Sponsored

Need Steering rack and pinion for mustang ecoboost 2019.

edwargar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LMBKAUDIO
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2019
Hello, everyone. Power steering went out. Dealer says i need to replace entire rack and pinion. My part is jr3c3d070bg, i was searching ebay for used one and all of them have either BD, CD, BH letters at the end though part looks the same with mine. Any idea are they interchangeable? Asking because will have to replace myself since dealer is charging too much (car is out of warranty). Also i would buy if anyone has one for sale. Thank you.
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
In Ford's part numbering system, the letters at the end are revisions, with higher letters denoting a later revision meaning that a BH is revised and possibly better than your BG

Also, the part number system is broken down into 3 groups, the first group indicates when the part was designed by the year and the vehicle line the part is for. The second group tells you what the part is. In your case the 3D070 indicates an electric power steering rack and that number would be the same for all vehicle lines. The third group is for the revisions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
edwargar

edwargar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LMBKAUDIO
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2019
Thank you for reply. So, BH will replace BG without compatibility issues?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
It should

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
FWIW, my daughters Focus had its electric power steering go out. I changed it out for her to save some money and the savings were significant. I used a new (Rebuilt) part I found online. It came with a warranty and I was unwilling to trust a used part since the repair is a monstrous pita.
Anyway, it's doable on jackstands but a lift would be a godsend if you have access to one. You will absolutely need help. Getting it out is not all that bad but the subframe does need to be dropped as that's what the steering rack bolts to. Our biggest problem was wiggling it back into position but once it was seated reassembly wasn't bad. It took my son and I about 7 hours with a lunch break in there somewhere.
I highly recommend getting the FSM but you may be able to find a YouTube to get you through it.
Good luck.

OP
OP
edwargar

edwargar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LMBKAUDIO
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2019
FWIW, my daughters Focus had its electric power steering go out. I changed it out for her to save some money and the savings were significant. I used a new (Rebuilt) part I found online. It came with a warranty and I was unwilling to trust a used part since the repair is a monstrous pita.
Anyway, it's doable on jackstands but a lift would be a godsend if you have access to one. You will absolutely need help. Getting it out is not all that bad but the subframe does need to be dropped as that's what the steering rack bolts to. Our biggest problem was wiggling it back into position but once it was seated reassembly wasn't bad. It took my son and I about 7 hours with a lunch break in there somewhere.
I highly recommend getting the FSM but you may be able to find a YouTube to get you through it.
Good luck.
Yes, i decided to go to professional repair shop.
Sponsored