~ New 2019 Mustang GT Owner ~

txpat3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue PP1 5.0
2018+ mustangs just need a tune. 17 lower need injectors or something like that i believe
Thanks! Well, looks like I'm gonna be looking at a new tune soon :rockon:. Any recommendations aside from Lund or just stick with it? I tune with an nGauge device.
Sponsored

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks! Well, looks like I'm gonna be looking at a new tune soon :rockon:. Any recommendations aside from Lund or just stick with it? I tune with an nGauge device.
Im not to experienced with tunes but the general consensus seems to be that Lund is the best, and hold on to your Ngauge with your life

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Many good options out there. If you already have the Nguage and a Lund tune then the NGauge is locked to Lund only. If you wanted to switch to PBD or another vendor then you’d also need a new tuning device.

Lund has been great for me on my E tunes but everyone has their own preferences.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
I guess my question is, what other mods would you recommend to possibly get closer to 500 whp without affecting reliability too much?
1. get rid of the JLT, get the oem box and a drop in filter...

2. ditch the canned tune. Get a custom flex fuel tune and start running e85

3. add long tubes or cat deletes to the mix

you should be somewhere in the 460 whp - 480 whp with just that

OP
OP

TheNetcode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (Manual, Base)
Get yourself a Flex and an E85R tune and you’ll be set. I have both and a 93 pump gas tune, but my car lives on my Flex tune unless I use nitrous. If you plan on getting LTHs, I would wait until you get those installed before you do it though. It’ll save you some money and net you the biggest gains.
Would I have to return my tune to stock for the E8
1. get rid of the JLT, get the oem box and a drop in filter...

2. ditch the canned tune. Get a custom flex fuel tune and start running e85

3. add long tubes or cat deletes to the mix

you should be somewhere in the 460 whp - 480 whp with just that
Why would I drop the JLT intake? I’ve already felt more responsiveness in the lower RPMs with the intake.

Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
Would I have to return my tune to stock for the E8

Why would I drop the JLT intake? I’ve already felt more responsiveness in the lower RPMs with the intake.
higher IAT. and what you felt its 99% in your mind... specially if you are running a canned tune... your stock box flows pretty good and also keeps your IAT pretty low.

i have a jlt intake... and with the canned tune, the car was doing the same numbers as stock... no whp change at all and the IAT sky high when you are not moving. Until you get a custom tune, everything you feel is just in your head

if i had to do it again, I'll stick to my original setup without the JLT and use that money on something else

txpat3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue PP1 5.0
higher IAT. and what you felt its 99% in your mind... specially if you are running a canned tune... your stock box flows pretty good and also keeps your IAT pretty low.

i have a jlt intake... and with the canned tune, the car was doing the same numbers as stock... no whp change at all and the IAT sky high when you are not moving. Until you get a custom tune, everything you feel is just in your head

if i had to do it again, I'll stick to my original setup without the JLT and use that money on something else
Same boat.. wish I had kept my stock intake instead of going with the PMAS.
Sponsored