Sponsored

Need help with understanding my current rear wheel setup from 19X9.5 ET35 & going to 19X10.5 ET22...

Beachbum58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Since they are both 19's, would it not come down to offset? Maybe I can use a small spacer to move the wheel away from the caliper?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Since they are both 19's, would it not come down to offset? Maybe I can use a small spacer to move the wheel away from the caliper?
you have MUCH to learn grass-hoppah. spoke to caliper front face interference can be resolved with a spacer, that is correct. Barrel to caliper can not unless the interference is because of the barrel taper.

OP
OP
kai20035

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Yes correct and from what I've learned with spacers you can use up to 1/4 inch and still get 5-7 full rotations without compromising your safety and wheel falling off and hub centric spacers start at 20mm+ so if you need anything between those numbers then you're stuck having to change your studs. "If" you end up needing an extra few rotations on your studs after using the 1/4 spacers you can also use ET lugs like this to make up to 3/10 of an inch "Shank Length" in rotation which was what I bought to avoid changing my studs! Luckily I didn't need to use them because my Gorilla lug nuts did the job but bought them just incase I needed them.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/20Pcs-Black...-Lug-Nuts-for-Aftermarket-Wheels/133497076955

Beachbum58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I completely agree with that logic. And I do have much to learn lol. But I keep going back to the fact that a stock GT 350 front wheel is 19"" and my rim is too. So discounting taper for a minute, rotationally there should not be a clearance problem. Now as far as a spacer to fix clearance with the face and taper, it may just be too much to make up. That seems to be what I need to determine, both front and back. Seem reasonable?

OP
OP
kai20035

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I completely agree with that logic. And I do have much to learn lol. But I keep going back to the fact that a stock GT 350 front wheel is 19"" and my rim is too. So discounting taper for a minute, rotationally there should not be a clearance problem. Now as far as a spacer to fix clearance with the face and taper, it may just be too much to make up. That seems to be what I need to determine, both front and back. Seem reasonable?
Too bad you didn't have a pic for us to see on how it's sitting on your car with those new wheels cause that way we can easier "visually" see where you're at! The GT350 in the front offset is ET30 19X10.5 and rear is ET24 19X11. Wish I could help you brother but I just finished eating a shit load of Chinese food and almost ready for my late afternoon nap! :-)

Sponsored

OP
OP
kai20035

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
heh, there was a lot of "offset" huh. I was sleepless last night and typed that on the phone so there was multiple edits coming back with images, etc. I was just hoping to explain it without making it confusing, because it can become that. I actually just did my research this week to learn all this shit out because I am also running an "aggressive" fitment wheel that really isn't made specifically for our car too (I am doing a 19x9.5 +30mm square with 275/40s). I just got excited I already had an opportunity to share some of the new found wisdom. Though I'm still figuring some of it out.

For the ESR, I was looking at them myself during my wheel selection. I think these wheels are considered to be more of a import/drift style wheel so the offsets, bores, backspacing are different than what our Mustangs wheels typically sit. That's also why I like these style of wheels because you are less likely to see them on another Mustang because it takes a little magic and configuration to get them to sit properly. From what I've seen almost all of these wheels have more aggressive offsets when they get wider (why people run flares for aggressive setups). I am wheel overloaded from all the looking and research over the past few weeks but for these types of wheels they will only be in a 15mm, 22mm, 30mm, and 35mm offset, depending on the width.

Being you can only get the 10.5 in a +22, I think you are better off sticking with the 9.5 wheel because you will have less poke. It would sit 19mm further out than where it is right now. That is right around 3/4 of an inch, or 19mm. If it's already sitting flush in the rear, you are good. If I'm getting where you are at, you wanted to run a setup that didn't require running spacers? I had the same idea but learned it just wasn't going to work that way. Being that these wheels are not designed for our cars specifically that's why they also have issues clearing the brakes. I have brembos so bigger worry for me. I have 5mm and 10mm spacers I am going to test and pray that 5mm will clear. I think even with the 22, it still doesn't change the backspacing, etc so the calipers will still sit in the same spot so you might have to run a spacer regardless. That's were my knowledge to this goes back to learning. So maybe someone else can come in here and add or correct me.

My plan was, if all of my information was wrong and someone called me out on it I was going to say it was all an April fools joke and it was intentional. Still going that route.
Checking up to see if your 5mm spacer did the job in clearing your Brembo's, it should? I don't think the depth of the 4-6 pistons are any different and I ended up getting an extra 2-3mm's clearance after using mine that I got from CJPonyparts. Add some pics and hope it all went well! As for my venture to try to make those 19X10.5's work I've been looking into getting some universal fender flares that don't look cheap but for the S550's it isn't easy finding one that's around 1 inch or less, 30mm was the smallest I found on a S550, ofcourse the ones that are really nice are 2-3 inches wide...

OP
OP
kai20035

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
That looks awesome and you getting a wicker bill for that spoiler or staying stock? I had one on my GT350 track pack spoiler which I regret selling because with my new GT500 with gurney flap if I choose to switch out my rear tail likes I doesn't fit the profile very well?

I really think this one would look crazy on yours don't you think!

image_411ac081-cb73-4dfc-a255-dc9c69012a03_1024x1024.jpg

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Checking up to see if your 5mm spacer did the job in clearing your Brembo's, it should? I don't think the depth of the 4-6 pistons are any different and I ended up getting an extra 2-3mm's clearance after using mine that I got from CJPonyparts. Add some pics and hope it all went well! As for my venture to try to make those 19X10.5's work I've been looking into getting some universal fender flares that don't look cheap but for the S550's it isn't easy finding one that's around 1 inch or less, 30mm was the smallest I found on a S550, ofcourse the ones that are really nice are 2-3 inches wide...
I actually didn't need spacers to clear the brembos however there is only a little clearance so I still have the 5mm coming, should be here today. If I like them I will keep them on, if not I'll probably stick with what I have for now. There's just not the recommended 3mm minmal clearance brembo suggests. They look stupid good though. I've already got a bunch of compliments and it's literally the only thing done to the car besides painting the decklid emblem and the red center on the 5.0 bronze.

20210403_151632-03.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
kai20035

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I actually

I actually didn't need spacers to clear the brembos however there is only a little clearance so I still have the 5mm coming, should be here today. If I like them I will keep them on, if not I'll probably stick with what I have for now. There's just not the recommended 3mm minmal clearance brembo suggests. They like ok stupid good though. I've already got a bunch of compliments and it's literally the only thing done to the car besides painting the decklid emblem and the red center on the 5.0 bronze.

20210403_151632-03.jpeg
It's a great pic and I can see you're surrounded by an amazing surrounding of trees which many cities don't tend to have!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
It's a great pic and I can see you're surrounded by an amazing surrounding of trees which many cities don't tend to have!
Thanks. The only trees in my yard are in the front and nearly dead that like dropping branches. I can't park on the side of the curb with piece of mind because occasionally I find a nice 10-20lb brance that fell off lol. The sun also sits on this side of the neighborhood pretty much the whole day. A true pita for a black car.
Sponsored