Need part number of the insulation mat after it's damaged by ratšŸ„²

left4taco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hao
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Hey guys. Unfortunately, after being parked in the backyard for 6 months my Mustang has become the home of some rats. They built a cozy home on my lower splash shield. I spent a whole afternoon cleaning it up.

Please be prepared before seeing how bad it is. Picture is here https://sm.ms/image/ylB2F763La4jDnM

I had to remove the entire insolation mat cause it's seriously damaged. But other than that the engine is fine. The rat eats the AC high pressure sensor wire but I managed to get one from local Ford dealer.

Before I putting the splash shield back, I want to get a new insulation mat there. Does anyone know where I can find the part number? Or is there any alternative on the market I can buy?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I canā€™t see your picture, but if you are referring to the hood liner insulation mat thing, they are expensive (very expensive in the U.K.) ā€¦ :frown:

Some members run without them, if you could find someone local who has removed one that could be a good option for you.

UK prices might be pointless, but maybe the part number is transferable ?

1633762460370.png

WD :like:

RSPEK 178

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
MY20 Mustang R Spec
Hey guys. Unfortunately, after being parked in the backyard for 6 months my Mustang has become the home of some rats. They built a cozy home on my lower splash shield. I spent a whole afternoon cleaning it up.

Please be prepared before seeing how bad it is. Picture is here https://sm.ms/image/ylB2F763La4jDnM

I had to remove the entire insolation mat cause it's seriously damaged. But other than that the engine is fine. The rat eats the AC high pressure sensor wire but I managed to get one from local Ford dealer.

Before I putting the splash shield back, I want to get a new insulation mat there. Does anyone know where I can find the part number? Or is there any alternative on the market I can buy?

Thanks in advance.
I would also check your wiring looms as mice and rats like the insulationā€¦

OP
OP

left4taco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hao
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I canā€™t see your picture, but if you are referring to the hood liner insulation mat thing, they are expensive (very expensive in the U.K.) ā€¦ :frown:

Some members run without them, if you could find someone local who has removed one that could be a good option for you.

UK prices might be pointless, but maybe the part number is transferable ?

1633762460370.png

WD :like:
Hi thanks for replying. Hood liner insulation mat is the thing right below the hood. The one Iā€™m looking for is a small mat above the bottom splash shield.
I uploaded the image to another platform. Please check it out. Thanks!

https://ibb.co/drMvfZs

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
You won't be able to get just the "mat" , it is part of the lower shield . You can look up the part number on Tasca . It might be under the cooling section or bumper cover stuff .

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Have you researched salvage yards ? Other option is is Levittown Ford. Benny is a vendor and offers a forum discount. He will need your vin #.
Sponsored