Need help with switching out Recaros to std power bucket seats

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
Bussmann makes a fuse tap, commonly called "Add A Circuit", you can get them through Grainger's or most auto supplies.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Can get pins from mouser.com if it's a Delphi or Molex connection.

http://www.mouser.com/Molex/Connectors/Pin-Socket-Connectors/_/N-ay0mm?P=1z0zlew

Crimping the pin is the actual hard part. Have to make a friend at a dealer or shop because the RIGHT tool that crimps PROPERLY is like $200. The cheap ones suck (that or I can never figure out how to get it to work), but I'm more than happy to lend you my cheap one if you pay a deposit on it and send it back, haha.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Can get pins from mouser.com if it's a Delphi or Molex connection.

http://www.mouser.com/Molex/Connectors/Pin-Socket-Connectors/_/N-ay0mm?P=1z0zlew

Crimping the pin is the actual hard part. Have to make a friend at a dealer or shop because the RIGHT tool that crimps PROPERLY is like $200. The cheap ones suck (that or I can never figure out how to get it to work), but I'm more than happy to lend you my cheap one if you pay a deposit on it and send it back, haha.
You are lucky if you can find a decent crimp tool for $200. Some of the specialized ones are often $2000 or more. I guess automotive connectors are pretty common, so the tools are probably less than the ones I am used to, but still: Stupid crimp tools :rant:

Digikey is another place where you can find all kinds of electronic stuff.
http://www.digikey.com/

-T

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
In your area, There must be a shop that specializes in electical wiring or a good hot rod shop. Around here, I know exacly where I'd go to have the wires installed - probably cost $100-$200.

OP
OP
shelbyman

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Wanted to update everyone on this swap. I ended up taking it to a local Ford dealer close to me. I went this route because they have access to the FORD computers and all the wiring harness diagrams that you can't find anywhere. The tech installed the seats and did the wiring and they work perfectly. They did a very good job....and I so love the additional room I have in there now. I would recommend this to anyone thats tired of the Recaros.

Can anyone tell me why I'm not getting email updates when someone replies to this thread?

Sponsored

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Wanted to update everyone on this swap. I ended up taking it to a local Ford dealer close to me. I went this route because they have access to the FORD computers and all the wiring harness diagrams that you can't find anywhere. The tech installed the seats and did the wiring and they work perfectly. They did a very good job....and I so love the additional room I have in there now. I would recommend this to anyone thats tired of the Recaros.

Can anyone tell me why I'm not getting email updates when someone replies to this thread?
What did they have to do to the wiring harness? did they have to run new wires?

I think your not getting any updates is because no one has responded since March 3rd

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Most main harnesses are modular. I'd bet they just ordered and installed the missing link. It should be the same harness as the GT seats of the same style.

Obrien455

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Gt350 shadow black, stripe delete, tech packag
You wouldnt be interested in selling those recaros would you??

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP ESS G3 SUPERCHARGED

hey how much did the dealer charge you to get the seats to work.

Sponsored

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck

Bump - what did you pay for the stock seats and labor for install, if you don't mind sharing that...

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Yes he did. That where I got the idea from. But have had no luck getting any kind of phone number for the Big Dog Garage to see how they went about it.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 PST

Phone: (888) 930-8743

Email: [email protected]

Mailing Address: Leno's Garage, P.O. Box 7458, Burbank, CA 91510

OP
OP
shelbyman

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Hello there. I couple of you have asked about what I paid for the replacement seats and installation. As I recall I got the inexpensive cloth bucket seats from a mid west auto dismantler for about $400 + or - for the pair. The installation was just over $500 from the dealer to install and do the wiring etc. If I had to do it over again I would get the really nice leather seats. I figured I would have the seats in and out a few times over the years but thats just not the case. The car is just a street car. If someone has the nice leather seats I might consider a swap for switching them out.
Sponsored