Sponsored

Need Some Help With An A/C Issue On My 2017 GT350....

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
Will that create any problems for me in the future?
It sounds like they had to extract the broken off studs from the block, which isn't an issue if they did it correctly and then just replaced them with new OEM studs. If you drove it home I really don't think you'll have any issues in the future.
Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Did they get it out and helicoil it? Or got it out and retapped it’s?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Didn't someone post earlier in the thread (or another AC issue thread) saying that if the bolts break they replace the entire engine because they aren't allowed to drill into the block?

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Didn't someone post earlier in the thread (or another AC issue thread) saying that if the bolts break they replace the entire engine because they aren't allowed to drill into the block?
Yeah, there have been at least 3 or 4 instances of this, but I can't find the threads. I'm pretty sure @EF300 had this issue as well as a couple other FL folks.

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Yeah, there have been at least 3 or 4 instances of this, but I can't find the threads. I'm pretty sure @EF300 had this issue as well as a couple other FL folks.
Yes 100% correct . This happened to me . Before they do anything to that block such as drilling to remove a broken bolt have them show you written authorization from Ford That they are allowed to do it. Otherwise it will grenade your warranty

In my case an AC bolt was put in incorrectly and stripped the threads on the block. The dealership was going to put a Heli coil in the block to fix it . I made them call Ford corporate to get written permission before proceeding. Ford said nope , replace the engine

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yes 100% correct . This happened to me . Before they do anything to that block such as drilling to remove a broken bolt have them show you written authorization from Ford That they are allowed to do it. Otherwise it will grenade your warranty

In my case an AC bolt was put in incorrectly and stripped the threads on the block. The dealership was going to put a Heli coil in the block to fix it . I made them call Ford corporate to get written permission before proceeding. Ford said nope , replace the engine
And the tech reason for not being able to Heli coil? Is it due to the location of the holes in the block that will affect the block's integrity?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
And the tech reason for not being able to Heli coil? Is it due to the location of the holes in the block that will affect the block's integrity?
they told me it was because Ford said they would not be able to reach the required torque spec of those bolts with a thread insert and Ford said no drilling on the block

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Does it seem like the threads are getting jacked up, or this is occurring because the tech (or the user) crossthreads the bolt during install?

I swapped my compressor before I knew this was such a topic, but my bolts went right back in no issue. I even added the tinest bit of anti-seize just to help with any galling into the aluminum block. Bolts torqued just fine. Yes, I've now learned about the new bolt requirement, but don't really get the justification behind that one. Most times, that's a TTY issue. My personal educated guess is it's simply to help avoid crossthreading or a bad cut if the bolt were to be suspect.

izo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White
I am on the call with Ford corporate- how can I reach to my regional rep? The woman at the other side of the line does not know what she can do about this.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I am on the call with Ford corporate- how can I reach to my regional rep? The woman at the other side of the line does not know what she can do about this.
Tell them you want to open a "case" due to the issue, that you need the concern elevated - if she can't help, then just say "I need to speak to a Supervisor"....

Reactions: izo

izo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White
Tell them you want to open a "case" due to the issue, that you need the concern elevated - if she can't help, then just say "I need to speak to a Supervisor"....
Thanks!

Voodoo 5.2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I had an issue last year with the same thing. I cant remeber the specific code, but the A/C would work, then stop blowing cold. I replaced the switch on the lines with a new switch. I bought a Ford OEM part BT4Z-19D594-A and replaced the switch. I have been blowing cold air ever since and have zero issues since. It was like $48. Seemed too easy but it seems to have fixed my problem.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
I have been having an issue with my A/C intermittently working for the last few months. It seems to work okay at low speed rpm (below 3K) but after driving it awhile (15 minutes or more) and then getting the rpm above 3k the A/C stop working (blows warm). Sometimes when the rpm slows down it kicks in and will blow cold again but other times it will not. I also noticed that the cooling fan comes on every time I start the car now, no matter if the engine is completely cold or not.

Today I finally got around to pulling out the FORScan and checking for codes and found a code related to the A/C system. Here is the code that I am getting:

P0532:00-68 A/C Refrigerant Pressure Sensor A Circuit Low

I did some research on the P0532 code and it sounds like it could be something as simple as a pressure sensor switch going bad all the way to a bad compressor or leak in the system somewhere.

My goal is to do as much troubleshooting as I can with this before having to resort taking the car to the dealer so I am hoping that some people on here have run into this issue before and have some suggestions on how to potentially trouble shoot/deal with it.

Let me know if you have run into this issue before and how you fixed it.

-Thanks
had the same symptoms after replacement of evaporator and compressor. Turns out it was a faulty schroeder hi low pressure valve which should have been changed after flushing the system.

OP
OP
loco_GT350

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I am resurrecting my old thread....

I wound up not dealing with this last summer and just letting it go as I was out of town a lot and not really driving the car. Now that another summer is upon us it is time to get this fixed.

I went out and did an A/C pressure reading today and it was reading 0 psi on both the low and high sides. I tried charging the system and the low side came up to about 40psi and the high side never read more than 50psi, the outside air temp was 70F.

Not sure what to do at this point to continue troubleshooting this to figure out how to get the system working again.

I am open to any suggestions on things to try for troubleshooting. If I don’t come up with any trouble shooting suggestions this week, my next step is to make an appointment with the dealer and have them look at it.
Sponsored