Never Normal Mode

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Oh well, I will deal with the issue, just doesnt feel like it should.
Why would you deal with something that doesn't feel right? Maybe there is an issue that can be resolved. I'm guessing you haven't reached out to Roush yet.

Try re-setting the learned parameters by unplugging the battery for 20-30 minutes.
Certainly worth a try.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Here's a good example...it was 29° on the way in to work, normally I drive in My Mode which is Sport+ with Sport exhaust. Because the car has summer only tires, when it's dark and under 40° I use Normal mode and toggle the exhaust to sport/track. The traction control is a bit more aggressive and keeps the rear end in line (mostly). If it's raining, wet/snow mode for even more stability. Still want it to default to My Mode, but at least it's a hard switch to toggle to the different modes.

JK XLR8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JK
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Roushcharged
Why would you deal with something that doesn't feel right? Maybe there is an issue that can be resolved. I'm guessing you haven't reached out to Roush yet.
Have an appt with the dealer Feb 1st, I'll update after what they think.

Certainly worth a try.
I will give that a shot.

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
I just wish I could revert the steering back to normal or comfort even, with the throttle sensitivity going to Sport mode.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I just wish I could revert the steering back to normal or comfort even, with the throttle sensitivity going to Sport mode.
Why can't you? I switch between Normal, Sport and Track and my steering setting remains in Comfort the whole time. I thought steering settings were could be controlled independently?

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Why can't you? I switch between Normal, Sport and Track and my steering setting remains in Comfort the whole time. I thought steering settings were could be controlled independently?
With my 2015, I could. With my 2019, it says it can't.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
With my 2015, I could. With my 2019, it says it can't.
So when you go into S with the shifter (or Sport with the button) it changes your steering setting? What happens if after you do that you hit the button to go back to Comfort steering? Does it bump you out of Sport back to Normal?

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
MyMode on my 19’. Drive mode = Sport, Steering = Normal, Active Exhaust = Track.
now i have to go check but im pretty sure this is how mine works. '19 GT premium PP1. ive put it in sport via shifter or sport plus via the toggle and then specifically changed the steering toggle just to see what it would do. from what i recall, it stayed in sport/sport + and also allowed me to change the steering setting.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Yes, there's dedicated steering toggle that allows to change it in any mode (21MY). The 2 things that are hardcoded to the modes are throttle maps and magneride in a sense that I cannot mix Track throttle with Sport magneride setting. Oh, and TC setting isn't saved in MyMode, it's always back on after car restart.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'd be interested in a test sometime with a passenger in my car whose 10spd is badly shifting - I'm pretty sure that at least half the time I'm driving in Normal mode, most people not watching the dash or hearing the rev change wouldn't even know the thing shifted, because it's so smooth. Makes me wonder how much difference there is from car to car.

I find it nice for puttering around with traffic, not having it rev out all the time. Plus, any time I need to downshift, I just pull the left paddle a few times and drop a few gears and go.

But yes, the other modes are great when you're on an open road really want to unwind, and/or want manual shifting.

TheGame1190

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
It says "steering mode not available", or something like that, and doesn't change it.
You cant change the steering mode if you have magneride
1642063448455.png

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the toggle switch only allows change when in 'normal' (although I haven't tried it in the winter mode) :like:

WD :like:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible
Normal mode goes through 10 gears by 45 mph and they aren't linear. So, it's going to be hard to predict unless you drive with an egg shell under the gas pedal.

110 - Moddiction - 1