Sponsored

Need help with new wheels. I have a lot of questions.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I ordered Steedas suspension package to lower my PP1 car. I was originally thinking of just getting spacers to make my tires more flush, however really dont like that idea at all and would rather just get new rims. This is where I'm stupid.

I really like the Michelin 4S's on my car now. They are 255/40 zr 19 front and 275/40 zr 19 rear
I want to stay with 19 inch. The offset is where I'm lost. How do I figure out if a certain wheel would work?
Would it be possible to use the tires I have now with a better offset? I really dont need new tires.
I was looking into some rtr's that are on backorder forever so I found these on Steedas website that I like and wonder if these would work and give me the look I'm going for.
https://www.steeda.com/MRR-S550-Mustang-FS06-Flow-Form-Wheel-19-2015-2019_p_15423
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Oops. Yea no idea why I typed 235. Been a long day. lol

So for my tires to go out further I'd want a lower offset number?

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
To help others help you, what are your care-abouts? Flush fitment? Ability to rotate, i.e. not staggered? Do you plan to autocross/track or DD only? There are plenty of well known offsets/sizes that, dependent upon on your answers, folks around here can provide.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
To help others help you, what are your care-abouts? Flush fitment? Ability to rotate, i.e. not staggered? Do you plan to autocross/track or DD only? There are plenty of well known offsets/sizes that, dependent upon on your answers, folks around here can provide.
Bascially all I want to do it push my tires out more to be flush and leave everything else the same. Same Piliot 4S tires. Once I drop the suspension an inch I just dont want my tires hiding like a turtle like they are now. I'll fix the gap, but not the poke. A lot of people just buy either 20mm rear and 23 or 25 mm spacers up front or 25 mm all around and call it a day. I just dont get a good feeling with them.
I have staggered tires now and am fine with the setup. I actually prefer the larger rears.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Your stock tires will fit on anything from a 9-10" wheel, so you could easily go with a 19x10" square setup and reuse your current tires. They'll be a little stretched on the front but it fits per the manufacturer.

For offsets, a 9.5" wheel might use an ET30 for a nice flush offset. A 10" wide wheel would want a ET35.

I will say those MRR wheels are a bit $$$ for similar wheels.

Yes you can also run bolt on spacers with your stock wheels. Slip on spacers require longer studs, but some dudes do run bolt on spacers. I wouldn't personally recommend it. Wheels with the right offsets to begin with will have less problems. Hub wear can be accelerated with large spacers, but hubs are a wear item and don't last forever anyway.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your stock tires will fit on anything from a 9-10" wheel, so you could easily go with a 19x10" square setup and reuse your current tires. They'll be a little stretched on the front but it fits per the manufacturer.

For offsets, a 9.5" wheel might use an ET30 for a nice flush offset. A 10" wide wheel would want a ET35.

I will say those MRR wheels are a bit $$$ for similar wheels.

Yes you can also run bolt on spacers with your stock wheels. Slip on spacers require longer studs, but some dudes do run bolt on spacers. I wouldn't personally recommend it. Wheels with the right offsets to begin with will have less problems. Hub wear can be accelerated with large spacers, but hubs are a wear item and don't last forever anyway.
I actually did see some RTR wheels I liked that were simular, but they are out of stock for 12 plus weeks from what it said. I like the PP2 wheel look which is what I'm after if I'm going to upgrade. Ford Performance has some, but they're matte black not gloss.
The ones on Steeda dont even list an offset so no idea if thats a custom thing or what.

Last edited:

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Steeda’s webpage for the MRR wheels you like states that custom offsets are possible. Having just put a set of MRR M600 wheels (20 x10, ET +35) on my GT, a 19 x 10, ET+35 wheel will be pretty flush front and rear. I’d opt for a square setup to allow for rotations in the future for better tire life once your staggered Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires have worn down and are in need of replacement. I’d also suggest a 285 width tire front and rear on those 10” wide wheels when it’s time for replacements,

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Steeda’s webpage for the MRR wheels you like states that custom offsets are possible. Having just put a set of MRR M600 wheels (20 x10, ET +35) on my GT, a 19 x 10, ET+35 wheel will be pretty flush front and rear. I’d opt for a square setup to allow for rotations in the future for better tire life once your staggered Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires have worn down and are in need of replacement. I’d also suggest a 285 width tire front and rear on those 10” wide wheels when it’s time for replacements,
Honestly I'd rather keep the staggered setup with the larger rears. I'm not worried about not being able to rotate.

OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Sponsored
OP
OP

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ok so searching youtube I found this guy has the exact wheels I want but different tires.

He has 285 30/19 front 305 30/19 back in the description. He has no idea what the offset is. His isn't a pp1 though. So I dont know if that size would clear my Brembos.

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Ok so searching youtube I found this guy has the exact wheels I want but different tires.

He has 285 30/19 front 305 30/19 back in the description. He has no idea what the offset is. His isn't a pp1 though. So I dont know if that size would clear my Brembos.
There are only two sizes for this wheel; 19 x 10, ET +40 and 19 x 11, ET +55. Based on his tire sizes and the available offsets, it appears that the 19 x 10 wheel is used up front while the 19 x 11 is used on the rear.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
That S350 is the one wheel they have in stock that I'm considering.
I've got it down to 5 wheels I like from LMR. The 355 and 357 are numbers 4 and 5 for looks but they are the lightest, both are out of stock (19x10 square, gloss black). The SP2 is on hiatus. I was hoping for a 4th of July sale on the R350 and/or S350 but the R is out of stock and the S is the regular price in black. I'd still like to know why a set of 4 costs more than just getting 4 wheels.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score