechanisms and cam covers, and these engines carry code 151."
As noted by others, they were different until 2019........
Now they are the same.

The GT350 and GT350R have the same engine there is no difference. More failures happen with the GT350s probably because they are just more of them on the road.

What are the GT350R engine upgrades that you are suggesting?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
When a class action lawsuit is filed (we only need 20 participants to start and it will grow from there), we can subpoena Ford's GT350 engine failure and replacement records. Then we will know the true picture and magnitude of the problem. Ford was subpoenaed records for the Focus and Fiesta transmission issues. A whole engine failure and replacement on expensive new cars is much more severe than transmission issues.

https://www.autonews.com/regulation...cus-fiesta-transmission-documents-report-says
Good luck with those subpoenas...

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
let's assume that all 7 are the entirety of the observation pool. Of the M6G membership let's say maybe 200 persons are 2020 GT350 owners. Is that fair?

That's a 3.5% failure rate. If Coyote3 were failing at just 0.35% (1/10 as frequent) and assuming 65% of M6g forum members drive GT we'd have 0.0035 * 30,000 = 105 threads
That's math to support your own opinion. It's an absolute fact that many of the 7 noted above ONLY came here due to a failure. It's impossible to know the exact ratio but it's absolutely a fact that more people seek out a forum like this to report a negative experience than people who are having a great time and pop in just to say HI.

You can not apply that logic to any car.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Based on the will-never-sue logic, the Fiesta and Focus customers would've been total losers, and Ford would've gotten away with it.
Completely untrue. Social media is 100,000 x more powerful. I know for a fact that Ford motor company has people that view these Mustang six sites on a regular basis. Ford is not some entity it's made up of people. Just like you and me. They're not out to screw the consumer they're out to make a decent product that's exciting at a decent price that's fairly dependable. that hate the company mentality is something I just can't relate to.

Sponsored

Jago768

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Heritage Shelby GT350, 2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak(on Res)
Sorry to hear about OPs car, and if my engine goes I'll let you guys know. That being said, I plan to keep the car so I lose a little less sleep. As long as Ford replaces the engine and warranties the new one, I am cool. I remember looking at Hellcats and a dealer had written in a Mopar lifetime warranty into the deal. I also received a 10 year or lifetime (supercharger)warranty on my CTS-V and ZL1 from GM. I dont remember the details as I did not keep either car over two years. I would love to see Ford put a lifetime or extended warranty on the VooDoo until they track down the problem, if there is a chronic issue. I will attempt to find the paperwork on what GM did for my supercharger on the LSA. At the end of the day, I just want to be able to enjoy my 350 and know if something happens (as it can with all things) Ford will try and do the right thing.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, well i bought 16 c8's this year. Every single one of them had engine failure and you just need to take my word for it. I will not be answering any questions regarding this.

PA_R_DUDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
That's math to support your own opinion. It's an absolute fact that many of the 7 noted above ONLY came here due to a failure. It's impossible to know the exact ratio but it's absolutely a fact that more people seek out a forum like this to report a negative experience than people who are having a great time and pop in just to say HI.

You can not apply that logic to any car.
Completely agree. What's unfortunate though is that if you browse general car forums like r/cars on Reddit, almost every GT350 thread is riddled with folks claiming every car has oil burning issues and will eventually blow up. Really frustrating as they choose to ignore similar issues that had occurred in the 991.1 GT3 for example.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Your search is missing some, mine for example. If you consider how many 2020 were made and that they are all the same root cause, and figure maybe 20-30% get on the forums and talk about it. Its a pretty widespread issue amongst the 2020 cars.
Thanks for posting this. Your thread didn't come out because non of the searchable words existed in your thread title rather than "dead", which is non-technical term.

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Yeah, well i bought 16 c8's this year. Every single one of them had engine failure and you just need to take my word for it. I will not be answering any questions regarding this.
Yes, if they were attributed to the valve spring failures GM was pretty aggressive in recalling them. I am not sure if the fact that trucks also suffered from those failures made them go more aggressive and public than Ford is doing with a more limited edition like the GT350
Sponsored