New 2019 Shelby GT350 Pricing advice

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
A lot of you guys giving him advice aren't in the tri-state area. Pricing is a different beast here. Dealers were still asking MSRP and above for 19's. I got 5K off a loaded 19 in the color I wanted, in early March, and had to drive 100 miles for it. The price you're being offered seems fair to me.
Sponsored

GT350Obsession

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
K0963 2019 GT350 RR, Black Roof
A lot of you guys giving him advice aren't in the tri-state area. Pricing is a different beast here. Dealers were still asking MSRP and above for 19's. I got 5K off a loaded 19 in the color I wanted, in early March, and had to drive 100 miles for it. The price you're being offered seems fair to me.
Definitely understand, but thereā€™s no reason why, in 2020, you canā€™t put some email pressure on a dealer to go lower than $59K. Holding inventory is a different beast no matter what state youā€™re in. Itā€™s all about what youā€™re willing to accept. Iā€™d gladly drive over 100 miles or fly out to get the car I want.

Amacron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
For the price I stated I had to go search found it in Indiana. Cause all the dealers in Louisville wanted MSRP for them. If you want a good price do some research and then go,deal. The added perk is you get to drive it home with a great big smile not only because of the price paid but also the fun this car brings. I didn't want to drive mine home the day I bought it because it was raining. So friends of mine drove up 120 miles away one way about two weeks later and drove them all home together, was a great trip
3381687C-154B-4083-AB89-5E41F77A4D5B.jpeg
27C95FE1-7182-4FE3-B97E-55723D42ED8D.jpeg

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
One thing to keep in mind. Even though the car is new it will be valued like a used 2019, since we are now well into the 2020 model year. You need to push for 7-8k off at this point.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Definitely understand, but thereā€™s no reason why, in 2020, you canā€™t put some email pressure on a dealer to go lower than $59K. Holding inventory is a different beast no matter what state youā€™re in. Itā€™s all about what youā€™re willing to accept. Iā€™d gladly drive over 100 miles or fly out to get the car I want.
It was 2020. I got my 19 about 7 weeks ago. Just before this Corona crap hit.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
One thing to keep in mind. Even though the car is new it will be valued like a used 2019, since we are now well into the 2020 model year. You need to push for 7-8k off at this point.
Some forget this, and Iā€™ve never understood why.
As soon as you drive the ā€œnew old stockā€ away, itā€™s value drops significantly more than a current MY. Unless the purchase discount reflects that devalue gap, Iā€™d go current MY.
BTW, Iā€™ve bought a couple new old stock vehicles for HUGE discounts that made the deal appealing. One was a 10K discount off a 50K truck.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
No difference really as far as the 350 goes cause dealers are still asking 5K+ over Msrp. on the 2020's
So if you can get 5K below that takes care of the depreciation. 10K worth.

Carnut12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby
I would absolutely play several dealers against each other, the deals given 6-8 weeks ago are a mute point right now, NO ONE is buying cars right now especially sports cars. Use this to your advantage. You are in the area that is getting hit more then any other in the country, they will not be able to give these cars away. Look on Carguru's plenty of 2020 are $5K off and have been for months, I would send offers out for $7500 off minimum and wait for your phone to ring. On a2019 I would want more then $7500. These cars are NOT in high demand despite what they tell you, many have been sitting for over a year in the tristate area. Also with the C8 and GT500 coming out anyone spending this amount will spend a little more and get one of those instead.

You are in the drivers seat take advantage of it, they all got HUGE ADM's for years when they had the supply/demand leverage, not you have it so use it accordingly.

Just my 2 cents.....

