Sponsored

Need Reputable shop near Altamonte Springs to replace clutch on a '16 v6.

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Any reputable shops in Altamonte Springs or near Longwood that can change a clutch for less what I'm expecting the ridiculous quote from the dealer to be? I've heard things about a crank relearn, etc..., as I'd like to go with a solid flywheel, so I'd like a shop that has a history of changing these clutches.

To explain, I was driving home today in my '16 v6, engaged first gear a bit fast at low RPM from a stop light, causing a slight bog. When I got on the gas, I heard a pop, and no longer had any clutch. When engaging the clutch, it grabs most of the pedal, the car will lurch forward, then acts like it's releasing, while I continue raising the pedal. I can move the car forward maybe 6" at a time without releasing and re-engaging the clutch.
This morning the clutch seemed fine, no slipping, noises, etc... The pedal otherwise feels normal, and the shifter moves smoothly. If I let the pedal all the way out in gear (car not moving), I can hear what sounds like the clutch rotating, but there is a scratchy, gritty sound. There is also a rotating "thunk, thunk, thunk", after shutting the car off that slows down with engine RPM.

Does this sound like a bad clutch? FWIR it actually seems like the Flywheel may have sheared off all the pins that hold the 2 pieces together.
Sponsored

Last edited:

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
LaMotta Performance in Longwood

OP
OP
DeepImpactS550

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
LaMotta Performance in Longwood
That's actually who I will end up going with. They rebuilt the input shaft on my 99 GT many years ago, and did an excellent job. Quoted me $595 for labor. Seems reasonable.
They won't source any parts, though. I have to bring them in. They gave me a list of components that are required and I'm having trouble putting a kit together.
Clutch/Pressure Plate
Solid Flywheel
Throwout Bearing/Slave combo
Pilot Bearing
Flywheel & Pressure Plate Bolts (say they are single use)
Optional stainless pressure line
I can't seem to find any kits that include all these components, and most Disc/Pressure Plate kits don't list the pressure plate bolts as included. ARP does make flywheel bolts.

Last edited:

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
That's actually who I will end up going with. They rebuilt the input shaft on my 99 GT many years ago, and did an excellent job. Quoted me $595 for labor. Seems reasonable.
They won't source any parts, though. I have to bring them in. They gave me a list of components that are required and I'm having trouble putting a kit together.
Clutch/Pressure Plate
Solid Flywheel
Pilot Bearing
I can't seem to find any kits that include all these components, and most Disc/Pressure Plate kits don't list the pressure plate bolts as included. ARP does make flywheel bolts.
That is the shop that works on my cars. They have done the clutch on my GT500 twice, upgraded the SC on same car and has done maintenance on my GT350.

Great people there.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Clutch/Pressure Plate
Solid Flywheel
Pilot Bearing
Being a V6,not sure where to get parts. But, I usually use Lethal Performance. They have also been a great place to get parts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DeepImpactS550

DeepImpactS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Being a V6,not sure where to get parts. But, I usually use Lethal Performance. They have also been a great place to get parts.
Thank you. I had forgot about them. They are in wellington, FL, but not sure if their parts are warehoused in the state.