Sponsored

Need some help..I suck at search button. 17 GT, Race star 17" wheels, what front wheel size do I do

compucarnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I decided my car is never going to see any kind of high speed cornering because that's not really my thing, but I do like to occasionally take it to the race track. I also drive it to work 2-4 times a week but only on good weather days. I bought some Race Star 17x9.5's for the back and scored some M@H race master 275/50/17s for the rear. Got them mounted on the car and WOW, never been in a car I owned that hooks this well, I'm used to focusing too much on the motor and not enough on tires/suspension with my previous cars.

So my question is....obviously I want to buy matching Race Stars for the front....Since I drive this mostly on the street but I don't do any high speed cornering, should I go 18x5 with ?? tire or 17x7 with ???? size tire?

Keep in mind this car will probably never see rain or snow unless I get stuck in it.

Oh and the car is a basic bolt on 17 GT, dyno at 440HP at the wheel. 6 speed 3.55 gears

EDIT: oh and the car is not lowered but I plan on BMR drag springs in the near future
Sponsored

Stang8psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT
since you are doing a fair amount of street diving I would suggest a 17x7. The tires are cheaper then the Mickey or M&H front tires.
I just did 17x9.5 in the rear and 17x4.5 front. Although it looks killer and cut a ton of weight from my street wheels and tires, I regret not doing a 17x7 front for better control for and if I wanted to drive the car more.

OP
OP

compucarnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What peoples thoughts on the 18x5 for street driving or is that too skinny?
Sponsored