Carnut12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby
No difference really as far as the 350 goes cause dealers are still asking 5K+ over Msrp. on the 2020's
So if you can get 5K below that takes care of the depreciation. 10K worth.
I do not even know what that means, just because they ask $5K over doesn't mean they get it, and only a foolish person would pay even MSRP right now. As soon as you drive it off the lot the depreciation is huge, you don't save $10K on depreciation because a dealer is asking $5K over and you paid $5K under.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
carnut12....I agree with the present times that sales are not good for the dealers especially in the tri-state area as we have been hit hard with the shutdown, but I've seen so many of my performance car friends go hundreds of miles out of the area to get the price that's reasonable to them. I think the dealers here would rather sit on a vehicle then give away thousands to move a specialty car, simply because of the sheer number of people in the area...as some one with very deep pockets will eventually come in and buy it anyway.
I'm not saying don't try to get a better deal, but these dealers just don't care

Sponsored

Carnut12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby
carnut12....I agree with the present times that sales are not good for the dealers especially in the tri-state area as we have been hit hard with the shutdown, but I've seen so many of my performance car friends go hundreds of miles out of the area to get the price that's reasonable to them. I think the dealers here would rather sit on a vehicle then give away thousands to move a specialty car, simply because of the sheer number of people in the area...as some one with very deep pockets will eventually come in and buy anyway.
I'm not saying don't try to get a better deal, but these dealers just don't care
I agree some dealers are ignorant as are some buyers. I am from Long Island, but I live in Western MA now just on the border of CT. Deals are much better North of me in the NH/VT area, I would drive all day long to get a better deal. Also the ignorant dealers are usually the ones that shaft you on financing and all the other BS too.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
carnut12....I agree with the present times that sales are not good for the dealers especially in the tri-state area as we have been hit hard with the shutdown, but I've seen so many of my performance car friends go hundreds of miles out of the area to get the price that's reasonable to them. I think the dealers here would rather sit on a vehicle then give away thousands to move a specialty car, simply because of the sheer number of people in the area...as some one with very deep pockets will eventually come in and buy it anyway.
Absolutely!
LICobra. People who don't live down here have no idea what these dealers are like. I drove to NH to get my last Corvette. 350 miles. Dealers down here will sit on cars. They were still asking over sticker on 19's a month and a half ago when I drove to Pa. to get mine. I know times are different now. You might be able to get a good deal on a 19, but the 20's will sit till they get what they want. They're still selling online and delivering cars to you. Work your deal out online with a reasonable dealer wherever you can find one and take a road trip. Everyone has free time now.

Keyser_Soze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 in VB, '13 F150
In Utah, I could've bought a loaded 2019 for $59k AND they were willing to offer 90 days no payments. If you search now, you'll find $56K and $57K loaded 2019 models. I'd push for $55K, which is about a 5K premium to new 2018 GT350s right now.
Where? I've looked on CarGurus and I only see one that's more than 8k off MSRP, assuming a 66k price tag. I'm currently in the market the same as the OP.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Below are the Options that are on the vehicle:

Tech Package = $2,000
Leather Sports seats = $495
Exposed Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel = $500
Painted Black Roof = $695
TOTAL Options = $3,690

I love the idea of stripes but my wife is super against them. Painted Black roof looks nice too so Im okay with that as a fallback.

I love the black roof and I wish I had them. But when I was cleaning the gutters on my little building and the house, the stripes looked mighty cool as well. Too bad only the birds will see this angle ....
20200408_140417.jpg
20200408_171447.jpg

OP
OP

lembeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lembeh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2012 Mini Cooper S, 2018 Subaru Outback
I love the black roof and I wish I had them. But when I was cleaning the gutters on my little building and the house, the stripes looked mighty cool as well. Too bad only the birds will see this angle ....
20200408_140417.jpg
20200408_171447.jpg
I love the idea of stripes especially for a Shelby but have seen a couple on videos (there was one on Throttle House's YT channel), images where the factory fitted stripes don't exactly line up. Its a small point but they are charging $500 for them. C'mon Ford you can do better than that. I might yet get them in the aftermarket. That Blue in the light with the stripes is a view for the Gods. Looks incredible.
Sponsored