wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Nice!!!

Silly question: how do you have your rear plate mounted. Mine is held in place with a bracket and two screws and it flaps when I blow dry the rear.
I went to auto parts store and bought some slotted rubber o-rings and put them in the bottom holes of the plate to use as stand offs. They do a decent job.
Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I went to auto parts store and bought some slotted rubber o-rings and put them in the bottom holes of the plate to use as stand offs. They do a decent job.
So, the top screws are attached and you used to slotted o-rings to act as bumpers on the bottom? How thick and do you have any part numbers or pictures of the o-rings?
Thanks.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
So, the top screws are attached and you used to slotted o-rings to act as bumpers on the bottom? How thick and do you have any part numbers or pictures of the o-rings?
Thanks.
I believe what he is describing is a grommet.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I found these... make sense to use these?

2021-06-02_9-56-47.jpg
It shows an inner diameter of 26mm, which is over 1 inch. You need something the size of the hole on the bottom of the plate.

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
It shows an inner diameter of 26mm, which is over 1 inch. You need something the size of the hole on the bottom of the plate.
You wouldn't just attach the screw to them and have them act as bumper? Not sure why their diameter would need to match the plate hole.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
You wouldn't just attach the screw to them and have them act as bumper? Not sure why their diameter would need to match the plate hole.
Didnt realize you intend to install lower screws just thought you wanted rubber grommets in lower holes to act as cushions.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
My plate frame came with some rubber spacers for the 2 screws on the top, as well as matching spacers that had one side with 3m tape to adhere to the back of the plate. Effectively the plate sits on 4 soft rubber washers. Can’t remember how thick they are maybe 1/4”? And maybe 1/2” thick?

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Didnt realize you intend to install lower screws just thought you wanted rubber grommets in lower holes to act as cushions.
I thought that to hold the grommets in place, I would use screws. If I could find grommets that would fit in the existing bracket/plate that would work as well. If you could point me at grommets to fit the holes that would be great too. Thanks.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
I thought that to hold the grommets in place, I would use screws. If I could find grommets that would fit in the existing bracket/plate that would work as well. If you could point me at grommets to fit the holes that would be great too. Thanks.
I just went out to check mine and the upper screws hold the plate at an angle away from the bumper in such a manner that the bottom of the plate, unless you push on it, will never touch the bumper.
I found this at Advance Auto, just use a short screw.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...-961-351d/11911189-P?searchTerm=License plate

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Thanks.
Honestly I just bought a mixed size bag at the Autozone store and basically squeezed the round slotted o-ring into the oval hole. They hold the plate about an 1/8” off the bumper cover

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Honestly I just bought a mixed size bag at the Autozone store and basically squeezed the round slotted o-ring into the oval hole. They hold the plate about an 1/8” off the bumper cover
when you say bumper cover do you mean the space between the plate / plate bracket and the back of the car?

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my Owners Kit
Thanks Ford, nice touch!

h.jpg

g.jpg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Just got my Owners Kit
Thanks Ford, nice touch!

h.jpg

g.jpg
Got mine as well ! Very nice. So I guess everyone has the same blue car on the page with VIN and Chassis? I thought they messed up and used my original order info as I first had Blue non HP.
Sponsored