New 2019 w/600 miles

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks for your thoughts on this! I like the extended warranty option as well.

I also am curious if you guys think I’m absolutely insane for pursuing this car for what my usage would be. Id maybe get 5-7 track days a year in. I’d also seriously consider a rear seat add for a few years while my kids are still in car seats. They are obsessed with cars and after leaving a 350 for a Z06 I eventually missed even having the option for cruising with them.

I love the looks of the R inside and out and the notion of a bit more limited production. But I could easily find a 4 seater in the very same color combo with Recaros for maybe $8-10k less than the R.

So having 3 years behind the wheel of a base 350, is it going to be worth the extra cash and hassle to acquire and modify this R vs taking the easy path to another base model?

opinions would be greatly appreciated!
You would not be insane. If you are buying the car right, and you can finagle a warranty out of them, it would be a no brainer. Some tracks are more suited for the R, some are not. Daytona IMHO is not as well suited because you wind up running around the outside at or near redline all the time. It is a bit underpowered and has left me wanting. If you frequent a more technical track, the R is a great all around NA car. I would suggest aftermarket camber plates such as Vorshalg. The OEM camber plates totally blow. I have them on the CFTP and I will be changing them out.

The rest is just personal preference. Remember, end of month, end of year is the best time to buy a car. If they really want to sell, put the screws to them. Make your offer and be prepared to walk. They will stop you at the door, but you have to make the motion.

Edited to add:
A full blown warranty runs in the 3-4K range. That, on top of a few K off MSRP would be a good deal for a slightly used car that is untitled.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I’d go hard at $5k under, on the phone with the GM - tell him you’re ready to sign. It’s 1 MY old which will show in KBB values and it has some miles on it. Personally, for anything more, I’d rather buy a 2020 and just pay msrp. ;)

I try to not be but my BS meter is a little sensitive lately :). PS - I ignored that guy days ago so I don’t know what is being said lol.
Everyone seems a little sensitive lately. A bunch of snowflakes I guess, LOL

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I can agree with that Tom.
You're the one putting them sideways. I don't think anyone cares that you're a super duper car buyer. It seems that $5k you saved is life altering for you.
Sponsored