Sponsored

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
GTR's do nothing but break. Just look at the BS at this years T2K.
I certainly won't say they don't break - but at this years TX2K - they literally won everything - even beating out the near double displacement and four more cylinders UGR twin turbo Huracans. For a platform - and a V6 - these are 2500-3000 whp builds - running mid 6's at 225+ MPH which is a tough act to follow. So much so - it is the quickest and fastest AWD platform in the world. So breaking is expected. Expensive habit though lol.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Very. Alot brought multiple spare engines and transmissions haha.
That is true. When Gidi broke the record again - he had four transmissions and one spare engine with him. One of which (engine and trans) they needed. That said again - at 3000 whp - I don't know if that is unexpected.

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
Congrats on the build - super subscribed to see your times and MPH! I am somewhat familiar with the turbo kit as I have come over from the GTR world - and the GTX3582's/GTX3584's are just fantastic turbo setups. I believe the 3584's have went 7's even in a full weight barge size R35 so you will do very well! I have a Gen V Whipple setup that I am waiting on - not venturing back into the turbo side (that I totally prefer over supercharging to be honest) - and we have some similar parts. I may have overdone it with my fuel setup though checking the pumps you chose for the this setup. I am only running 1300cc injector - but I have triple 285's. Gen V when I build the engine next season will be 1000+ but for now I won't likely be higher than 900-950 whp I am guessing. As I am not familiar with S550 builds - this is my first - how did you spec out fuel needs? And I am assuming you are doing just fine running those numbers (which is about peak for that turbo setup - maybe 1450). I guess I can't have enough fuel - but interested to learn a thing or two. I also wanted to confirm if you went Circle D 258mm and McLeod clutch packs?

Thank-you sir!

*just saw your sig - numbers are amazing and you hit 1419 and 1175 at only 28 psi - that is crazy pants. Well done!
Off topic but I thought that name looked familiar. Why the switch from the GTR?

Sponsored

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Off topic but I thought that name looked familiar. Why the switch from the GTR?
Being honest - it really was two things...1) we had accomplished what we set out to do and being fair to Wildhorse 2) they are much more costly and sometimes challenging to maintain if you are at the track all of the time (which we were). I enjoyed that car - and wanted to simplify. I got away from modding altogether for about two seasons. Mustang wa s the first quick/fast car I ever owned (88 Notch) and I was good friends with the two biggest Mustang Shops here for over 30 years - so I thought it would be a nice full circle to bookend my modding with the S550. No records to fight for - just a car that I could drive to the track if I wanted to - race on a test and tune day or a competition/rental and put down some reasonable times - have a fun day - and go back home. I have always been a Ford guy - even though I was most recently in a Chevy lol. They always seem to be within my orbit. The Coyote is such a stout platform - as Deadspools build proves. That setup - is going to going to cause some salty tears in more than a few people and their rides...almost makes me want to go big power again...almost lol.

* Does this mean you were in a GTR at one point as well?

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
Being honest - it really was two things...1) we had accomplished what we set out to do and being fair to Wildhorse 2) they are much more costly and sometimes challenging to maintain if you are at the track all of the time (which we were). I enjoyed that car - and wanted to simplify. I got away from modding altogether for about two seasons. Mustang wa s the first quick/fast car I ever owned (88 Notch) and I was good friends with the two biggest Mustang Shops here for over 30 years - so I thought it would be a nice full circle to bookend my modding with the S550. No records to fight for - just a car that I could drive to the track if I wanted to - race on a test and tune day or a competition/rental and put down some reasonable times - have a fun day - and go back home. I have always been a Ford guy - even though I was most recently in a Chevy lol. They always seem to be within my orbit. The Coyote is such a stout platform - as Deadspools build proves. That setup - is going to going to cause some salty tears in more than a few people and their rides...almost makes me want to go big power again...almost lol.

* Does this mean you were in a GTR at one point as well?
Ah ok, all of that makes perfect sense lol. Yeah, I've got a couple of friends with 18XXhp GTRs and 1 of them, his is always breaking (even though he made fun of my mustang for doing the same initially haha), which is what made me look up GTR parts out of curiosity and to compare..and Jesus, I don't know how anyone can afford to keep breaking those cars. The GTR tax is real and I wouldn't blame anyone for including that in their list of reasons. And nah, I was never in a GTR but remember the username from NAGTROC. At the time I was coming from the Supra world and really didn't have any interest in the GTR...until everyone from the community started leaving to give GTRs a shot and noticed that pretty quickly GTRs started taking over, so I moved over to that forum just to pick up some knowledge on the platform in case I were to ever hop into one. It's been some years since i've been over there but I still remember a few names and yours was one of them lol. I think you had an Alpha12 at the time?

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ah ok, all of that makes perfect sense lol. Yeah, I've got a couple of friends with 18XXhp GTRs and 1 of them, his is always breaking (even though he made fun of my mustang for doing the same initially haha), which is what made me look up GTR parts out of curiosity and to compare..and Jesus, I don't know how anyone can afford to keep breaking those cars. The GTR tax is real and I wouldn't blame anyone for including that in their list of reasons. And nah, I was never in a GTR but remember the username from NAGTROC. At the time I was coming from the Supra world and really didn't have any interest in the GTR...until everyone from the community started leaving to give GTRs a shot and noticed that pretty quickly GTRs started taking over, so I moved over to that forum just to pick up some knowledge on the platform in case I were to ever hop into one. It's been some years since i've been over there but I still remember a few names and yours was one of them lol. I think you had an Alpha12 at the time?
Cool - and yes - it is extremely expensive (clutch is about 12-15K USD as is the Trans) lol - I was fortunate to be sponsored for every build I had or else I could not have done it. I had an Alpha 16 at my top build back in 2014/2015. Bigger build GTR know what grit is to keep their builds going - especially when it is close to the envelope. My build at the time was near the top and there were head gasket (lifting) issues that now don't exist because of the R&D we put in...It was fulfilling and painful at the same time lol.

I now un-derail this thread back to the OP's awesome build!

OP
OP
DeadSpool

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
Lol - That is who I thought it was - I and my Shop know Ryan. He was there in the beginning like myself in the Canadian modded GTR world - and really worked at it while no one else was (the West Coast me lol). He and I were fighting for low 8's at the same time back in the day (2014-2015) lol. He went through a lot of builds and kept going - loads of respect there.
I went a bit ballistic with the supporting mods for my S550 because of my GTR experience. They could break if you didn't. I did the half shafts which I think are 1400's - I am not too sure - but I did the QA1 carbon fibre driveshaft specifically as I didn't know how strong the aluminum were. Same went for the Circle D and clutch packs. I am about 60% your power level - but I may go full engine build next season. That all said - I think you will be fine - and you may as well find out now anyway. That said - parts are scarce right now - so maybe order now just in case? It's taken me over 16 weeks to get my Whipple. 165+ MPH will be a mid 8 all day - I have no doubt despite the ugly DA you have that you can get there. Not sure if there are any US tracks somewhat near you and with more pleasant DA you can try? That said - you know anyway. Whatever you get at 5000 DA - at 2000 or below elevation you would be at probably near a full second quicker and 10+ MPH faster. So it is what it is. It is a serious build - and I would guess one of if not the quickest S550 out West? Good luck out there!
Oh that’s awesome! He’s a good guy, small world. Oh ya I’m sure you guys did a lot of r&d out there! Lol.

Yes it sounds like you built for future. I usually always build back to front but since my ring let go last yr the engine was spur of the moment and with fueling and everything else I just didn’t have the budget to upgrade everything else. I’m pretty sure half shafts and converters shouldn’t be too scarce, made in the USA. Lol

If everything holds together and I can make a few hero passes at rentals I should see those times but anything can happen so I don’t get cocky. I don’t know about the fastest but I should be up there I would think.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Oh that’s awesome! He’s a good guy, small world. Oh ya I’m sure you guys did a lot of r&d out there! Lol.

Yes it sounds like you built for future. I usually always build back to front but since my ring let go last yr the engine was spur of the moment and with fueling and everything else I just didn’t have the budget to upgrade everything else. I’m pretty sure half shafts and converters shouldn’t be too scarce, made in the USA. Lol

If everything holds together and I can make a few hero passes at rentals I should see those times but anything can happen so I don’t get cocky. I don’t know about the fastest but I should be up there I would think.
Don't worry - almost no one has the full budget to do any build - because it never ends lol...Being honest I am not familiar with the drags scene there - but I am fairly confident that you will be one of the quickest if not the quickest running a 1400+ whp S550. Mid 8's at about 165+ - only because of your DA or it would be 175 and in the high 7's - I think you won't have much to worry about.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DeadSpool

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
I don't have much to say other than that I absolute love this build. Please enjoy every second of it and give it hell!
Sorry missed this comment. Thanks man appreciate it!

OP
OP
DeadSpool

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
Don't worry - almost no one has the full budget to do any build - because it never ends lol...Being honest I am not familiar with the drags scene there - but I am fairly confident that you will be one of the quickest if not the quickest running a 1400+ whp S550. Mid 8's at about 165+ - only because of your DA or it would be 175 and in the high 7's - I think you won't have much to worry about.
Lol fair enough. Oh ya one of the quickest but I know of one other s550 that has ALOT of money put in it, oringed, tubular front etc and think he makes around 1600 at 36psi.

Yes it definitely would be nice to see at sea level but until I’m legal I’m not trailering more than my local tracks which are still 5-6hrs away. Lol

GenerousLemon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT and 1999 Ranger V8 swapped
A friend of mine has a 1600 horse car. It went 8.61@162 on 1200hp boost. He ran out of fuel pump at 1600hp, 34 lbs of boost and EOneR. He has the same fuel system as you. His car is an 18 though so he is currently fighting trans issues.

OP
OP
DeadSpool

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
A friend of mine has a 1600 horse car. It went 8.61@162 on 1200hp boost. He ran out of fuel pump at 1600hp, 34 lbs of boost and EOneR. He has the same fuel system as you. His car is an 18 though so he is currently fighting trans issues.
Very nice. Ya that’s about what I expect, what does he have for trans, built 6r80?

GenerousLemon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT and 1999 Ranger V8 swapped
Very nice. Ya that’s about what I expect, what does he have for trans, built 6r80?
Stage 1 10R80. But he just pulled it to get a stage two. The issue is the car just doesn’t want to shift under power.
Sponsored