TheNetcode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT (Manual, Base)
Hey guys,

I’m currently a new owner of a 2019 Mustang GT base model with a manual transmission.

I’m definitely looking to add a little more power to the car, but not too crazy in that will affect reliability. I’m more of a YouTube mechanic, so basic issues I think I can handle.

So far, I’ve recently installed a JLT cold air intake with a tune and a 93 octane tune as well. I will also be having some Ford Performance 1” drop springs installed on Wednesday.

I guess my question is, what other mods would you recommend to possibly get closer to 500 whp without affecting reliability too much?

Please take it easy on me lol…I’m a newbie to this forum. Thank you guys.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
LTHs, x or h-pipe, and custom tune for E85 should get you close. My 2019 Bullitt is a FBO car and it made 469 rwhp on a Lund Racing E85 tune.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Florida? Go longtubes and catback. I combine that with e85 and a tune to puts you neck and neck with a GT350 on power (actually 20-30 more rwtq), and not hard to do if you are comfortable with a basic socket set, jackstands, and plenty of patience. Affects drivability in the good way.

OP
OP

TheNetcode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
Florida? Go longtubes and catback. I combine that with e85 and a tune to puts you neck and neck with a GT350 on power (actually 20-30 more rwtq), and not hard to do if you are comfortable with a basic socket set, jackstands, and plenty of patience. Affects drivability in the good way.
I appreciate the response. I would like to know if I need a flex fuel kit or can I just directly use E85 in my mustang and just use the Lund E85 tune?

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate the response. I would like to know if I need a flex fuel kit or can I just directly use E85 in my mustang and just use the Lund E85 tune?
I've honestly never even put non-e85 in the car. First thing I did was a flex tune, then filled it up with e85 and mixed it in with whatever was in the tank, drove it around to burn off whatever was in it, and then next fill-up was straight e85, never looked back. I am a full-time racecar, but if you have good quality and available e85, I see no reason why you wouldn't run it, to be honest.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Flex tunes are nice if you have inconsistent E content or your E content is lower than E85. Some people say E70 is good enough but I will switch from my E85R tune to the flex tune if my E content tests out at E75 or lower. The flex tune allows you to run low quality E 85, high quality E85, 93 octane or any mixture of the 3.

However, from my personal experience, the strictly E85 tune (meaning it needs high quality/content E) pulls harder and overall drives better. However, the flex tune is still great for if you’re looking for ease of use.

OP
OP

TheNetcode

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
Flex tunes are nice if you have inconsistent E content or your E content is lower than E85. Some people say E70 is good enough but I will switch from my E85R tune to the flex tune if my E content tests out at E75 or lower. The flex tune allows you to run low quality E 85, high quality E85, 93 octane or any mixture of the 3.

However, from my personal experience, the strictly E85 tune (meaning it needs high quality/content E) pulls harder and overall drives better. However, the flex tune is still great for if you’re looking for ease of use.
I have a SCT BDX tuner that I bought along with JLT intake. Do you guys know if one of the preloaded tunes will include a flex fuel option? Or would I have to purchase an E85 tune from Lund?

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Welcome.
You chose the correct transmission. 😁

lighting-fuse-tmb.jpg

Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I have a SCT BDX tuner that I bought along with JLT intake. Do you guys know if one of the preloaded tunes will include a flex fuel option? Or would I have to purchase an E85 tune from Lund?
Where did you purchase it from? If from a vendor it likely came loaded with a tune for the intake but if it didn’t explicitly say it came with a tune for E85 it’s unlikely that it has one.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Get yourself a Flex and an E85R tune and you’ll be set. I have both and a 93 pump gas tune, but my car lives on my Flex tune unless I use nitrous. If you plan on getting LTHs, I would wait until you get those installed before you do it though. It’ll save you some money and net you the biggest gains.

txpat3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue PP1 5.0
This thread is reviving my thoughts about going with a flex/E85 tune. So just to be clear, the S550 can utilize one of these tunes without any additional modifications? I have LTH, CAI, and currently running a Lund 93 tune.

Would be nice to get a flex tune if it can run on 93 or E85 so that I can fill up with E85 when available. Thanks!

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I beleive lund does not tune on SCT Devices

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
This thread is reviving my thoughts about going with a flex/E85 tune. So just to be clear, the S550 can utilize one of these tunes without any additional modifications? I have LTH, CAI, and currently running a Lund 93 tune.

Would be nice to get a flex tune if it can run on 93 or E85 so that I can fill up with E85 when available. Thanks!
2018+ mustangs just need a tune. 17 lower need injectors or something like that i believe
Sponsored