Sponsored

New '16 GT PP owner.. autox and road course wheels / tires

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I'm not sure what you consider super affordable? 340 a wheel isn't that bad at all. But it's certainly not your cheap $100 budget wheel
Sponsored

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
We seem to have different definitions for "Super affordable" :(
There are 3 basic classes/groups/types of aluminum wheels: 1)low pressure cast; 2)flow formed; 3)fully forged. Low pressure cast being the least expensive compared to the other two. As you go up in types, the wheels are lighter. A flow formed wheel is lighter for the same physical size in comparison to a cast wheel. Reduces unsprung weight giving better handling and quicker acceleration. No free lunch... added benefits aren't free. Fully forged is another step up in price for further reduction in weight and additional strength. I think Paul was referring to the OP's wants/needs. Very difficult to buy French champagne at generic beer prices. Your wants/needs may be different than the OP's.

That is all...

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Well its safe to say we do give the best package pricing out there :thumbsup:

Better than safe to say. Buddy congrats on the purchase def listen to this guy he def knows his wheels and what works and what won't. Gave me the best deal on my wheels and was great to deal with. Love my wheels I told him what I wanted for stance and what I expected out of them and he hooked me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Have you considered the Advanti HY Hybris. Niz55 has them on his car as well as other members. They can be had in a 19x9.5 inch square configuration, are flow form forged and insanely light (20 pounds). I also like the look - clean and menacing.
Tirerack has them for pretty cheap and I'm sure one of our forum vendors do as well.

Dont get me wrong, I love the MRR FS01's and have been chatting with N4S (they are awesome), but this wheel should be a serious contender and I think a better and lighter alternative than the SVE Drifts (much lighter, those are 24 or 26 pounds a wheel). I think they are the lightest 19 inch wheel I've seen in this width.

The only disadvantage I see with those wheels (which is why I havent jumped on them) is 1) they cant be cut to the exact offset you may want. For example, N4S has cut 19x10's for members to give them an aggressive perfectly flush/slight poke square stance (I cant see this being an issue for the reason you want the wheel) 2) they are not 10 inches wide, so probably best for a 275 section tire although you could probably fit a 285.

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Well with the black friday sale we have the wheels that most ppl want are on some insane specials.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Well with the black friday sale we have the wheels that most ppl want are on some insane specials.
Man, I'd be all over that (and some other mods I want for my ride). Unfortunately, I am paying 43K for replacing siding for my house. So all this stuff is pushed to next year. :doh:

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Man, I'd be all over that (and some other mods I want for my ride). Unfortunately, I am paying 43K for replacing siding for my house. So all this stuff is pushed to next year. :doh:
Ouch, I feel you man I mean house comes first before the car, but dont worry whenever your ready ill be here to help.

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Know the feeling... put off buying the Mustang for a year. Wanted to get the house paid off.

However, you can live in your car. You can't drive your house! ;)

That is all...

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Know the feeling... put off buying the Mustang for a year. Wanted to get the house paid off.

That is all...
Good point !

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT

That is all...
LOL! you guys!
We moved in last year, and its been $$$ ever since. Happy I got the Stang in when I did.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
LOL! you guys!
We moved in last year, and its been $$$ ever since. Happy I got the Stang in when I did.

We just remodeled our house about 2 years ago that was a mission now we are finishing the back, lets just say funds on thelets have fun account are shifting to lets remodel the backyard and get my mom a garden andnew shed account lol.

OP
OP
NightmareMoon

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
We'll I've got a much better idea what I need to save up to get into a set now.

As for tires, I've done the max-performance RE11/71 on the street in my Miata days and for my dollar, R compounds are more fun. Aggressive soft street tires are good if you're trying to keep to one set of wheels though.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
We'll I've got a much better idea what I need to save up to get into a set now.

As for tires, I've done the max-performance RE11/71 on the street in my Miata days and for my dollar, R compounds are more fun. Aggressive soft street tires are good if you're trying to keep to one set of wheels though.
The Re-71R is a awesome tire.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR