2016 GTT

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Awesome build! I look forward to seeing it on the strip.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Impressive... I'm surprised you didn't break the dyno...!!!!

Anyone who thinks the Coyote engine platform is not special, is just plain kookie!

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
A boy can dream right. Lol

Billet Pro Shop sleeved longblock (Gen 3 block, Gen 2 heads, pac springs)
Mahle pistons
Manley I beam rods
12:1
Armageddon TT kit w/ GTX3582r’s
Fore Fuel system, triple Walbro 460 274 pumps, ID1700 injectors.
Brett Lasala Built 6r80w w/ planetary
BMR/Viking suspension
Congrats on the build - super subscribed to see your times and MPH! I am somewhat familiar with the turbo kit as I have come over from the GTR world - and the GTX3582's/GTX3584's are just fantastic turbo setups. I believe the 3584's have went 7's even in a full weight barge size R35 so you will do very well! I have a Gen V Whipple setup that I am waiting on - not venturing back into the turbo side (that I totally prefer over supercharging to be honest) - and we have some similar parts. I may have overdone it with my fuel setup though checking the pumps you chose for the this setup. I am only running 1300cc injector - but I have triple 285's. Gen V when I build the engine next season will be 1000+ but for now I won't likely be higher than 900-950 whp I am guessing. As I am not familiar with S550 builds - this is my first - how did you spec out fuel needs? And I am assuming you are doing just fine running those numbers (which is about peak for that turbo setup - maybe 1450). I guess I can't have enough fuel - but interested to learn a thing or two. I also wanted to confirm if you went Circle D 258mm and McLeod clutch packs?

Thank-you sir!

*just saw your sig - numbers are amazing and you hit 1419 and 1175 at only 28 psi - that is crazy pants. Well done!

OP
OP
DeadSpool

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
Awesome build! I look forward to seeing it on the strip.
Thanks bud!

Impressive... I'm surprised you didn't break the dyno...!!!!

Anyone who thinks the Coyote engine platform is not special, is just plain kookie!
Haha, I think most dynos go up to 2500rwhp.

Congrats on the build - super subscribed to see your times and MPH! I am somewhat familiar with the turbo kit as I have come over from the GTR world - and the GTX3582's/GTX3584's are just fantastic turbo setups. I believe the 3584's have went 7's even in a full weight barge size R35 so you will do very well! I have a Gen V Whipple setup that I am waiting on - not venturing back into the turbo side (that I totally prefer over supercharging to be honest) - and we have some similar parts. I may have overdone it with my fuel setup though checking the pumps you chose for the this setup. I am only running 1300cc injector - but I have triple 285's. Gen V when I build the engine next season will be 1000+ but for now I won't likely be higher than 900-950 whp I am guessing. As I am not familiar with S550 builds - this is my first - how did you spec out fuel needs? And I am assuming you are doing just fine running those numbers (which is about peak for that turbo setup - maybe 1450). I guess I can't have enough fuel - but interested to learn a thing or two. I also wanted to confirm if you went Circle D 258mm and McLeod clutch packs?

Thank-you sir!

*just saw your sig - numbers are amazing and you hit 1419 and 1175 at only 28 psi - that is crazy pants. Well done!
Very nice, I did t realize that GTR guys use these turbos but good to know! Sounds like you have a pretty good setup aswell.

I went with 274’s cause that’s what everyone recommended. I flowbenched them and they can handle a lot. Also lund said I had plenty of fuel even after the 28psi pull. I went with id1700s cause my id1300’s at 24psi would have been maxed on E85 according to Lund. Also made new lines and changed my setup to parallel from series. He also mentioned that 30-31psi would have maxed out the maf. Was seening 14hz at 28psi. At 15hz everything gets wonky and have to change over to a stand-alone Holley efi, etc. Pretty sure maxed out would be around 1500rwhp.

No I just have the circle d 2b. I’m guessing I’ll have to step it up in the near future.
Thanks man!

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks bud!

Haha, I think most dynos go up to 2500rwhp.

Very nice, I did t realize that GTR guys use these turbos but good to know! Sounds like you have a pretty good setup aswell.

I went with 274’s cause that’s what everyone recommended. I flowbenched them and they can handle a lot. Also lund said I had plenty of fuel even after the 28psi pull. I went with id1700s cause my id1300’s at 24psi would have been maxed on E85 according to Lund. Also made new lines and changed my setup to parallel from series. He also mentioned that 30-31psi would have maxed out the maf. Was seening 14hz at 28psi. At 15hz everything gets wonky and have to change over to a stand-alone Holley efi, etc. Pretty sure maxed out would be around 1500rwhp.

No I just have the circle d 2b. I’m guessing I’ll have to step it up in the near future.
Thanks man!
Awesome! Thank-you for the detailed answer. First - yes - the GT35X turbos are what were on an Alpha 12 GTR - which was good for about the same power on the V6 - but at a much higher psi (probably 35-37 psi). I had the older 3794's which made more power but were so laggy in comparison - and that is what the X version are so much for - spool. You may not be road course spool level lol - but for drivability and Mexico runs - it is really solid and responsive (I was fortunate to help test some of the first GTR builds with this setup). I had no question about you using 1700's for your injector - I think as long as it handles the fuel they are better than ID2000's as they can be rough at start up and idle on their own (most GTR setups have 12 injector; 1300/2000 to smooth that out). I also think there is something to keeping within tolerances and being overengineered. Staying at your power level and not needing to go stand alone (which has pluses and minuses) - is in my opinion the way to go. When I went with my bigger setup which was a stand alone - it was more complicated - and that additional power while quicker and faster meant a lot more Shop time. With my build before that one - around 1100 whp - I had near zero issues for 3 seasons. So the trans - I honestly have no idea what the 2B can take - I do know it drives better though. At your power level - I would guess you will need it. Clutches - also not too sure - but guessing yes. I was also told about this "iron chunk" diff from the base V6's that help to prevent the aluminum diff ears from breaking off (Lethal uses it). AT this point I am stick with what I have and seeing how it goes. When I do the motor next season I may "upgrade". I am excited to see what you run with this setup - pending your 60' - I do think 7's are a given - and with those numbers 175+ MPH. That is a solid setup! Subscribed!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
DeadSpool

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
Awesome! Thank-you for the detailed answer. First - yes - the GT35X turbos are what were on an Alpha 12 GTR - which was good for about the same power on the V6 - but at a much higher psi (probably 35-37 psi). I had the older 3794's which made more power but were so laggy in comparison - and that is what the X version are so much for - spool. You may not be road course spool level lol - but for drivability and Mexico runs - it is really solid and responsive (I was fortunate to help test some of the first GTR builds with this setup). I had no question about you using 1700's for your injector - I think as long as it handles the fuel they are better than ID2000's as they can be rough at start up and idle on their own (most GTR setups have 12 injector; 1300/2000 to smooth that out). I also think there is something to keeping within tolerances and being overengineered. Staying at your power level and not needing to go stand alone (which has pluses and minuses) - is in my opinion the way to go. When I went with my bigger setup which was a stand alone - it was more complicated - and that additional power while quicker and faster meant a lot more Shop time. With my build before that one - around 1100 whp - I had near zero issues for 3 seasons. So the trans - I honestly have no idea what the 2B can take - I do know it drives better though. At your power level - I would guess you will need it. Clutches - also not too sure - but guessing yes. I was also told about this "iron chunk" diff from the base V6's that help to prevent the aluminum diff ears from breaking off (Lethal uses it). AT this point I am stick with what I have and seeing how it goes. When I do the motor next season I may "upgrade". I am excited to see what you run with this setup - pending your 60' - I do think 7's are a given - and with those numbers 175+ MPH. That is a solid setup! Subscribed!
Good to knowall the GTR knowledge, I don’t know much about thier setups. I know a guy in Calgary that has the quickest or one of the quickest GTRs in Canada. 1700rwhp and low 7’s.

Ya I’d like to stay with the stock ecu, I don’t plan on adding anymore power, atleast for the next few years. Not sure which clutches Brett used in the trans but I know they were done. Yes I’m pretty sure halfshafts, diff and tc will have to be upgraded again, hopefully I can get the season out of what I have now though, guess we will see.

Thanks man, but no this will not see 7’s or that mph, especially at the tracks out here and our elevations but will be swinging for the fences!

@DeadSpool once maf is maxed out, you can increase maf tube diameter and tuner can rescale.
Good to know, but no plans on adding more power anytime soon.

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Good to knowall the GTR knowledge, I don’t know much about thier setups. I know a guy in Calgary that has the quickest or one of the quickest GTRs in Canada. 1700rwhp and low 7’s.

Ya I’d like to stay with the stock ecu, I don’t plan on adding anymore power, atleast for the next few years. Not sure which clutches Brett used in the trans but I know they were done. Yes I’m pretty sure halfshafts, diff and tc will have to be upgraded again, hopefully I can get the season out of what I have now though, guess we will see.

Thanks man, but no this will not see 7’s or that mph, especially at the tracks out here and our elevations but will be swinging for the fences!

Good to know, but no plans on adding more power anytime soon.
Sounds good - I forgot abut your elevation!...What is your DA? My A16 was about the same power level...I don't think anyone out West has gone low 7's (and 1700 wouldn't be enough for that ET). We have a GTR from our Shop here that ran 7.5's but he has ~1900-2000 whp. Question; are you saying you have not done half shafts - or you are worried you will break them?
At 1400 - I would say that you are 165+ at your weight (even at your elevation)? Out of interest - what are you expecting/hoping for (ET/MPH)?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeadSpool

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
Sounds good - I forgot abut your elevation!...What is your DA? My A16 was about the same power level...I don't think anyone out West has gone low 7's (and 1700 wouldn't be enough for that ET). We have a GTR from our Shop here that ran 7.5's but he has ~1900-2000 whp. Question; are you saying you have not done half shafts - or you are worried you will break them?
At 1400 - I would say that you are 165+ at your weight (even at your elevation)? Out of interest - what are you expecting/hoping for (ET/MPH)?
From like 2500-5000 DA. My bad, he’s high 7’s. Here’s Ryan’s IG. He always goes to T2K.
Half shafts were done 2yrs ago but can’t remember if they were DSS 1400 or 1600hp. Also just have a DSS aluminum DS. Ya I think any where up to 165mph. Since I’m not legal I’m not sure if I’ll even get a chance to run it right out this season but would like mid 8’s.
5D7FD340-2BA1-4DAD-AA58-EEE2E8C59DE6.png

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
From like 2500-5000 DA. My bad, he’s high 7’s. Here’s Ryan’s IG. He always goes to T2K.
Half shafts were done 2yrs ago but can’t remember if they were DSS 1400 or 1600hp. Also just have a DSS aluminum DS. Ya I think any where up to 165mph. Since I’m not legal I’m not sure if I’ll even get a chance to run it right out this season but would like mid 8’s.
5D7FD340-2BA1-4DAD-AA58-EEE2E8C59DE6.png
Lol - That is who I thought it was - I and my Shop know Ryan. He was there in the beginning like myself in the Canadian modded GTR world - and really worked at it while no one else was (the West Coast me lol). He and I were fighting for low 8's at the same time back in the day (2014-2015) lol. He went through a lot of builds and kept going - loads of respect there.
I went a bit ballistic with the supporting mods for my S550 because of my GTR experience. They could break if you didn't. I did the half shafts which I think are 1400's - I am not too sure - but I did the QA1 carbon fibre driveshaft specifically as I didn't know how strong the aluminum were. Same went for the Circle D and clutch packs. I am about 60% your power level - but I may go full engine build next season. That all said - I think you will be fine - and you may as well find out now anyway. That said - parts are scarce right now - so maybe order now just in case? It's taken me over 16 weeks to get my Whipple. 165+ MPH will be a mid 8 all day - I have no doubt despite the ugly DA you have that you can get there. Not sure if there are any US tracks somewhat near you and with more pleasant DA you can try? That said - you know anyway. Whatever you get at 5000 DA - at 2000 or below elevation you would be at probably near a full second quicker and 10+ MPH faster. So it is what it is. It is a serious build - and I would guess one of if not the quickest S550 out West? Good luck out there!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase